1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what remakes\remastered games - you wanna see on PC ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by coc, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, the expansions for the first game were made by another studio, TimeGate.
    This was done because Monolith had a rather... bad... falling out with Vivendi during FEAR's development. They couldn't get out of it, but, they didn't want to work with Vivendi anymore. So, they finished the game and didn't want to make any further content for them.

But, Vivendi owned the FEAR title, and Vivendi had already contracted for expansions, so Lith laid out a very basic story... and left. But, TimeGate ignored most of the story beats and did their own thing, and Vivendi was planning a FEAR 2 after they were finished. Telling new paranormal stories. While Monolith owned all character and locations. All the while Monolith were developing the official sequel under the title Project ORIGIN.
    But, then Vivendi fell apart, and during it's final days as it was selling off IPs... Warner Bros (who own Monolith) bought the FEAR title. So, Project ORIGIN became FEAR 2: Project Origin.
    So, in order to avoid confusion because Monolith were very unhappy with the story telling TimeGate made, they announced those expansions were not canon.

Reborn was official canon because it was made by Monolith, designed to bridge the gap between FEAR 2 and FEAR 3. To explain how Paxton was back, and with Paxton back... it would explain how Point Man was drawn back to the city.

Monolith wanted to use FEAR 3 as a means of really bringing the first two games closer. By bringing the main characters together.
    They wanted to expand the universe in the second game, show events happening in other locations while the Point Man was on his mission. And, to show more of Armacham and the people behind it. Also, you couldn't really have Alma get pregnant with her son Point Man as the main character in FEAR 2. ;)

2. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    The first Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with Michael Ironside still doing Same Fisher's voice.

With ray tracing.

3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Aliens Versus Predator! Using iDs newest engine!

Zenoth and fantaskarsef like this.
  4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    Command and Conquer Generals
    NFS Underground 2
    James Bond (the one that had Pierce Brosnan)

DocStrangelove and K.S. like this.

5. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    FEAR 2 was surprisingly good.

K.S. likes this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Love FEAR 2. :) It gets a lot of hate, but, I don't think it's really that justified.

7. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    It's much better than FEAR 3.

Finishing FEAR 3 was a chore. It felt like they accidentally made it too easy, then to compensate, they just reduced the amount of ammo in the game to frustratingly low levels.

FEAR 2's shooting mechanics felt nice actually.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I've thought about replaying FEAR 2 several times over the years but never got to it.

Maybe now. I've replayed the original a few times.

I bought FEAR 2 in late 2011, immediately played it to completion (and followed up with FEAR 3) but never replayed it.

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I played all the FEAR games and expansions back to back a few months ago for the first time, so it's pretty fresh in my mind.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I love the FEAR series, but, Perseus Mandate is such a chore to play. I've finished it once, and can never bring myself to replay the entire thing. I always burn out pretty early on.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Witcher 1 ! I really want to experience the story, but it has aged horribly, both visually, and in regards to control and combat system.

Mass effect triology, especially the first one

lucidus likes this.
  12. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    They should re-do Project I.G.I.

[​IMG]

DocStrangelove likes this.
  13. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I loved The Witcher 2 and 3, but I feel no need to play The Witcher 1.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    X-Wing (1993)
    Tie Fighter (1995)

DocStrangelove likes this.
  15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Jedi Knight would be awesome as well. Although many gamers today would get lost in its level design.

16. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Hexen and Heretic. Remake them like Doom, but more open world with lots of locales like Rage 2.

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    This.

They'll probably never be remade though... The space combat sim genre pretty much died with Freespace 2

Luckily we still have mods:
    • Freespace I still play through the FSPort, which is pretty good.
    • I'm really looking forward to the X-Wing Virtual machine: https://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm/videos , Although it's probably a looong way of before it's done.

lucidus likes this.
  18. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    If they remade Witcher 1 but with Witcher 3's engine and combat then that would be amazing. I couldn't stand the combat in the first Witcher.

Throwing another couple of games into the ring, Severence Blade of Darkness and S.H.O.G.O Mobile Armor Division.

I also think ONI would be a great choice for a remake. To this day it still has one of best combat systems in any game. I've probably replayed it more than any other game. Even spent two weeks recording and cutting a trailer for it years ago link

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Out of curiosity how is Witcher 3's combat compared to Witcher 2?

I have Witcher 2 but always been interested in 3. For reference Dark Souls (and Bloodborne) have what I consider the best combat systems in RPGs so extrapolate from that ;)

(so combat in W2 was slightly off putting for me)

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Funny i must one of the few guys who liked the combat in the first Witcher. When i first played the game i also hated the combat but then i gave it another go and i come to like it. It´s different from other games and i think it´s really suited for a RPG.

For me it´s a clear improvement but nothing special. In W2 i was always rolling to avoid attacks, in W3 instead of rolling you have to really heavily on magic. But my experience with W3 is limited because i´ve only played a small part of the game.
    As for comparing Witcher´s combat with DS combat is pointless because they are different games, Witcher is more of a "traditional" RPG while DS is an action RPG.
    But if you liked W2 you´re also going to like W3, i think.

AsiJu likes this.