What do You think is the Best Pc game EVER?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nz3777, Nov 17, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I was expecting Final Fantasy VII to be mentioned at least once... Maybe twice :D

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    While FF7 was released on the PC, it was a poor port and primarily a console title.

If this wasn't a PC centric thread my list would have looked a tad different. :p

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    BF2
    Max Payne 1
    Mafia 1
    Age of Empires

4. Vlooi

Vlooi Member

GPU:
    GTX 980ti
    Morrowind

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. KOTOR2 would have been so awesome (it's still really good though and the restored content mod helps) but thanks to the publisher it was rushed. In my opinion no games has managed to best KOTOR yet. Lots of content, great story and the best Star Wars game ever made.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  6. Fatupazrat

Fatupazrat Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7750 1 GB
    I have have to say just one title
    i'll say: Jagged Alliance 2

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Max Payne trilogy
    Kotor
    Unreal Tournament 99
    Company of Heroes
    Call of Duty, the original
    Thw Witcher 3

8. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLi
    Deus Ex. No other way about. Falling very closely behind is Half Life 2.

9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    These games were fantastic when current (1984 - 1989) and are some of the oldest games ever made for home computers. I wonder how many here have heard of them or played them for that matter? Gaming was a completely different experience back then. And by no means boring.

Populous
    Powermonger
    Silent Service
    Elite
    The Sentinel
    Virus
    StarGlider
    Gunship
    Midwinter
    Carrier Command
    Empire
    Dungeon Master
    Star Control
    F-16 Combat Pilot

Note: Most of these games were played on a computer with only 64K of RAM! The rest needed only 512K.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sticks out for me as the one that gave me the most enjoyable and during experience as far as SP shooters goes.

But every game lacks something, stalker nailed alot of things though, especially the fact that there was "enough" freedom combined with awesome atmosphere. That and the modding.

11. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    Forgive me if I am self centered 1st love : DYNA (an old bomberman type puzzle platformer) the only game i played with my Dad till date. 2nd love : Starcraft franchise, Age of Mythology ( Played Both SP campaigns about 50 times, still play them from time to time :) Current life breaker : DOTA 2 period. Its life breaking , and I can't get out yet) Worthy Mentions : NFS Porsche Unleashed (still run it ocassionally for adding more mods), Warcraft, Counter Strike 1.6 ;-)

12. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Wow!!!:bigsmile:I have never heard of that game but just looking at the collection you got there is enough to show you are the Real-Deal!!! Respect from me as well.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Thanks. :)
    I will forever be looking for pieces I don't own. Jace Hall told me he owns a white retail box for Blood. Which... I then begged him for. And he said no. While laughing. So cruel.

14. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The original F.E.A.R. was one of the first "modern" PC games that made me say "whoa.. Now this is different"

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    How could anyone forget Soldier Of Fortune? Great game followed by Double Helix.

Campaign was excellent taking many hours to complete. Also it never got boring since you travel from place to place. From Europe to Asia then to Arabian countries.

And how can you forget the first subway stage when you shoot enemies in the nuts? They then jump whilst holding their nuts in pain! Funny good old times...

16. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Ultima Underworld II deserves a mention...excellent work from Looking Glass studio (so the team which members made System Shock, Thief etc. later on and even part of Dishonored)

Right now Paul Neurath is making a new crowdfunded Underworld title: Underworld Ascendant with Otherside Entertainment using Unity.

17. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    If i Really have to name one...I think Lost odyssey,that game is an underrated gem.

18. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 670 2GB
    For me it has to be HL2

...also MS Flight Simulator, of which I had a few versions, starting back in the late 90's. I'm now using Prepar3Dv3 which is still based on the FSX/ESP MS code, but brought up to date, using DX11 and modern rendering tecniques.

19. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Omg!!! I forgot about that Subway scene hahaha! A shotgun to the Nuts -Starting to get flashbacks now. What a time it was.I wanna say at the time I had a New Sony viao or something similar,wait did Sony ever build a desktop pc lol? Hell even back then I paid alot like $800 for that thing.I knew NOTHING about the internals of computers aka Hardware.

I also recall double-helix as well.Thanks for the memory bro!

20. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    Test Drive Unlimited 1. I played it for at least 5 years hosting cruises and making long term friendships with so many people across Mother Earth. If you're not aware there is now a modded server since Atari switched theirs off which is still online. I have a friend who is back online and desperate to re-live the old days. No other game can getter a better recommendation than that.

The pinnacle point was when I upgraded from a 19" CRT monitor to a 42" full HD TV and went from VGA to HDMI. That did it for me. And the modding communities new car shells, engine sounds and environmental mods put the cherry on top. With the wind in my hair in a convertible courtesy of a desk fan. :)

Runner up goes to a modded Crysis1 on my aging pc which barely pushed 30fps but made several replays immensely enjoyable.