Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nz3777, Nov 17, 2015.
anyone remember wolfnstein return to castle???
how about igi?
To avoid repeating the "usual suspects":
TES IV Oblivion/FO3
For me it's still good ol' TIE Fighter, hands down. I also loved the first couple of Monkey Island Games. Those are all games I've been playing through at least once a year as long as I can think.
Star Wars Galaxies, while it had it's flaws, was pretty radical, too, for someone that likes to roleplay with others in a big Star Wars sandbox.
Multiplayer was I think personally back when TF2 came out. It was awesome, game started going downhill real fast when the game's objective went from gameplay to cosmetics and with the release of f2p.
Singleplayer is a tough question, contenders are probably the campaign of all Warcraft games or Morrowind. Rollercoaster tycoon 2 and Stalker Shadow of chernobyl are also good contenders.
for me.. it's going to be Half-Life 1.. simply because of how it redefined the FPS genre for many years to come, and all the lovely mods (TF2, CS etc)
and #2 is of course Battlefield 1942
that moment when you first standing on an aircraft carrier and it sinks.. and you're trying to swim to shore hoping no aircraft strafes or bombs you... man that was some EPIC **** back in it's day.
1. Blood was an amazing game for its time and while it doesn't hold up that well now, its still fun to go back and play. I only had the shareware version when it came out but I played that over and over. Blood multiplayer on TEN was a lot of fun too.
2. I'll substitute Bioshock for my number 2. System Shock 2 was great but I really enjoyed the Bioshock story much more.
Here is my list:
1) Call of Duty (2003)
2) Call of Duty: United Offensive (2004)
3) Call of Duty: Classic (2009)
4) Call of Duty: Finest Hour (2004)
5) Call of Duty 2 (2005)
6) Call of Duty 2 (Mobile) (2006)
7) Call of Duty 2 (Windows Mobile) (2007)
8) Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (2005)
9) Call of Duty 3 (2006)
10) Call of Duty: Roads to Victory (2007)
11) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
12) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS) (2007)
13) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Mobile) (2007)
14) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition (2009)
15) Call of Duty: World at War (2008)
16) Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts (2008)
17) Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS) (2008)
18) Call of Duty: World at War (Mobile) (2008)
19) Call of Duty: Zombies (2009)
20) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
21) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Force Recon (2009)
22) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized (2009)
23) Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
24) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Nintendo DS) (2010)
25) Call of Duty: Black Ops Mobile (2010)
26) Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies (2011)
27) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
28) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance (2011)
29) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)
30) Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified (2012)
31) Call of Duty: Strike Team (2013)
32) Call of Duty Online (2013)
33) Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)
34) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014)
35) Call of Duty: Heroes (2014)
36) Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015)
I think HL1 is the overall winner but TES IV/FO3 was a big change in gameplay for open world RPGs.
After F.E.A.R i was tired of FPS games and i stick to RPGs.
half life 1 for me
Too many to count .. Unreal Tournament, Starcraft, and Quake would be a good place to start for me lol. I think Skyrim also deserves mention for its sheer modability.
max payne for me aswell is a major candidate. that game was icing on the cake for a dark adventure game filled with narative and a superb story. gameplay is fantastic.great memories
World of Warcraft, no other game had such an impact and most likely never will.
Blood stands as possibly my favorite game of all time. And it started my love of Monolith.
I've spent a looong time gathering various Blood related stuff...
... and I'm still missing the blood mouse pad, and development shirt.
IMO Unreal Tournament 99 is the single best Arena shooter ever made. The movement, weapon balance, modding.. easy choice for me.
Outside of that..
best RPG: I give it to the Witcher 3. I have never played a more immersive, compelling and higher quality RPG as W3. Its better than W2 in all of the most important ways.. Even with the bugs, its an amazing game.
Tough to pick a favorite out of so many games.. there are amazing games in every era of gaming that I've experienced. But the two above to me stand out from the rest.
As mentioned, absolutely ground breaking at the time. It was nice to play a game that wasn't all about bunny hopping and rocket jumping, and had an attempt at actually being 'real'.
My back up choice would be Homeworld. Amazing control, graphics, story etc.
Tho, HL1 + Thief 1+2, and some more but i dont want to think about it. ^^
And some others who are posting WoW!? Srsly!? I think that is what mbk meant. I can accept most of the answers, but srsly no WoW as "best PC game Ever"! NEVER! :bang: