What game started off PC gaming for you?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Steven Hone, Dec 9, 2007.

1. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Age of empires, Sega Rally, Daytona, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena.

Starting with Windows 95. Back in 1996 on a PII 233, 64mb ram, 4 mb Rage, 2GB HDD.

2. BoLeK

BoLeK Guest

I started with PSX, played FF7 for over 12000h ^_^, then moved to ps2, when i went to collage i had to sell ps2 :( and buy PC to help me in my education and i discovered...Mu :p Mu Online i play it now for over 4 years and I'm not going to stop soon ;). This summer i bought PS2 again and as Christmas gift I buy PS3 for my little bro (and me ;D ).

3. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    bmh (bundesliga manager hattrick), bmp (bundesliga manager professional), anstoƟ, doom, wolfenstein, lemmings, kick off (2), swos (sensible world of soccer), rott (rise of the triad), heretic, gta, stunt driver

also the old adventures like monkey island, indiana jones, maniac mansion, dott (day of the tentacle)

there wasnt really one game which hooked me into pc gaming.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  4. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Hmmm, Tetris I guess! I was absolutely addicted to ascii version of the game. (we did have a graphics card, but that didn't get much use until sopwith and loderunner :D)

5. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    It was a game called batty on the zx81 that got me hooked.

6. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Some have had the privilege of seeing this world born.

My first serious contact with the game was in an arcade machine called Star wars, being impressed with its graphics vector consisted prelude of what was to come with graphics 3D in 1982.

But literally respond, my first game in a personal computer was a game scroll horizontally and two colors of spacecraft and unknown name in a dragon computer in a basic programing course.

After which on my hands my first personal computer Amstrad 464 CPC which i made a collection around of 300 games, is part of my collection keep on that perfect run as others spectrums and consoles.

From that time until today I have seen everything and want to see more :D

7. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Tribes 2 and Age Of Empires.

8. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Lemmings =D

But then didnt start playing seriously till i got a my first gpu being a ATI 9250 128mb (yeah i started late) playing Half-Life, CS and TF and Ofcourse Diablo, Diablo 2 and the expansion.

9. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    First Commandos game in 1998 for PC Loved it and still have it
    Before that i only played console games but the first PC game I did play was some game in the late early 90s on someone elses computer

10. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Oh man, I loved(!) digger. Must have spent hours on end with that game. Never masterd it, though!
    Wow, that must have been almost 20 years ago.

11. FritzC6

FritzC6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512mb alpha dog
    i have never owned anything else than a pc , no consoles or handhelds

got it from a friend , pentium 120mhz ,came with doom2 on it
    first game bought was battle arena toshinden , a beat'm up

i played many classics on that system, such as leisure larry l7 , half life 1 and fallout 1

those where the days :)

12. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Doom/Wolfenstine 3D/Commander Keen on my friends computer.

When I got my first computer (P 100, 8megs ram, voodoo something), I got Duke Nukem 3D :D. Moved on to with my next computer (PIII 400mhz, 128mb ram, voodoo 3), got Unreal/Half-Life and was amazed. Been an avid pc gamer since then.

13. Jarrstin

Jarrstin Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 4870 CF
    X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. I used to love that game.

14. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    Jedi Knights 2, Mysteries of the Sith, Redline Racer, Mechassualt, Incoming

Those are the games that came with my first PC, when I was 9

15. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga
    PONG ftw

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007

16. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    Donkey Kong and Snake on my parents Atari were the first games I played on a pc.

Man I am getting old:eek:

17. mark501

mark501 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X 2GB
    Back in the early and mid 90s on a 486 dx66 and later Pentium 75Mhz playing Civ, Colonization, Alone in the dark, Monkey island, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, Myst, Warcraft 2, Doom :)

18. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    For me it was Worms Armageddon, i joined a Rope Race first time and didn't have a clue what it was, then i saw these guys roping around and it was amazing.

Online Worms was SO different to playing it on the Dream Cast with my friends, after i played it online i could own them all so easily, things you might discover one a time offline were shown to you online cause so many people played it.

After that, when i got a PC that could play it, i downloaded Enemy Territory and then i bought Battlefield 2.

19. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 OC (Core 216)
    First ever game i played on PC was Duke Nukem 3D when i got my first ever pc back in 1998,but the first ever game i ever played was Zool for the Amiga 600 back in 1991.

Such good times.

20. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    First started off on an Amstrad CPC 464 when i was about 6 or 7, think the first proper game i payed was Dizzy, followed by most of the others in the series then Cybernoid and Exolon, could play them for hours.

Then came the Amiga 500, played stuff like Jaguar XJ220, Blade Warrior, Arnie, Rainbow Islands and Zool. Blade Warrior for me is still one of the most atmospheric and immersive games there is.

When we finally got a family pc, about the first thing i played was the Unreal Tournament demo, which i was hooked on. It was such a massive leap graphics wise and a different gameplay style to anything on Amiga or Amstrad. I'd say thats the game that got me rooted into PC gaming.