What is the H1N1 situation like in other countries?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Merton, Nov 16, 2009.

1. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Its just a new virus introduced by some punks to create trouble. The situation is worst in India.

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    It's all pharmaceutical corporations bull****, this is what it really is!

3. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    The virus is real and despite the obvious interest and pressure from pharmaceutical companies, the threat is very real, like the numbers of young healthy people recurring the emergencies prove.

It´s not the end of the world but is more then a seasonal flu, and people in the risk groups and in general should pay more attention to it, without the drama and without the conspiracy theories.

4. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    control through fear.

Flu always kills but you don't normally get a death tally, most deaths are people with underlying health issues, end.

Remember bird flu btw? most have forgotten that we were all going to die from that in the media frenzy not so long ago.

And then there was the black death which surfaced in India in the late 90's, we were all doomed then too, it was apparently irrelevant that it was treatable with anti-biotic...

Media are the firestarters and governments come along with knee jerk reactions to win votes, you are being used.

5. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    At least one million deaths occur every year due to malaria.

do we pay attention to that?

ask yourself why not.

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    No we don´t. Neither we pay attention to tuberculosis, famine, sub-nutrition, and a bunch of diseases that kill by the thousands.
    We don't because it doesnt happen in our doorstep, to our friends or to anyone we know, and were it happens there is no money to gain from treat it.

I´m aware of the hypocrisy of it and aware of the pharmaceutical agenda and their true motivations, but all that doesn't make the flu , swine or not, go away.

Is the pandemic alert out of proportion? Maybe, we will see and the end of Winter, but until then people should not undermine the potential of this disease.
    Just have common sense, that will be enough.

7. hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan Maha Guru

GPU:
    8800GT @ 787/1944/2244
    Sure we do, but there isn't a cheap, easily manufactured and widely available vaccine for malaria. Hopefully there will be one in the not too distant future. It's a little trickier than an influenza vaccine, to put it mildly, so prevention (nets and IRS) and treatment are the only options for now.

If you want to help out with research, go to malariacontrol.net, download BOINC software, and let it run on your PCs.

8. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    We've had a few cases of h1n1 reported around here and a middle aged guy died from it recently. The flu season doesn't get really bad here until late December.

I got the regular flu last year and it was the worst I've ever had. I lost 15 pounds and missed almost two weeks of work. I thought it was going to kill me and I'm in relatively good shape.

9. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Actually it ins't.
    H1N1 has hit a few times before.
    One of the major reasons older people aren't getting is is that they got it when they were younger.

10. shaggeyman39

shaggeyman39 Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 4850 705Clock 1150Mem
    Interesting read. Corporate news and radio is keeping this hush. Iv been reading up on the Ukraine situation. They have canceled all public gatherings and election due to a new strain of flu that mutated or was released. This is the net and don't believe everything but I think this is worth reading to spread the word. Is anyone from this country?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/deadly-flu-spreads-across-ukraine?
    From the article
    "Regardless, there has been almost zero (NOTHING. NADA. SILENCE.) mention of the Ukraine epidemic in the mainstream media, a fact which I find both astonishing and profoundly disturbing. There is apparently collusion at the highest levels of government and media to suppress this information. There are now 1.3 million infected in Ukraine, and over 75,000 hospitalized -- IN FOURTEEN DAYS. This is very serious! Based on previous clinical data we can expect over 8,000 to be dead or soon to be dead. Forward projection of the epidemic is difficult because the clinical attack rate is unknown -- but myself and my associates remain concerned it may be quite high. Deaths globally may be in the millions. Let's hope this is not the case."

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009

11. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    H1N-what?

I think that should give you a good idea of the situation in New Zealand.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Haha... I was going to say pretty much the same thing...

13. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Situation update in Poland : Its allover the news now , actually flu is only news you hear in the news, wasn't the case week ago....

14. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    It's just working it's way around the world. You'll be the last lot to get it; just as it mutates and starts eating flesh :p

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Nah, it won't be able to find us. Nobody can ever find NZ on a map......lol

16. nm+

GPU:
    old
    It's like next to India or some **** right?

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I can't tell whether you're serious or taking the piss........

**** that reminds me....on your Legacy have you ever had the Brake and Battery light come on at the same time?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  18. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    I caught it from a friends child a few months back, it was no worse than any flu I have had before... sure it affects some people more than others, but in the words of Chuck D "Don't believe the hype!".

Maddox even has a page on it lol :D

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=swine_flu

EDIT:

I always thought it was lots of miles off the East coast of Aus?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah, it takes just over 2hrs to fly from Auckland to Brisbane.

20. nm+

GPU:
    old
    Reminder: I've been to New Zealand.

No.
    But I do have low compression :(
    If you're still under warranty, do a leak down. ****ing ring lands.