What are your 2700x Cinebench scores and clocks?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Srsbsns, May 13, 2018.

1. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Hey guys,

I've got a Crosshair VII hero and 32GB of Gskill Flare X 3200. I'm not getting the scores Hilbert was getting on his testing. I'm getting 177 single thread and about 1800 multithread. I can only get close to his scores when I turn on the performance enhancer option. According to Ryzen Master its boosting to 3.950 and flickering to 3.975. I thought all cores loaded is supposed to boost to 4.050??? I'm starting to wonder if its the mounting or the cooler in general. Seems like Ryzen boost clocks are very picky about temps. I'm seeing late 50's temps with successive runs of Cinebench.

Kraken X72 with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fury X +AW@240Hz
    4x8GB 3000MHz CL13:
    40~40.25 multiplier for MT test on auto. Score ~1815. (Tctl/Tdie 71°C upon 2nd run completion.)
    43~43.5 multiplier for ST test on auto. Score ~175.

Funny thing is that this MB pumps up to 1.5V with ST load to go to 43.5x. And that 40.25GHz is achieved at 1.425V which is what I require to get all cores safely to 4.2GHz. (~1910CB score)

Edit: And temperature readings are as good as poop on this MB, or maybe CPU has weird probe.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  3. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    When you are running Cinebench on auto and seeing multiplier at 40.25 what are you voltages doing? Im sitting in the mid to late 50s on temp and my voltages dont go past 1.33. If I enable the performance enhancer then I see more volts and higher clocks. This is super frustrating not being able to get the advertised boost clocks. I saw 4050mhz before on the Cinebench runs but not sure what happened. My temps are lower than ever. It appears if I run the pump and fans at max I can make the clocks pop up by 25-50mhz. Its like it doesn't want to run at the 16 thread boost clocks unless the CPU is under 50c.

clocks flickering at 3.95 and 3.97ghz and got a 1809. Very odd.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fury X +AW@240Hz
    I have retarded BIOS (MSI). There is "Core Performance Boost" Auto/Disabled.
    Auto enables XFR2 (not configurable), "Precision Boost Overdrive" (configurable TDP/Amps limits) and "Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar" (which has settings from 2x to 10x, and controls voltage overshoot over needed value).

On my board, "Precision Boost Overdrive" on auto does have quite high current limits, but Power limit is just 125W, that's mere 20W above standard. Raising this limit to 200W did help with clocks a lot. But then there is some other override which prevents CPU in auto mode to eat more than 160W in this mode. (Manually OCed to higher clocks with lower voltage and it manages to eat even 200W.)

And "Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar" which is kind of responsible for attempting to get clock higher, but adds bit of voltage in attempt. As I wrote above, that auto BIOS settings use much higher voltage than needed... after testing I opted to have this option disabled, LLC on lowest, so I do not put unnecessary voltage on CPU. Secondly having it on 10X value was cause for CPU hitting 160W wall at lower clock. When used, optimal clock came at value of 6X in my case. But that 25~50MHz looked meaningless once I factored voltage.
    What this option on High value does well? It gets CPU to 4.35GHz much more often, With it disabled, at most 1core goes to 4.35GHz and not under full ST load. Under load one core clocks mostly to 4.3GHz.
    So this "Scalar" thing gets you maybe additional 50MHz at cost of increasing voltage which is already higher than necessary.

I really hope for new BIOS, because this thing is mess. And since AMD kind of promised new AGESA, MSI should work on that.

5. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Check this prog out, it will let you un-park cores, re-park cores, change power option, boost ect. right from desktop without a reboot too. It has alot of ways to play with the clocks same people that did process lasso I believe. Anyhow it works great. https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ [I hope me putting link in here was ok?]

6. mtrai

mtrai Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 480 Red Dev
    188 Single Thread Overclock...and 2014 Multicore overclock. Keep in mind you have to have a different OC method if just going for highest bench. My CPU-Z was also only using my Singlethreaded overclock settings.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]