What needs to be done now?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by samusaran1, Feb 13, 2007.

1. samusaran1

samusaran1 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 710/1970
    Greetings gurus,
    I just replaced my dads socket a Athlon 2200 with my old Athlon xp 3200. I also replaced his old 256 MB of ram with a gig of my old PC2700 ram. This set up used to scream on my old computer before the rebuild you see to your left. The parts in his PC don't seem to be making much of a difference. What should I do?:eek:uch: One thing I noticed is that in "my computer" the processor isn't recognized.
    Any help would be great as I told him that he would see a little difference in performance after the upgrade.

2. rabidgoldfish

rabidgoldfish Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    i would look at the FSB, the 2200 xp used a slower fsb than the 3200, that and his MB may not take the 3200 xp, there were a lot of MB's that would only take up to a XP XXXX because of the FSB,

3. samusaran1

samusaran1 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 710/1970
    I've got the old motherboard that I took the xp3200 out of. Would it be worth it to upgrade that as well?

4. rabidgoldfish

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    if your not seeing the same performance with his rig, that your system was giving you, and you still have your old MB around it would hurt to put it in, that is if it will fit,

5. rabidgoldfish

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    ho yeah is OS will not like having the the MB change, i know there is a way to change the MB with out a reformat, but u will have do to some looking for it, you may want to try motherboards. org

6. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg