What mouse and keyboard are you using?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by BigBlockTowncar, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

Saitek Eclipse 2 or 3 they are great boards :) Although the Eclipse 2 has a knob to turn the brightness of the backlight up and down.

2. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    I just got the Logitech G500 mouse and it completely out classes my Razer Lachesis.

I also costs less...Razer are so over rated.

3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    Logitech UltraX Premium + Logitech G5 Rev. 2

[​IMG]

4. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Saitek eclipse II and razer deathadder (in lunar white, so much more prettier than the blue :D)

5. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Logitech g15v2 and a g9 I think it's time to upgrade the keyboard

6. the mad monk

the mad monk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560 Ti
    i use a m/$ Reclusa, its a nice backlit keyboard with a nice feel to it
    and a Razer Lachesis mouse, i just need a decent mouse mat to get the best of of it

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    The III has a touch panel that cycles through different backlight colours(blue-purple-purply pink-pink-red) and changes the brightness(off-1-2-3-4)

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Omagana: i kinda agree with you on the overrated bit. I mean maybe not so much for people with smaller hands.... or if you're the type that only ever has your fingertips touching the mouse.... but i like a mouse that i can rest my hand on top of and be comfortable, and anything Razer isn't it. At least none that i've seen so far. They all seem so small. That's why i like Logitech's mice. excellent quality, nice size, not a lot of weight (another thing i hate about Razer..... it's like there's nothing to them), and for their latest wireless mice (MX1000, MX1100, MX Revolution, Performance Mouse MX, etc...) excellent battery life.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Logitech G15 (v2) and Razer Copperhead tempest blue.

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    6€ rainbow mouse

15€ microsoft keyboard (i only need the "no sound key :p")

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I'm using these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Generic Chicony Wireless keyboard (laptop style keys).

Mouse: A4tech X-750BF, love it, fantastic mouse, have it set at 2000dpi (max is 2500).

[​IMG]

13. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I'm kind of leaning towards that logitech g15 for a keyboard right now.

I like the backlit design and the reviews look pretty solid. Any gripes with this one?

Not sure on the mouse.

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    i never really got the point behind insanely high DPI settings on mice. my Logitech Performance Mouse MX has the ability to change DPI settings on the fly.... but i only ever tried it once..... and never did it again, cause it's annoying as hell. Would it be better turning up the DPI on the mouse and turning down the sensitivity in the regular Setpoint settings?

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Logitech Illuminated is another great backlit keyboard. It has flat "laptop" style keys, which have a shorter stroke. It's also about half the price of a G15.

G9 or G9x are top mice. Some people don't like them, but I reckon this is more statistical than fact. If more people have something, there is more chance that there will be people that don't like them. Quality build, interchangable grips and weights, a nice braided cord, and laser sensor.

I'm using a Logitech Slim keyboard and a Logitech Basic mouse. My mate has a G15 and a G9, I don't reckon the G15 is anything special, but the G9 has a great feel and build.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    I am using a Razer Lachesis and old Logitech Elite Keyboard, I bought in 2002.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

17. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I really like this keyboard and looked at it, but it doesn't have a my computer/calculator button. Lots of keyboards don't but they have programmable hotkeys. Do you know if I can program some of those function keys? Otherwise it would be perfect. The G15 is nice too...The v1 looks way cooler I think with the blue...It is a little wide though.

Where you finding the prices...It looks like the illuminated is about as expensive as the G15.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  18. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    You can just use a macro application to program the keys. The G15 just has a few "spare" keys so you don't need to override the function of the alphanumeric keys.

The best feature as I see it, and the keyboard I use now also has it (Logitech Ultra Flat - only about $20-30), are the flat "laptop" keys. Although the Ultra Slim key layout is a bit cramped, all the keys ae close together, as you can see below:

[​IMG]

The Illuminated has a better layout, and better keys IMO, I had a feel at the shops :D

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and I see the G15 has dropped a bit in price since I last looked.

19. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The function buttons--can those be programmed to open what you want them to open? Like if you have firefox and IE does it automatically look and see what your default browser is or do you have to tell the Logitech drivers?

So instead of a browser or email button I could use it to open my computer?

I have been using the same internet keyboard pro for about 8 or 9 years, so I am used to the My PC and calc buttons. I won 2 of them, a sidewinder joystick, xp, and some games at a Msft test thing I was invited to a long time ago-right around the XP launch.

20. chuck216

chuck216 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB
    I'm using an ancient Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro, and a wired Logitec Optical Mouse, Both basic but working fine.