What should i buy

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by rooisone, Aug 4, 2014.

1. rooisone

rooisone Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570
    Hello all, I am going to build a new system its been a long time coming. I have been very busy so I have not seen what is new or coming out soon. I am asking for help I want to spend no more then $3,500 this is for everything but the video card please help me make my dream system thank you! ps I will be gaming on a 55in tv then upgrading to 4k

2. rooisone

rooisone Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570
    I was looking on evga web site the EVGA X79 Dark, EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2 Power Supply and Intel Core i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 6-Core 3.6GHz (Turbo 4GHz) LGA 2011 130W Desktop Processor BX80633i74960X as a start.

3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Wait a month for the X99 series and Haswell-E to come out first. Then decide if you want to get a new 6 core cpu or older gen 6-core cpu.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    ^^This because the x99 series of CPUs are similar to Sandy Bridge Cpus as they use solder underneath the heatsink of the CPU instead of that god thermal paste idea. This is another reason I highly recommend going x99.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well with that kind of money you shouldn't worry about anything at all...
    Also, the next "generation" of nVidia GPUs will launch shortly, might want to wait a bit and check that out too if you will be going for 4k gaming. Your 570 will surely not suffice ;)

6. rooisone

rooisone Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570
    lol yes I know if the new NVidia cards are coming out then I would like to get one I was looking at a titan black hydro