what mark is best on ati videocards?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Master_nova, May 25, 2005.

1. Master_nova

Master_nova New Member

GPU:
    GF FX 5500
    is sapphire best or what other?:(

2. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Well, apparently some people think so, especially at how the prices at newegg.com are (at least for the PCI-Express edition). For some reason when I bought my x850 XT PE a couple of days ago the OEM version (OEM on Newegg means barebones, no nice box, additional software, power connectors, etc.) for the Sapphire x850 XT PE PCI-Express was going for $899 while the ASUS Retail version (came with a very nice box, loads of software, several connectors) of the exact same x850 XT PE PCI-Express sold for $629 which is the one I bought. The cards are exactly the same, except for the sticker on the Sapphire version looks better than the ASUS, but I didn't care, wouldn't be able to see it in my computer anyway. For me, I go for the best bang for the buck, and since there aren't many x850 XT PE PCI-Express offerings (the only ones I currently found were these 2) I decided to go with the $170 cheaper version which offered software and additional hardware. I don't know why so many people bought the Sapphire OEM version, unless the ASUS version just became available, but when it comes down to it both the cards are the same. I would just look at what bundles the card comes with, and I have to say my card has been great (although I know the Sapphire would have been just as good).

3. Master_nova

Master_nova New Member

GPU:
    GF FX 5500
    ok! so ill shud by asus version?