What do you do (did you do) when / if you get bullied?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by davaid, Jun 26, 2007.

?

What do you do (did you do) when you get / were bullied?

1. Obey the bullies to ease your life.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. Report the bullies to the person in charge of the facility.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Change your attitude and behave nicely defending yourself.

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Defend yourself with all means necessary.

32 vote(s)
    59.3%
  5. Other; please specify.

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    I used to be sort of bullied or rather one or two guys would try it when i was young, but i stood my ground and would always fight back, one time when i was fighting due to this the guy grabbed me and slammed my head off a coat hanger( your know the sort, school hangers, board with loads of metal sticking out for coats )

Overall im glad i stood up for myself though, you learn a lot from it later on in years and you wont take so much crap. I can have a laugh now with the guys i fought with many years ago
    I think if you dont fight back you'll always have to live with the consequences, having a fight every now and then, youll only have bruises lasting a day or two and the repercussions wont be so great.

Now what im talking about isint a thug bully that would pull a knife or anything, thats a totally different ball game.

2. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    you are right bullies like to feel the power and control over you just as the guy that would beat his wife does. It won't go away till you make it go away or till the bully doesn't get to feel the control over you anymore.
    I really can't believe Someone would say just put up with it. Thats just being a coward, plain and simple.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    I think a guy that would put up with it would have difficulty in a professional career later in life e.g. during a confrontation at a meeting etc.
    Then again, the guys who put up with it years ago, once they get a bit of power at work they go nuts lol

4. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    When I was in grade school I had to watch out for my mentally handicap brother who was always getting picked on.

Back then teachers were not as liberal minded as they are now so the picking on and bullying of my brother was largely ignored. Even the teachers called my brother stupid and retard.

The main problem is that he was 3 grades ahead of me so I was getting into it with kids 3-4 years older then me.

I have studied the martial arts since age 6 but that only goes so far.

Two events stopped cold my or my brother being picked on and both events would get me a lengthy jail sentence now.

1) I was in the 3rd grade and a kid named Dell was throwing rocks at my brother for no reason. When I told Dell to stop he turned and tried to punch me in the face. I was kicking and punching the sh*t out of him when he rushed me and knocked me down getting me into a kind of chest to chest 'head lock'. I couldn't breathe and I didn't feel like I could get away so I did the only thing I could at the time. Dell had forgotten to keep his chin down (not rule #1 but definitely in the top 5) so his throat was exposed. I then proceeded to bite his throat out. I tore so much of his throat out that his trachea and jugular vein were exposed. Dell almost died of blood loss before paramedics arrived. The police came and did an investigation. I told them Dell was choking/ smothering me and that I was afraid I was going to die. With witness statements that was the end of that. Dell came back to school 2 months later and had to look at me for the next 9 years all the time knowing I would kill him if he ever f*cked with me or my brother again. I had no more problems really all the way through the 8th grade.

2) I was in 9th grade and was returning to my locker from ROTC. There were 3 11th grader Americans of African Decent standing in front of my locker blocking my way. I asked the one who was directly in front of my locker to please move. This guy immediately flipped out and started talking all kinds of crazy, loud, jive bullsh*t. Anyone who has seen this knows exactly what I'm saying. Anyhow I told the guy I didn't want a problem and that I just wanted to access my locker. The guy bowed up, arms wide standing on his tippy toes (stupid) and said something to the effect of "what you going to do"? I hit him in the throat (hard) with the web of my hand and then kneed him in the groin as he is going down. I would have stomped his head flat but...

His 2 friends then jump me. I had my gym bag which contained my Steele towed boots. Anyone here been brained by a Steele towed boot? A boot makes an excellent melee weapon. I fractured one persons skull and was about to finish off the other ass wipe when Mr. Tomco and Mrs. McLaughlin (school security) jumped on me. Police show up discovers the fight was 3 on 1 and again no charges filed. There was some rumbling later on about a civil suit but 1 of the guy’s house burned to the ground in the middle of the night and that was that.

The only was to deal with a bully is thrash them loudly and publicly. If you do it right a couple of times you won't have anymore problems.

5. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    a hook to the jaw should do the trick. it's the only language they understand.

6. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    yes it did, and that is why no one ever bugged me again. Nothing like the football players steering clear of the band nerd in the hallway....:D

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I didn't get bullied.

8. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Everyone should learn how to defend himself/herself, there's nothing better then some raw force to show who's the real boss :D

9. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Even just a *little* resistance is enough to keep most bullies off your back. There is the occasional psychopath though that will not relent. Then, you pay me $50 to pay him a visit. ;)

10. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    I ruin their day with educated speech and rock solid facts. Or you can just point out that you make more money than they do.

11. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Honestly.... I have never been bullied. But then again, being 6'4" and over just over 200lbs in high school is enough for anyone to leave you alone. For those that did find bullying others... wasn't that hard to step in between them and ask them if they wanted more to chew then they could handle.

12. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    When people bully you, tell them psytek said to hit you harder.

13. Rampagingkorean

Rampagingkorean Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    be nice as possible niceness powers prevale.............lol........soooo does a lil bit of face to knee action if he wont leave u alone lol

14. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Grandma says to smile and the world smiles with you!!!11!!1

15. GSXRmrbusa

GSXRmrbusa Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 320 x 2 SLI@stock
    There is a facial expression and attitude that everybody has that will stop a bully in there tracks. Most people do not know they are even capable of the type of attitude I am talking about. It is not a crazy, run around being stupid attitude. Anybody who has ever been in a life and death situation knows exactly what I am talking about.

16. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

But if you fart, you stand alone........

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I threw a largeish rock at one of the guys heads that bullied me, suffice to say he stopped.

As for the other one I threw a full 250ml coke bottle at his face, we became sort of friends after that.

In high school I punched a guy in the stomach and winded him, that stopped that.

Uni, well, I just ignore them now.

18. vw111

vw111 Member

GPU:
    Winfast a6600gt
    Walk softly, and carry a big stick. Use it as if you were defending yourself from an army. It's not the fight, but the intense concentration from the defender that'll stop a bully. This is from someone who's been bullied most of his life.

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    One guy tried to bully me when i was in my teens, i grabbed him lifted him off the ground by the neck and said id put him through the wall if he was going to continue, never had a problem with him again :)

20. snowolves

snowolves Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATi Radeon 9550 128M
    This reminds me of an incident.A 15 years old student was always bullied and once his classmates called other people to kidnap him to a secret place and beat him nearly to death(aborted).He reported all these to his teacher but none was solved.Some day,he stabbed them,killing 2 and heavily wounded 4.

An author said:Burst in silence,or perish in it.These two extremeness always make tragedy and yes it came true this time.

However,I myself don't have any sympathy for bullies.Not in the least.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007