What kinda guns do u own?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Used_condom, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainMasher

BrainMasher Master Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X HD5750/Asus 6990

well i bet you that a criminal in the usa has les trouble to cet a gun then the do here so its not ridiculous

2. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I suppose it all comes down to cultural differences. We Americans love our firearms and will not, under any circumstances, give up our rights to own and, in at least 38 states, carry guns. It is written into our Constitution as the 2nd Amendment, contrary to the claims of some delusional liberals over here.

It took me a grand total of 10 minutes and $25 to get my permit to carry a gun anywhere I want to, with the exception of banks, federal buildings, hospitals, and other such understandable exemptions. In fact it is state law in Pennsylvania that the county sheriff's department is required to issue a license if you don't possess a criminal background that would preclude it. You do not have to have a license to actually own one, just to carry one. When you buy a gun in PA, you just have to submit to an instant background check, which takes about 5 minutes, and presto, you're the owner of a nice new firearm.

We look at this issue a lot differently over here and that's a primary reason why our violent crime rates are lower than those European nations that ban firearms. Look at the article that I have cited in several previous posts in this thread. The numbers don't lie.

The cure is worse than the disease
    In a pattern that's repeated itself in Canada and Australia, violent crime has continued to go up in Great Britain despite a complete ban on handguns, most rifles and many shotguns. The broad ban that went into effect in 1997 was trumpeted by the British government as a cure for violent crime. The cure has proven to be much worse than the disease.

Crime rates in England have skyrocketed since the ban was enacted. According to economist John Lott of the American Enterprise Institute, the violent crime rate has risen 69 percent since 1996, with robbery rising 45 percent and murders rising 54 percent. This is even more alarming when you consider that from 1993 to 1997 armed robberies had fallen by 50 percent. Recent information released by the British Home Office shows that trend is continuing.

Reports released in October 2004 indicate that during the second quarter of 2004, violent crime rose 11 percent; violence against persons rose 14 percent.

The British experience is further proof that gun bans don't reduce crime and, in fact, may increase it. The gun ban creates ready victims for criminals, denying law-abiding people the opportunity
    to defend themselves.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  3. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Last night i got attacked by a group of Chavs (if you live in uk, i think you getr the picture) and all they wanted was a ****ing cigarette and one punch me to the side of the neck and one to the back of the neck. i didint retaliate as i was born and bred to not believe in violence (however when it comes to having to use violence i would). its just so petty.

back to the topic: i have fired air guns in my time but not the real thing. my mate killed a duck once using his gas powered metal bb walfer. tbh i prefer to shoot at paper targets as what my mate did i thought it was cruel. but thats just my opinon.

and i agree that any man who is being threatened and his family, wife, children are being threatened has the right to defend himself with reasonable force. but depends on your definition of "reasonable force", while one person may feel using a gun would be reasonable another might diagree.

4. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    In most places over here, especially a rural area where I live, if someone is in your house with malicious intent, you can take whatever action you deem necessary. Personally, I'll just put him in his grave. Why take chances?

Technically, you have to feel like your life or the lives of others are in danger before using deadly force. However, I've had many, many law enforcement officers tell me that if you do whack an intruder and they didn't have a lethal weapon on them, simply wipe down a knife and stick it in their hands. The overwhelming majority of cops won't even question it because you just did society a favor and saved them a lot of time with courts and such. And that's the unvarnished truth.

BTW, what are Chavs? Just curious.

5. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    I'd guess here in North America, we'd call them wiggers.
    Wikipedia knows all and sees all.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chavs

As for guns, I don't own them and I've never had a desire to own one. I personally don't see a use for them.

6. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    I have two guns. Only two because I havn't been able to afford any more.

I have a 5-shot .380 auto. Very small, I usuallly carry that when I am armed (yes I have a concealed carry permit). The other gun is a plain .357 magnum revolver. I like the power.

7. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Ahhhh, I get it. I personally despise that type of moron. I'm surprised that some people have enough mental horsepower to respirate.

Guns are a personal choice. I only take issue when someone tries to infringe on my ability to make that choice. Otherwise, I don't meddle in others business.

8. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I have a 2 3/4" barrel .357 Ruger SP-101. Talk about a pocket rocket! Boy, the first time my wife shot it she started grinning from ear-to-ear. It was hilarious.

[​IMG]

And, as you can see from my front door, I have plenty of room to target practice. You can't see the 10 acres that are behind the house.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  9. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    tbh i dont have anything against chavs as i use have a bestfriend who if you wish you could have called a chav. it just some of these types can be vicious and nasty for no reason. like i said last nite i got punched around the side of the neck and the back of the neck just because they wanted a cigarette in which i didnt have one (but i do smoke). it annoys me because what gives them the right to attack someone for something that ignorantly petty and stupid.

sorry to go off topic again. :( it just ruined my new year though.

10. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    @ satch,tht is some beatiful land u have there

11. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    is it satch or snatch,lol lol

12. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    My favorite gun in CoD2! Is it as fun to use as it looks? I love bolt action.

I neither own nor have ever fired a real firearm. I dont think im missing out on much.
    Lol @ the wigger talk. They should really act their race.

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Muchos gracias. It darn well better be for how much it cost. Here's a nice view from down at the road up at the house.

[​IMG]

14. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Close enough. Remember, you are what you eat. :)

15. TheLom

TheLom Active Member

GPU:
    1x eVGA 8800GTX @700 & 2200
    The movie snatch was awsome i love the Vinnie Jones's line "the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns, and the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... **** off." that movie was one of my motivation into buying my Desert Eagle .50 Action Express :)

16. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    wow dude everything is so nice and green,not tht i havent seen grass and trees jus tht i never seen so much green.we have alot of woods on longisland but your land is just bneautiful
    and damn aint there anyone else around there lol all i see is trees
    here in indiana is jus a binch of cornfields lmao i crack up everytime i drive down the street

17. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Once again, thank you. We made an offer on it the day that we had our walkthrough. It's ~14 acres of beautiful rolling Pennsylvania hill country. This an extremely common sight from our back deck.

[​IMG]

18. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
  19. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    lets see... i own just one gun... and i call it LADYKILLA xD some times its DirtyAll xD and it shoots with White liquid :p

20. RachaelH

RachaelH Master Guru

GPU:
    .. B
    Guns should not be owned full stop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.