What are the best free network management apps?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by 386SX, Sep 17, 2022.

1. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Hi all.

I search for better network management apps than the ones I use today: Wireman and Fing.

I dislike Fing's handling of data / telemetry and Wireman doesn't offer much features for management.

Does anyone know an "all-in-one" suite of network tools? Like ping, traceroute, whois and nslookup, ssh, rdp, port scan, packet capture, etc.?
    If I want to use these functions and methods otherwise, I have to install a dozen of apps.

@anticupidon anything on F-Droid which can be of use? Do you have something in mind? Your recommendations always were on point and very useful when it came to Android stuff. ;)

anticupidon likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Aye, thanks, but I am merely a user with privacy and usefulness in mind. And sharing is caring (when it comes to software and some stuff) .
    I'll share later my arsenal of tools for network stack. I am on a small trip for the weekend.

386SX likes this.
  3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Some tools I use.
    F-Droid - Port Authority - scanning a network, discover hosts, ports and protocols. No ads, no tracking .

F-Droid -Ooni Probe -
    Measure the speed and performance of your network, check blocked websites, services, messaging apps and censorship.
    (May be against your ISP policy)

OUI Lookup - discover vendor MAC

Datura - Powerful firewall for Android devices (comes built-in CalyxOS), or NetGuard as a valid alternative.

SnoopSnitch do read their privacy terms and conditions before using it. Or create a separate account (Island) and run it with minimal privileges and shared user data.

WifiAnalyzer https://vremsoftwaredevelopment.github.io/WiFiAnalyzer/

WiGLE Wireless Wardriving -nethughing

Rethink DNS, PCAPdroid for basic WHOIS and other stuff.
    All of them on F-Droid.

386SX likes this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sorry @386SX for not providing all-in-one solution, although it exists.
    It's called the terminal, or for GUI the Kali suite for Android.

386SX likes this.

5. Daniel Rahim

Daniel Rahim New Member

GPU:
    NagiosĀ® is the granddaddy of monitoring software; in some areas, only ping is more used.