what did you guys think of the original Left 4 dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bsc14, Oct 8, 2009.

1. anotherzen

anotherzen Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC 1GB SLi
    its just plain mediocre imo, had some ok moments, im not gonna get the next one.

2. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    I love the Coop... i always miss that in games:( and when you find the right people to play it with, it will be fun for long hours, iam 140 hours ingame time now:O

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    True that. you need to play with friends. if your playing with strangers, people dont know what to do, and things get messy :biggun: :D

4. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    I have it love it. Admit its a little short but with friends it can last hours at a time. Never gets boring for me and my friends playing it. Put it on expert mode and play.

5. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i loved it when i first got it but valve didnt add much content, maps etc. just the modding community adding maps (2 of which where great). but i soon got board. i mean 4 offical maps are not going to hold anyone attention for long is it.

6. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    Fixed.

7. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    I got 74h

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i thought Left4Dead (a game that i still play often, especially Singleplayer) is an excellent title, my score is 9/10.

as for OFP:2 i gave it 8.0/10, far from turd but that's just my opinion.

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Good at first but quickly got boring quickly the first DLC was a joke the second was ok but too short, i doubt il touch the 2nd one not for £26 anyway LOL maybe if it was £6 because thats all it is worth

also the orginal devs are "Turtle rock studios" which speaks for itself

10. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I think the game is brilliant. Very easy to just pick up and play, it's almost like an old school arcade game.

A very good game for the casual gamer, somebody who doesn't know what a .cfg file is or spends 2 years tweaking Crysis.

11. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 660 ti Jetstream
    If you can get just a few buddies to play with you, it instantly becomes a plus 90% game in my eyes. I've got over 150 hours clocked since its release date last year so that's a damn good investment for 25 quid!

12. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    I dont know about you, but when i watch some l4d2 previews on youtoob, i hear them yelling the same things as in original l4d, but it sounds really really lame to me... play the game a bit more often, and you might identify with some characters...

Mostly when you play with friends, and they have a fav character, then everytime you see that character you know its your budd saving your ass...

13. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    don't you hate when one a-hole joins and incaps everyone for no reason

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Be honest people do that in alot of team games, quake wars you would have people join and basically shoot there own team and leave kinda pathetic really

but yea i do hate it

15. panZEr330

panZEr330 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280 @666/2333
    I like how it's a game you can master, individually and as a team and play competitively on a higher level than say, joining a random FFA arena in quake live. Provided you have a good group of 'friends' to play with, there's tons of replay value there. I still play every night I get a chance, at least a whole vs campaign with a reasonably close group and the experience is still good.

Alltalk is a plus too imo, if all 8 people are acquainted.

16. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    it was quite fun at first

funny when everyone crams in the toilet while zombies try come in

but the tanks are a pain in the ass on maxium diffculty pretty much guranteed to die if you have crap team, and everyone always hordes their cocktails and med packs.

17. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    I guess my problem was that I don't have many friends to play with =(

18. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I didn't like the graphics the textures suck.

19. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Kind of true - when i look at it now it is really showing its age - even on full graphics settings. But, on the converse, the game is really open to just about any current PC build. The engine runs smoothly and consistently with great scalability which was a good move as its obviously going to appeal to a much greater audience of pc owners.

For all that the game is lacking, ive been jumping on with a few mates who bought it at half price recently and have been having a little bit of fun again. Its already starting that downward spiral of boringness again but the game does definately have some appeal.

I wouldnt be so negative if I knew that they had held back all this content for L4D2 during the course of the year. Hence the rubbish DLC releases.

Also, I would probably not have even a slight problem with L4D2 coming out soon - if only that fcukin douche hadnt made all those promises of specific DLC shortly before the L4D1 release. In fact - if they hadnt made those kinds of promises then i would REALLY be looking forward to L4D2 - because its obviously a step up from L4D1 ( albiet currently a small step :) )