What companies do you buy from?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by nm+, Dec 24, 2005.

1. mikaelr

mikaelr New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 680 DirectCUII
    Dell most of the time, because they never failed to deliver that aftersales services I need.
    Not turning to ASUS anytime. My first and last laptop from ASUS took almost 6 months just to repair, by ASUS engineers of course.

2. scajjr2

scajjr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti FE 11Gb
    Just got an Eluktronics P670RS-G. This is a company that is using the Clevo base chassis (Sager, Xotic, are a couple others that do this as well). Quality build, no bloatware Win 10 install, an actual printed manual, Win 10 & driver discs, service manual available online.

Got mine with i7-6700HQ, 16Gb ddr4, 512Gb M.2 SSD (has an open bay for another drive), GTX1070 8Gb, 17.3' IPS Gsync. Runs all my games at highest settings. Fans under load not too bad, quieter than the Dell i7559-2512 GTX960m based one this replaced.

Sam

3. zipper

zipper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    HP/Compaq Mobile Workstation - just changed the original HDD to SSD to gain some speed on its (just) Sata1 - clearly better now.

4. Nlfyskiod

Nlfyskiod New Member

GPU:
    8G
    Do not like ASUS, acer better than the ASUS, but acer notebook with a lot of problems, really can not believe these technologie......Want to buy some durable laptop

5. zipper

zipper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    My HP 8710W still works after 9 years. Battery has been dead for 3-4 years yet.

6. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1070 mobile
    I got HP Omen 17 with 7700hq, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1070 8GB. This really rocks and is faster than my previous fullsize computer.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    Last laptop I bought was the Asus K501, an i7 6500U, 8gb DDR4(Not sure what speed off the top of my head), 250gb ssd and a 500gb 7200 rpm drive, and a 960M and performance is pretty decent on it but I've had to RMA it 2 times now. If I get another gaming laptop, it'll be probably a Dell Gaming series or if the budget ever allowed for it a Razer.