What device are you upgrading to in 2018 ?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sykozis, Jan 20, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

I just turn it off and use only if really needed, not to obsessed with likes, responses, posts anymore.. And its much better this way, saves battery as well lol

if at home use wifi, outside mobile 3g/h+ and it will last longer. 4g/lte eats more battery, for minimal difference, unless you need that 50-100mbit on a phone

As for phone, I'm also a bit undecided, I saw what a good chipset and and large battery does, 12hr OST with 2-3days idle.. But to get that in something fancy e.g. S9 no way.. Apparently this S9 would act kind of my current Galaxy Alpha.. 4 years innovation 2x larger battery and same endurance. Ok performance is 4x -5x more, but still.. :d

If you have the money then LG v30, oneplus 5T, pixel 2, huawei mate10pro, S9+ (S9 battery still a bit questionable), all notch-less, I hope they stop making this crap notch soon.

Lenovo Z5 did basically bezeless, camera popup or under lcd.. Still a prototype though
    [​IMG]
    https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_z5_sketch_100_percent_ratio-news-31002.php

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080FTWdt
    You could if you like. But the key is to restrict yourself to use the apps when YOU wan't. So turn off ALL notifications from fb, insta, snap etc etc and do not allow it to run in the background.
    When you have the time you open and check or just wait until you are home at your pc .

3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Finally upgraded from Oneplus 2 to Huawei P20 Pro,didn't planned to upgrade this month but brother won this P20 Pro and he didn't want this phone as he have S9+ and I just snapped this phone

My Oneplus hasn't been bad, my main issue with Oneplus has been overheating and slow down with multiple opened tabs, I usually or normally have opened around 20 tabs etc and then unresponsiveness which has been just too much..

What I can say, P20 Pro is fast without the question

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    I like my S4 so much but maybe it's time.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    Originally I had planned to stick with my Moto x4, however, after more than 4 months of the "invalid sim card" message every time it tries to switch networks, I'm starting to look at new phones....

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'm waiting for the 2019 thread so I can write that I hope to upgrade to Galaxy X (if it exists by then and doesn't cost €2000) :)