What iterations per sec u get?

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Nagasaki, Feb 27, 2009.

1. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    So how do you check the iterations per second without opening the viewer? :<

2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    just open the viewer for a few seconds ... the iter/s number that occurs before the viewer opens doesn't get refreshed until 3s after the viewer is opened.

deltatux

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's why I jumped 500+ places in 4 days before my 4850 crapped out...lol. Can't seem to get F@H running on my GTS250 though...keeps crashing out, even after reinstalling.

4. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Are you using the same version of F@H as with your 4850?
    Try downloading the one with the Nvidia viewer maybe that will work for you!!

(Out of a possible 1448 user only 118 are currently active).

Last edited: May 31, 2009

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I downloaded the version with the nVidia viewer...and it still crashes.

6. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Post your log file, there maybe a clue in there.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'll post the log from Vista soon as I get a chance. I'm working on installing F@H with nVidia viewer in Win7.

Edit: I've got F@H running in W7 again. Waiting for Fahmon to come up with a PPD estimate.

Edit 2: from 2500PPD with HD4850 to 5400PPD with GTS250...better than double the PPD.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  8. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    20% in I'm getting about 4k iterations per sec using my GTX 295, WOW in the first 3 secs of display it shows 690k iterations per second...is there anyway that could be correct? I know some guys were saying to take the reading before DX kicks in and shows you the protein.

One thing though is when I go to look at our team statistics pages, I'm not even on there? Do you have to complete a cycle before you are listed or something? Or does it just take so long before the list is updated?

I checked user statistics and it said I'm in "Team Stepping Stones" ID:50405 , even though I have it set to 69411 for Guru3D?? What is going on here?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  9. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    first few seconds never acurate.
    kindy obvious tough.

10. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Well thanks for answering the obvious question and not the one I was mainly asking about. The only reason I mentioned how high it goes is because on the first page of this thread guys were saying to take your reading in the first 3 seconds:

Today is the first day I've used the program...

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you haven't gotten the team issue fixed, just go back into config and make sure it's right again. I had a similar issue the first time I ran F@H....I had to entire the team number a couple times before it finally got the point.

12. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I've checked it and re-entered it over and over and I can't get it to stop showing stepping stone when I check my user stats. However when I check team stats is shows Guru3D, but I'm not listed??? Also when using the display command it shows the correct Team number, so why does it keep showing "Stepping Stone' when check user stats?

What in the hell is going on? This seems way too simple for anyone to screw up...is there something else to enter besides the team number? There is no passkey or anything right?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  13. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    you need a passkey, its like your unique ID for folding!

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I got a passkey and it's still showing me in this random group when I check users stats...I don't even know where this group came from and I'm using 69411 for the group number which shows up in Folding Display and on "My Folding Page"....

Any other ideas?

15. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    well i started folding few days ago, it took 24 hours before i even showed up on the team list, by then i had complete 4 WU

16. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Did it show you on some other random team though? I'm not trying to fold for a team I'm not even trying to be in..

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

17. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    i honestly cant remember, but what i suggest you do is start again from scratch, and set everything up again, best way to be sure

18. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    LedHed,
    I would surgest a complete new install. but you must also remember to delete the folder created by F@H under your windows user account.
    For XP = C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Folding@Home-gpu

For Vista = C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Folding@Home-gpu

If you do not delete this folder your old config files will still be there confusing the issue with the new install.

Also I would surgest using FahMon (http://fahmon.net/download.html)
    as a way of gauging your work rate (PPD) instead of using the viewer to find Iters per sec.

You may not see your self on the Folding@Home stats page as it only shows 1000 users. try Extreme overclockings folding stats you will get far more information there. (http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/).

Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  19. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Thanks for all the information and I just noticed that my user page finally was updated and shows that Guru3D at the bottom. I'm still not sure what stepping stones team is, but I haven't contributed to it since the very first time I tried Folding (7/4/06). Now it shows Guru3D also: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=LedHed

Now I just need to figure out how to get my GTX 295 to use both cores, I've been doing some reading but got lost in the directions...figures. :infinity:

20. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    It can be confusing seting multi gpu folding to begin with, just take your time reading the guides and you should be ok.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide#ntoc4

This piece of info may help you when editing the shortcut properties.

Are you using the proper command line arguments for both your first GPU client as well as this second one? Here are mine... these are the "target" fields in the properties of the shortcuts I use to launch each client.

GPU0:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home.exe" -gpu 0 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

GPU1:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home.exe" -gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

(thnx J_J_B for info). The forcegpu nvidia_g80 should negate the need for you to connect more than one monitor (or monitor dummy)to your graphics card.

If the forcegpu nvidia_g80 does not work then try link bellow on how to make monitor/VGA dummies.

http://soerennielsen.dk/mod/VGAdummy/index_en.php

If you get your GTX295 working on both GPU's then you will soon work your way up the team rankings. (approx 16000PPD).

Welcome to the Fold by the way.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009