What do u call such games?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by stealthmaker, Jul 7, 2003.

1. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    what do u call these games that have like space ships in them that shoot stuff and get upgreads and so on.. u know those 2d games... im trying find a game that came with pc mag some years ago but i cant rememeber the name of the game and i dont know what the gener is called so i cant look it up online...
    which brings this to mind... any recommendations ?? :p

2. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    Freelancer man...it rocks

3. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    Maybe the game ur looking is StarWars:Rogue Squadron??
    Try this words to google search:Space Sim,Space Action,Space Strategy,Space Shooter

4. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    You can also try Hegemonia or Haegemonia.Its a space RTS with fantastic 3d graphics,shaders and sound

5. stealthmaker

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    no the game im looking for is a bit old.. not really that known... its not 3d.. its sth like RAPTOR was... but in the game im looking for u play sideways not upwards...

6. Elleomea

Elleomea Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9)
    There are literally hundreds of games matching that description, it was a very popular genre taking after Galaxians and such.

7. Nytro

Nytro Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Geforce 4 TI 4400
    They are called shooters.

Can you give us any more info about it? Maybe what year it was in pc mag, the devs that made it, publisher ect?

8. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    Those 2d Sideways-scrolling shoot-em-ups like R-Type, you mean? Some peeps call em 'SHMUPS' there are hundreds of em.

9. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    ahhhh....shmups.......*wipes tear from eye*.love 'em.so does shagga.one word for you stealthmaker.that word is 'mame'.get mame32 and your in shmup heaven.my collection is now running in the high 200's.don't ask for rom's here though-it's a bit of a 'grey' area regarding legality.you know where the 'pm' button is ;)

10. stealthmaker

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    all i can remembre is that in this game the ship could fly and go underwater as well.. i remember i really liked it.. thou i dont remember who was the developer of the game.. but it was about 1998 i think that i played it maybe 99