What are you proud of

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by proFits, Aug 7, 2009.

1. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Definitly. Why I created this topic; some people go through rough times and don't slow down a bit to appreciate what good they actually do for themselves and for others. This topic helps cheer me up when I see people realise life isnt all about bad things, forgive cnn/fox news and other medias

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Would it be considered pride in my reflection of the past where in 2007, I lost both my parents, endured a horrible break up, and was under investigation by homeland security....within a years time. Those were probably the worst times I have ever endured. Within that timeframe, I had a moment of clarity that brought me to realize that those times and their subsequent pains were there to teach me things. I then began to see the positive in these things and realized a strength I had never seen within. I further realized that those trials were not for me, but there to teach me to be able to reach out to others and to help them when they may be faced with very adverse situations in life. I now carry a heartfelt eagerness to reach out to people during their "bad times" and share my experiences with them so that they know that they are not alone in their suffering and that what happens, happens for a reason. This makes all the pain I underwent worth it. I don't know if that's what pride is or not. But it does feel good to help others just for the sake of helping and knowing that I at least tried to ease their suffering somewhat, you know?

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    thanks man, must get all my upgrades before i cant lol

4. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Im mostly pure fail, so actually nothing to be proud of :nerd:

And that was no joke :bang:
    :stewpid:

5. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    Im proud of my 26yrs. of marrage. Not many these days can say that one......................

6. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Indeed sir. Congratulations! That is becoming rare and rarer. With these words comes along to you the hope of another 26 years of coupled with your partner, happiness....and high end computer parts...of course. :)

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I'm a cunning linguist ;)

8. CrackWhiz

CrackWhiz Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 Dual Fan Editio
    Just reading through this thread makes us realize what are the different kind of people that are present in this forum. The good things and the bad things that some of the people here have had borders from one edge to the other.

Man, I'm just proud to be associated with you guys...

9. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    ..and I'm a master debater!

10. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    They're aren't many who possess your understanding, knowledge and clarity of thought. This is a powerful message for those who have "ears to hear" and for those who actually comprehend what they're reading. ;)

11. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Thank you sir. I've come to realize that life isn't about just "us". It's so much more than that. It's about role within it and how we connect to Human Beings and how the whole ensemble fits together to become the entire framework of existence. It's cause and effect. It's action-reaction. It's a quantum state in which all affected circumstances are intertwined into everything else. It's Chaos. Where all thing carry a sensitive dependence upon initial conditions. It is so much that the normal mind is only able to fathom just the skin that forms on the surface. And below that, wherein lies a multitude of paths/progresses that all depend upon the entire framework of a whole to sustain itself.

The momentum effortlessly flows. :)

12. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Am proud of winning when I win? :3eyes:

13. invisible69

invisible69 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4870x2 2GB
    I'm proud of the fact that whatever I learnt about computers was always self taught.
    Proud that I still play the baritone 10 years on (after having started playing the trumpet)
    Proud that I bought my dSLR and will hopefully get more into Photography.
    Proud that I'm almost into uni :p (Just a resit or 2 to go :p)

Whatever else I got (or should have) in my life is fail :p

14. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    I'm especially proud of my new paint job (by can, with mirror finish), and managing to rewire the butchered wiring loom on my CBR900 in just under 2 weeks. :D

There's loads of other stuff I'm proud of, but at the risk of sounding modest... :nerd:

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    my fitness, about 8months ago i was skinny with a flabby belly, and was as unfit as ud expect a guy who sat on his ass all day eating choc's.

i started the gym 6monthd ago and started running about 1.5months ago, now im at gym 4x perweek and run 5x perweek and eat healthy so im kinda proud i have changed my life in this way as i feel loads better abotu my self now

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Im proud my nose operation went well and my nose looks better :)

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Haven't been proud of anything yet atm, I've always been demanding perfection from myself, even to the point of giving myself a depression and loads of problems.
    If I manage to finish this bachelor in IT combined with my ADHD, fear of failing and demanding constant perfection from myself, then I might have something to be proud of.

18. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I'm proud of my son and my marriage. Been married for 5 years now, and we have a 4 year old son. :D

19. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Proud to be a messenger of Jesus

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol,man i thought i never read that, great to hear and well done on not buying dozens of tins in tescos now lol :)