what remakes\remastered games - you wanna see on PC ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by coc, Aug 29, 2018.

1. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    hey everyone

really loved the fact that in my other topic on re-playing games, i saw comments about
    older games. it reminded me a lot of nice things from my younger years, and i wanna
    continue with it. it really bring a smile to me, seeing guys at my age or even older still
    playing, and re-playing.

so for the subject itself -

what games on PC you would love to see as a remake\remastered ? in 4K :)

for me, the game i re-played the most is also the thing i wanna see getting a rework :)

1. Mass Effect series ( specially 1 & 2 with all DLC's )

2. Nightmare Creatures ( as a kid.. its nostalgic for me )

3. Vampire Bloodlines ( improve the clunky combat, modern graphics, DON'T TOUCH anything else please )

4. Rune

5. Soldier of Fortune 1

stage is yours guys.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    It's never going to happen but a remaster or a remake of Demon's Souls would probably wet my pants a little.

Duke Nil and warlord like this.
  3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Also not gonna happen, but only if they remaster Freelancer … damn, I loved this game so much…

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm a simple man.

I dream of the day we get proper re-releases of NOLF 1 and 2.
    It'll never happen, but, I can dream...

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    They seem to run pretty well on modern hardware - just replayed through both last month. It's a shame that they're abandonware now.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    all the old janes games, some of them are damn near impossible to get to work on modern rigs. longbow, IAF, F-15, 688i, most of these game have been requested on gog and i think most of them are abandonware, but there are whole websites dedicated to getting them to run.

metal gear games, i mean what else is konami gonna do with the IP? they already fd it, about the only thing left is to remaster MGS from the ps1 and ps2.

mechwarrior games, yea we getting a new one, but mw 4 was amazing with a good campaign and great gameplay.

deus ex 1 and 2, yea there are mods that improve the gfx and they run on todays hardware, but imagine the og deus ex redone with more modern gameplay and rebuilt maps and models.

black and white was an amazing game would be nice to see something with that IP if it was a remaster of the og game or a new title.

some of the old star wars games, because EA and dice cant make a good star wars game to save their fing lives.

and we already got some dungeon keepers reboots, theme hospital is soon, so some of this is happening. two point hospital is looking pretty good and no topics about it on here.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    meh i liked it i had a sidewinder ff pro stick i played 4 with though, that cranked the immersion up to 100, i played the entire campaign through 3 or 4 times :p.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Doom3 @ID7 engine.

9. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Tomb Raider one two and three. @ CryEngine. :)

10. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Quake I, and Unreal.

AsiJu likes this.

11. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    The original Deus Ex. Probably a dream that will never come true but still, that would be incredible.

Condemned is also up there. Especially if they did the second as well and brought both to PC.

Probably the least likely but games like Freespace 2 and X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter also deserve a remake.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    -Call Of Duty 2
    -Far Cry 1
    -Red Alert 2
    -Age Of Empires 3, release it on a relevant platform so it becomes relevant
    -Syphon Filter 2/3 - oh good times
    -007 Nightfall

Can we reverse time so I get to sit on the carpet and play some of those games on my Pentium 4 FX-5200 beast of a PC or just the PS2?

Had to reinstall Windows XP everytime I felt like playing COD2. The freed RAM made the game much smoother. 256 MB of RAM, those were the days.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Interstate '76 and Black & White (Lionhead)

AsiJu likes this.
  14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I want a new Freelancer or a remaster of it. I loved that game to death and it's a shame it's never been replaced or a new one made even though Microshaft did talk about a new one but never happened.

drandiiski likes this.
  15. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Remakes

* Disclaimer * By 'remakes' here I mean completely re-making a game from scratch, Resident Evil 2 Remake style. Not just 'remastering' with high definition textures. It would have to be on a completely new engine, and in some cases even the base point of view would be changed (again, like RE2 Remake did, going with the 'over-the-shoulder' route).

- Turok 1 & 2 (there's 'remasters' on Steam, but here I'm talking about remakes; it hasn't been done for those and it would be amazing)
    - Command & Conquer 1 & 2 (I.E. "2" being Tiberian Sun)
    - Perfect Dark (why hasn't THAT happened yet?!)
    - Halo: Combat Evolved (remaking the 2nd one wouldn't be a bad thing either, but I'd mostly wet my pants if they ever did that for the original)
    - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    - Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

- Body Harvest
    - Shadow Man
    - Twisted Metal (for this one I'm imagining a remake that would include everything from TM1, 2 and 3)
    - Final Fantasy IV (this one... it needs to happen)
    - Final Fantasy VII (yeah yeah I know... but we haven't heard anything about it in years by now; might as well just keep wishing for it to happen then)
    - Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 (I'd like to imagine such a remake basically being both first games put together; but remaking THAT much would practically be impossible, I know)
    - Crash Team Racing (hey, they did make a Crash Bandicoot trilogy remaster, why not just remaking its racing game? I know I'd have a lot of fun with it; it doesn't always have to be all about Mario Kart)
    - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (the day that happens is the day I'll have a heart attack from pure disbelief)
    - Star Fox 64 (after Zero, all I want is to just play an actually good Star Fox game, might as well just remake SF64 then)
    - Jet Force Gemini
    - Hexen

Remasters

(Alright, now here we're talking about updated textures, support for modern resolutions and wide-screen updates along with the User Interface changes; passing by 'quality of life improvement' game updates to character models upgrades for early 3D games or updated sprites and animations for 2D or 2.5D games, newer / remixed soundtracks, better backgrounds or enhanced colors palette and so on and so forth)

- Mass Effect 1 & 2 (especially the first one, since I do think that it really didn't age well at all)
    - Super Metroid
    - Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and Ultimate 3 (screw the original MK3, it's all about UMK3; and on a side note I'm actually surprised that by now none of that ever happened)
    - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    - Super Castlevania IV
    - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    - Castlevania: Bloodlines

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
    - Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    - Gunstar Heroes
    - Comix Zone
    - Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
    - Blackthorne
    - Golden Axe 1 & 2
    - Disney's Aladdin

And many more... I could just keep going with this for days.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    • Unreal Games
    • Metal Gear Series, especially MGS1
    • The old Duke Nukem 3D
    • Mass Effect 1 to 3
    • Soldier of Fortune 2 MP
    But these would have to be more than just simple re-textures. Full overhaul with all the new whistles and bells, though retaining their old gameplay mechanics.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Tomb Raider 1 was not remastered but remade, Tomb Raider Legends I think it was called? I liked it.

AoE3 is available on Steam. What do you mean by releasing on a relevant platform?

For almost two decades I was wishing, waiting for an Outcast remake or remaster. The Appeal guys got together to make Outcast: Second Contact, so I got exactly what I was hoping for. I'm very happy the game got its remaster on a modern game engine. Still love the original versions though (Outcast 1.1, preferably).

I wouldn't mind a Halo remake for PC - it's preserved on Xbox, but not on Windows. Basically, if Microsoft would bring Halo: the Master Chief Collection to Windows including Reach and ODST, I'd be all over that. I bet they'd be a bitch about it though and not release outside the Windows Store.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Morrowind.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've got them both installed.
    And yeah, they both run fine. But, NightDive were working on modern updates for Steam that would've included native widescreen support, updated visuals, AA options, fixed music looping.
    But Activision shut them down.

And, technically, they are not abandonware.
    They aren't for sale anywhere digitally, but, Activision and WB still firmly hold onto the IP and rights to the games.

20. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Oh shoot, I meant Age of Empires II not III - the definitive edition was released on MS store, not steam! :/

Steam has the HD edition though, which is better than nothing I guess.