What happened to NVIDIA?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Nvidia is working hard on Shield & drivers have been poor because of that. same with Ati with there drivers because of the PS4, Xbox One. once Shield comes out, you going to see stable drivers.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    What do you have to share circa 2013 when it comes to nvidia drivers. I had a 9700 pro back in the day. Do you see me in the amd section talking about it?

3. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    at the end of day we all have different tastes in cards so yeah :)

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Corporate greed isn't new, neither are personal decisions such as: You dont have to buy their products.

I highly doubt nvidia have just the one driver team working on all the companies products, so comments about Shield taking away from driver development is just plain silly.

First and for most, Developers are the ones you should be complaining to when it comes to game stability and compatibility. Nvidia and Amd can only do so much, especially when they're both only given the same outdated build of the a yet to be released title to design their drivers around and all that work ends up down the drain come release day because of incompatibilities with the newer game build, which is 9/10 a buggy mess all on its own anyhow.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    There is millions of different Hardware/Software configurations, it's not like it can work fine for everyone. It's impossible for NVIDIA and AMD to test all different configurations.

I also had my issues with NVIDIA in the past but in the end it sorted itself out.

The only other way is to ditch the PC and go Console, and even they have their issues once in a while.

The world of Hardware/Software ain't easy sometimes.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Remember when pc enthusiasts use to love having to figure things out for themselves, now they all seem to want the console experience.

7. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    32x.xx have been terrible on my GTX 770. Games run fine, but the driver will randomly crash while on desktop, for no apparent reason other than the computer has been on for more than 24 hours. Modded the 314.22 drivers to support the 770, and voila, 2 weeks continously on, no crash.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am very sorry TrollKing that I can only repeat good old truth:
    "But as for driver issues... All I ever had were PICNIC and were able to get it moving again by myself.
    Those minor issues these days people have are just little jokes, unless one is brave enough to buy 4 mainstream GPU's and hope for stutter free gameplay."

My last nV experience is Tegra/2/..., so I got taste of performance of upcoming Shield. And as usually nice 1st taste turned to dust under closer look.
    Shield will have only minor success due it being expensive and android only platform with inferior graphics quality.
    Only advantage is mobility with poor battery life or high input lag due to streaming from PC. And in that case extra expenses for internet connection to bulky device which won't fit any pocket.
    You can basically get same device by plugging gamepad to tablet and streaming from PC. It works great as long as you are home with good network bandwidth. But then one must be really <place insult here> to look at small screen instead of using his PC which is streaming that content.

Not one person here is forced to use newest and more or less buged driver. Everyone should use what suits him.
    Actually here on guru 3D we have so many choices, so many people doing good job with modifications.
    Everyone can get goods of his taste. There is pub subforum for exchange of non technical, no knowledge related sentences.

But there is not as big audience, isn't it?

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Honestly, it should never be question of "who you stood for" (people are equal), but "what kind of behavior you stood for".
    And even that is not question YOU should ask.
    Try to ask this: "Do you know what kind of BEHAVIOR you stood up TO?"

It's my bad nature, I get drawn to stand against people who go around bashing others. And it is certainly not 1st time I subtly ask you to be nicer to other people around world.

@someone more experienced: may you be so kind and tell me what was TK's search query about? I only guess it was list of "SOLLERHOLLER" threads or posts.

@TK: to the drivers, I already stated what matters. Your ears may have to check it and it's certainly very close to many others.
    Or I may summarize:
    And mine: "You are not forced to use newest drivers if they does not work for you, you still can use older which produced better results even if they give 4% lower fps."

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^SOLLER was a troll bro most of his post were either insane claims like his 6 year old system with a a 7790 does 120 fps in all games maxed and his CPU never went over 40C because he had a copper heatsink. The baited alot of members and threads he started where pure flame bait. He was a punk and bored passing time by annoying people online.

Now that this is striated out let's get back on topic.

12. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Jesus would the mods close this pointless thread.

Puh-leaseeeee.

13. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Ever since the 3xx.xx drivers came around I stopped reading what issues end-users have because I've had jack squat issues with most games like you (OP). The issue is most likely a multitude of issues not relating to NVidia but it's hilarious how people do lots of testing but then forget to test with stock settings.

The only game I had issues was with BF3 and IE10, reverting to IE9 resolved the issue until 32x.xx and then I could upgrade to IE10 without the screen going black.

Here's my monthly troll / reality curveball....

Battlefield 3 stuttering for you peeps? Probably your ADSL copper wire tightwad broadband 60ms ping connection. Try a connection with <8ms. W00t NVtrollololl fixed it! Your amazing NVidia, thanks!

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Here here. back on topic. On a side note that troll messaged me yesterday to leave him alone. But alass he was banned before I could respond

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The only real frustration I have with nvidia would have to be with the control panel.

You know how under the Manage 3d settings, you have the box with all the usual stuff: AA, Max per rendered frames, yeah you know the stuff..

If I change an option, the scroll bar resets back up to the top, so every change is make I have to scroll down to get back to the next one, if I scroll with the mouse, it just changes the option I last clicked on.

Is there any way we could please have this changed so all options are available without having to scroll down, it's not like we're short on space on that window.

16. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    what happened to nvidia? Nvidia Shield.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So with that line of thinking would say *KFC* fell from grace because they took over *chickens*?

*annotations and such

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Do not try and turn this into an AMD bash thread.

If this thread has run its course it will be closed.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oops:O, My apologies.
    Wasnt having a go at amd, I was merely saying that you cant blame a separate part of a company for the short comings of another part.

Edit:Ha...hay, hang on a minute.. OP's started this thread to have a go at Nvidia, lol.

it awl sow confoosing

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  20. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Those are completely different departments, Nvidia isn't a 10 employee little rat-shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.