What happened to the database files?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Malonn, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    The title is all I want to know. According to your release notes you updated the databases but my database folder has one file in it. A W2k.rtb file (it also had a w9x.rtb file, but I deleted that 'cause I have XP).

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  3. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    No, not presets. The database entries. The ones that load up in the built in registry editor. There used to be separate entries for most drivers since the Detonator days. Per Unwinder:
    "Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 158.22, 158.27, 160.03, 160.04 and 162.15."
    I've searched the forums for these .rtb files, but found nothing. Besides, I doubt all those databases will fit in a 187K file.

4. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Man, I think you should uninstall and then reinstall RT. (and probably download it again first).
    The databases are right there in my RT folder!!!

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

That one file is database build script. The databases are generated using this script during the first RT launch. You've either peeked in the folder without starting RT after installing it or replaced original RivaTuner.cfg file (which contains database build reuirement flag set, indicating that RT has not been started yet after installation).

6. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Oops. Good to go now. Thanks.