What is the oldest game that you still own?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Zenoth, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i have a bin bag full of original spectrum games in my loft dating from 1982-1987/88

2. Mudpuppy193

Mudpuppy193 Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 4850
    I'm not sure which one is the oldest but I have Flight Simulator 4, Stunts, and the original Sim City all for PC. Oh yeah, I also have a copy of the original Leisure Suit Larry :)

3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Zelda link to past nes

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    You mean SNES. :p

5. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Oldest game I have on my HD is Wolfenstein, I lost the Discs long, long ago.

But the oldest game I have on physical media are Operation Flashpoint and Edge Of Chaos II, both from 2001. I've lost quite a few games, after moving so often and have resorted to downloading the really, really old games I used to have. Wolfenstein won't run, even with an emulater, and neither will Privateer II, makes me really sad.

Oh yeah, I also have Diablo II somewhere, I think.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    TOMB RAIDER 1 and Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries

7. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    Nfs-2
    Doom-2
    Super Mario

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Midwinter and Lucasfilm:Battlehawks 1942 for Amiga. Ahh, the memories.

9. prof72

prof72 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Pretty sure I have tetris for the gameboy lying around in a cupboard somewhere upstairs still :)

10. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Oldest game I still own : Kings Quest 3 by Sierra games, released 1986. I was about 5 i think and that game rocked my world. Introduced me to PC gaming on my old XT IBM and i have never looked back. You actually had to type in the spells word for word from the "spell book" in the game manual that came with the game box :) Awesomeness.

I can actually still remember frustrating parts of the game that are seared into my skull for eternity... "Get on knees and reach into hole to pull rope" :) haha. Typing for the win. This point and click generation dont know how easy they have it!

Oldest game i still play ( and recently finished for the millionth time ) is : Fallout 1, Blackisle studios, released in 1997.

Edit : who can forget about Duke Nukem 3D :3eyes::)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009

11. AuspiciousAugur

AuspiciousAugur Member Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    I still have a few Atari floppies for my 520st but they are 1000km and a mountain range away. And you know, I can't recall a single name.
    For some reason, I do recall more PC games I got back in the early '90s -
    the oftentimes amusingly buggy F29 Retaliator
    Wolfenstein 3D , I was aaaaamazed when I saw it, only have the shareware version
    X-Wing - my first PC game, which I bought with my own money too, a proud moment in my life
    Sim Life - I still recall encountering something in the game and trying to translate it with a dictionary (English was a bit weak back then I guess)

12. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    my oldest game would be either a game most have never heard about; Star Warped(a game spoofing on Star Wars) or it could be a PSOne game called Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout(i have the original not remake)