What is the minimun for running two 1440p high refresh monitors ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by cucaulay malkin, Sep 27, 2020.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 (1) 1070 (2)
    I recently sold my 2070S,3080 on the way.It may be a long wait though,so I'd like a card that can run two high refresh rate 1440p monitors (144+165hz) off DPs

2. Sara6Girls

Sara6Girls New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI FTW3 HB
    As for the processor, you need a number of cores, not less than six cores and 12 fractions, as the minimum requirements in order not to get a bottleneck when the frames rise, as the role of the processor increases in processing.

As for the video card, that depends on the money you have + the graphics settings that you will be playing with.

It is best to wait until we see the competition between AMD and Nvidia this month.

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    why would he need 6 cores 12 threads for mere use of two monitors? it totally depends on the use scenario.

pimpernell likes this.
  4. Sara6Girls

Sara6Girls New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI FTW3 HB
    I experimented with owners of four-core processors and 8 threads, and I found that they reach a usage of 90-100% quickly, so most of the users I help with the upgrade or new purchase relied on 6-12 as the least use. Either the method of use, when the usage rises to 100%, you cannot extract the full power of the card

I support the hex-core processor with 12 HT as a minimum in order to ensure the future and that the processor does not reach the edge of the bottleneck. Therefore, the new Intel 10400 and AMD processors with 2600-3600 processors have excellent prices.