What are your biggest regrets?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saifz, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    ditto..As for my biggest regret is when I started doing meth when I was 14 and dropped out of High School when I was 17 and still struggling to get my ged.

2. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    /deleted

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Not everyone knows exactly what they're going to be at 14, so it doesn't make sense to say that. on a large scale, it would hurt the world if kids weren't obligated to go to school

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Regrets ... the only one I can think of is not at least going into residence for at least my first year in university. Missed out on that experience.

Right now it's too costly to do so, it's cheaper to live at home and just commute.

deltatux

5. Cambria

Cambria Banned

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Damn. Thats what I was going to say.

But I guess the "bright" side is that we may in fact get to see it end. Or at the very least we may get to see a new world order soon.

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Totally agree and I'm 58.Regrets are a waste of time.

7. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    got so many I wouldn't know where to begin the list..

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Not having enough time to spend in bed with women...

9. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Not gonna' mention any of my biggest regrets, but there was a small regret a few years ago;

I was in a local newsagents buying some munch, and there was a guy with his little boy at the counter, I got the impression the guy was a bit of an alcoholic as it was still morning and he was buying a 4 pack, using any last change he had, coppers etc. (Could have been wrong though).

Anyway, after the guy bought the beer, his son asked for a packet of crisp, he looked at the amount of change he had left and it wasn't enough. It was a bit of an awkward moment and I could see how much the kid wanted the crisp. At this time I was being served and had more than enough change for 2 packets of crisp.

You probably know where this is going..

So while attempting to avoid the awkward situation, I exited the shop, and immediately started to feel regret for not giving some of my change to the guy to buy his son the crisp.

Nevermind, next time.

10. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    You're probably right. But I guess in my case (and in many I'm sure) It would have been the right thing for me. I wasn't given the option though. It was a case of "go to high school, get good grades, get a 'good' job, the end". Wrong for me, but of you're right of course, having a decent education is good for...well everything.

14? 16 and then sixth form usually. Admittedly i didn't see where you're from.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    its not that i have much to regret per say, but there are a number of things i would have done differently but i don't necessarily regret otherwise. Tons of things i would have done if i only knew beforehand...like invest heavily in Apple and come up with Facebook first.

12. Saifz

Saifz Master Guru

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    that funny because i was born in the third world country called bangladesh and lived my entire life there and moved to canada back in 2006

and we go back every summer.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    your thought to help was comendable but not your problem,the fathers responsiblity to put his son before beer

14. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    My biggest regret was running with The Teddybear Terminators when I was a kid.

We were basically just a group of misfits that broke peoples ' windows and cut the heads off of teddybears after eating all the food in their fridge.

We also drank the blood of badgers, which stained my favorite cup and now it's pretty useless to drink coffee out of.

15. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670

16. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Agreed.

I felt sorry for the little lad cause I know what it's like to have a dad put beer before anything or anyone else.

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    having a kid, and not growing up quicker though my teenage years

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    back in 2001 my uncle had an argument with my mom, some heavy insults started flying, the coward hit my mom's face, i went berserk, grabbed his hand and broke it (heard the bone crack) then i harshly kicked him out the door.

my biggest regret is that i didn't hurt him enough.

to me every other regret pales in comparison, even though 11 years has passed i still feel the same anger today when i think about it, i'm willing to forgive just about anything except this..

1) Because i despise men who hit women.

2) My mom is a red line, she's sacred to me and i will never allow anyone to hurt her for as long as i live.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  19. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    I don't regret things often, but I definitely have one. When I was younger, I enrolled in the United States military. I had some goals and ideas for what I wanted to accomplish there, but they weren't turning out anywhere near the way I wanted them to. After a while I was so unhappy in my military setting, I did what I needed to get out early. I was young, stupid and thought I knew it all. All I really did in the end was hurt myself, by denying myself of the Montgomery G.I. Bill benefits that I was entitled to. Now im struggling with student loans as a result. If only I had stuck it out 8 more months, I wouldn't be having these issues with loans today.

:bang:

20. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    ^^ this

today I had another disciplinary hearing at work where I got another final warning which just doesn't happen.

But I would say you are where you're supposed to be. Life is all about lessons. You don't learn from doing it right, but from doing things the wrong way. So learn from what you are currently experiencing. Forget the past. That was then. And don't think about the future. Concentrate on what is happening right now.