What size is your tv?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by NightWind, Oct 9, 2020.

?

Please choose below:

1. Old school cube

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  2. 32'' ~ 82 cm

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. 40'' ~ 102 cm

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. 50'' ~ 127 cm

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. 55'' ~ 139 cm

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  6. 65'' ~ 165 cm

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  7. 75'' ~ 190 cm

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  8. 85'' ~ 215 cm

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Other, please specify

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You can easily give it away on Ebay or some site like that. I gave my old 720p philips Tv to some guy, it was for his daughter.

Amaze likes this.
  2. Amaze

Amaze Guest

I was watching some video about TV's the other day and they suggested giving it away to a school, so I might do that. Though the remote is on it's last legs after many many falls, so if it breaks I might have given them a massive headache.

3. Horse Hooves Clomping

Horse Hooves Clomping Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3060ti 8gb FE
    I don't even watch TV. When i moved to new house, I just hung it as decoration. My go to entertainment is tablet youtube and pc gaming. Perhaps I should change my vote to something like 9" screen, since my tablet is tv equivalent now.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well I traded in this Tv, what piece of junk this Tv was. I got the LG OLED Evo G4 now, same size so 65". (despite i did not want a OLED, I got one now LOL)

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Can you give your impressions of the QN900D please? What you didnt like especially.

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    For starters it only supports Dolby Atmos, so DTS is out of the question. DTS is blocked from other audio outputs as well which really sucks.
    I could not play DTS movies even through optical out. I even tried a dedicated soundblaster card, which i had to send back, since it was not working. Also Dark Souls 2 would not boot when sound was output to the Tv. really strange.

Also it lacked options, it basicly had the same options as my old samsung Tv from years ago.
    It shut down twice for me , and I had some weird corruption thing whenever watching Tv or watching Tv through a app. I paid 4k for it, and I see its for sale for €5800 everywhere else. It is in no way worth that price.

The 240hz is nice, but honestly I could not see the difference with 120hz.
    This LG i have has a lot more features and options, while i was a fan of Samsung before, I can see now LG is the better choice

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yeah, DTS support is a pita. I bought a video card with 2x HDMI out to feed my AVR directly when watching a movie. Annoys me greatly this is necessary.