What kinda guns do u own?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Used_condom, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    I went to the gun shop the other day and fell in love with a .45 hand gun.. Forgot the actual name, but the gun felt so right and it was perfect. I'm so tempted to buy it....hopefully it doesn't tempt me to bust a cap on someone.. :(

edited: just playing around.... i would never do that.. my record is so clean.... life is straight.. now why would i wanna do that?

i just want one for home protection.... never know when u need.. it's good to have it when u need it..

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  2. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "bust a cap"... I feel like quoting 'Snatch' ... Hell, why not?

If it does, do us all a favour and get some therapy;) I've held a few weapons in my life, and I'm no people person - it still didn't make me want to "bust a cap on someone".

3. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    personally i own just an air rifle (since im just under 18) however im a de facto owner of a franchi 12 guage shotgun and hopefully with the new gun regulation in my country (and as soon as i turn 18) im gonna get myself M1A1 rifle and a springfield 1911.

if budget permits however my dad owning a gun shop helps alot.

4. Brian the King

Brian the King Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Ha, one of my favorite movies :look:

5. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    No comment ...the walls have ears..

6. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    hmm i would like two 1911 colts with silver compensators in a display thingy

but im in england im not 18 and it prolly wouldnt go down with familly that well

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I own 2x 12 gauge shotguns. One which is a double barrel.

Fired alot of different guns and rifles in the army, and I have to admit it was sort of fun. Especially the .50 cal Browning.

8. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    have u guys ever fired a Magnum? Damn!!! that mofo is f'ing strong.. the recoil is..oh man!!. Love to get one of that too, but wouldn't be able to handle it.....:(

9. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    I have a Daisy Pump Action Pellet Gun, max 700fps, i can snipe a blow up christmas decoration from 300 feet away :) and an a3 epower automatic paintball marker, pure neighborhood terrorist here lol. Watch out, dont put anything to big and bright on your front lawn, its mine :p

10. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Glock 17 and a .303 with a short barrel. More my fathers than mine, but since i have grown up....well you know....past to me sorta thing. very nice.

11. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    I personally own a .22 rifle (bolt action with a 5 clip...was handed down to me from my dad I don't remember what brand it is right now...) and a Walther PPK 9mm that I keep loaded with hollow points for "protection". I use quotes because I probably will never, ever use it. However, since I'm only 18 and you have to be 21 in texas to own a handgun, lets not talk about that.

I've fired quite a few different types of rifles and automatic weapons, including some .306s, a MP5, a .50 cal M249 SAW, and of course shotguns.

Personally I was impressed by the MP5 the most, but I only got to squeeze off a couple rounds with it. Too bad.

12. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Mossberg 12 gauge, Steyr-Mannlicher .40 cal semi-auto, Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum, .270 Remington bolt-action. I have many more on my list of must-buys, however, I'm trying to balance that with my desire to spend money on computer equipment.

13. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    I don't own any guns, since it's illegal to have guns here in Holland :)
    But hey, I've shot with alot of guns including: Full Automatic Glock, Desert Eagle, Beretta, Colt .45 and many more :)

14. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i had a mossberg 12 gauge with a riot pump grip and a riot stock all modded
    held 12 shells,was pretty badass,was holding it for someone so the cops wouldnt find it,i brought tht thing everywhere i went friends didnt like me havin it tht much as they often found it pointed at there head ir in there mouth

15. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC

Ouch Vinnie. Just how do you folks propose to defend yourselves if some scumbag breaks in or social order dissolves for some strange reason? (Which does happen in human history, for any number of reasons, such as riots or natural disasters.) Just came across this:

By Jon Dougherty
    © 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

Law enforcement and anti-crime activists regularly claim that the United States tops the charts in most crime-rate categories, but a new international study says that America's former master -- Great Britain -- has much higher levels of crime.

The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations.

Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized.

The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.

Jack Straw, the British home secretary, admitted that "levels of victimization are higher than in most comparable countries for most categories of crime."

Highlights of the study indicated that:

The percentage of the population that suffered "contact crime" in England and Wales was 3.6 percent, compared with 1.9 percent in the United States and 0.4 percent in Japan.

Burglary rates in England and Wales were also among the highest recorded. Australia (3.9 percent) and Denmark (3.1 per cent) had higher rates of burglary with entry than England and Wales (2.8 percent). In the U.S., the rate was 2.6 percent, according to 1995 figures;

"After Australia and England and Wales, the highest prevalence of crime was in Holland (25 percent), Sweden (25 percent) and Canada (24 percent). The United States, despite its high murder rate, was among the middle ranking countries with a 21 percent victimization rate," the London Telegraph said.

England and Wales also led in automobile thefts. More than 2.5 percent of the population had been victimized by car theft, followed by 2.1 percent in Australia and 1.9 percent in France. Again, the U.S. was not listed among the "top 10" nations.

The study found that Australia led in burglary rates, with nearly 4 percent of the population having been victimized by a burglary. Denmark was second with 3.1 percent; the U.S. was listed eighth at about 1.8 percent.
    Interestingly, the study found that one of the lowest victimization rates -- just 15 percent overall -- occurred in Northern Ireland, home of the Irish Republican Army and scene of years of terrorist violence.

Analysts in the U.S. were quick to point out that all of the other industrialized nations included in the survey had stringent gun-control laws, but were overall much more violent than the U.S.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006

16. TheLom

TheLom Active Member

GPU:
    1x eVGA 8800GTX @700 & 2200
    I have quite a few weapons M4A1 Carbine, Ak-47, L96 (AWM) .338 Lapua Magnum, Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50 AE (Not a practical weapon: way to overpowered for self defense I have this for bragging rights only), P99QA(Quick Action) 9mm, and my trusty FN 5-7 w/suppressor.

17. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    whats with gamers and guns?

Have any of you actually seen a gunshot wound up close? Inflicted one?
    I see john here has been in the army, and having spent too many years there i have to say, I HATE GUNS. Just smelly grease ridden tools with a novelty feeling that wears off after boot camp.
    Using them , and i mean USING them, is horrible. And seeing them used is worse.

But hey, im probably just scarred , so ignore my rant.

18. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Boot camp..military...weapons..been there, done that. The rights of free citizens to keep and bear arms deters crime and ensures the most basic tenet of freedom which is the right to own property. The Brits made this the basis of our modern form of government and I willl personally "dispose" of anyone that infringes upon my right to do so.

19. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    we use to keep guns on us all the time when we were in the streets chillin in ny.people always tryin to steal our goods or take our corner

20. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    Im with you on that satch, Guns are usefull. But fun? I dont think they should ever be thought of in real life as fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.