What is the best wat to cut a side windows on a PC Case. ?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by d1fferent, Sep 5, 2009.

1. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Above explains it all really...

Like what tools are needed.

2. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Clamp down the panel (i didnt and the panel fly around all over the place)

cover in masking tape, mark out window drill a hole insert Jigsaw and cut it slowly. get some doubled sided pvc tape to hold window in or use bolts and try and get some U channel stuff to hide and block cut edges.

3. ross

ross Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond R9 290X 4GB
    http://www.dangerden.com/Videos/120mm-fan-hole-cut.html

^_^ The above link takes you to danger den - it is a guide on cutting a 120MM Fan hole. I followed this same guide for 2 of my cases. I had to buy a 114mm hole saw (114mm is the diameter of the fan blades on a 120mm Fan). I am unsure of what diameter the fan blades actually are on a 80mm fan, but you will probably need a 70'ish MM hole saw.

If you want it to look legit - follow the danger den guide.

4. Travkin

Travkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Sli

5. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
    look up tjharlow on youtube.com. this guy knows his ****. one of his vids does a pretty good explanation on how to do a window mod. it isnt that hard to do, just make sure you take you time and do it right the first time.

6. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Never rush anything if you want it to look good, it takes as long as it takes to do it right. Plus always try to think of the outcome/what ifs before you start, example "if I screw this up, whats my back up for a legit fix" and "can i properly execute this to finish it off where it looks stock" Always have a idea how to final fit/finish before you even start. Will the blade burn, chip, or mar the surounding area's, do I have the tools to properly sand, polish, or finish the area?
    Take your time and post up pics when your done.

7. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i use a hole saw attached to a coreless drill, then i use a de-burring tool to tidy it up afterwards. you must go slow though because you want to cut through the plastic not melt through it.

8. Romv19

Romv19 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 470GTX x2
    I used a dremel with a cut of wheel and it worked with no problems, I followed the step to do it with a jigsaw. Just take your time, this video can help
    Here

9. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jigsaw and patience;
    [​IMG]

Got the window and velcro tape at Home Depot on the cheap. The window molding cost a bit more from FrozenPC if I remember correctly.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Turned out nice, good job on that.