1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the best drivers for GTX 480?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dnottis, Jun 24, 2010.

1. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I know some of you guys are having issues with the 2xx.xx drivers, which do you find to be the best?

I went back through them all from 197.45 - 257.21 doesn't seem like any don't hitch like a mutha in battlefield bad co II, in directx 11. C'mon Nvidia your drivers suck.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Well, I don't have a 480, but I'm running the 198.01's leaked from Microsoft, as they seem to give the best performance with the least amount of problems. I'd run the new 2xx.xx drivers as I like what they've done with the PhysX/SLI page but I get random driver crashes/missing profiles/corrupt textures in Metro 2033 with them.

EDIT: testing the new 258.19s, so far no noticeable corruption in Metro 2033, Profiles seem to currently work.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    i've benched 257.15/.21 and 258.19 and so far i get the best bench results with 257.15.

as far as stability they all seem about the same, although i've heard there are issues with BFBC2 on the new 258.19's, but have not checked as of yet

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS
    Im using the 257.21 and havn't had any problems so far. Might give the 258.19 later but usually when I find something that works i tend to stick with it for a good while.

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    "Best" is subjective and will vary from system to system. :)

6. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I agree that nVidia 200 series drivers suck. They don't work worth a dang with my 480sc+.

7. Fury

Fury Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    I´m using the 257.21.Batman runs very well...better than the previous drivers...on BC2 i didn´t notice any change.

8. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    WUT :banana:

They are made for you man

9. Nuke_Meltdown

Nuke_Meltdown Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 SLI
    I have nothing to say against the 200 series, i can run all my games without issues...And the list is quite long; BFBC2, AC2, Burnout, SplitSecond, HawX, SniperGW, LFD2, CrysisWars, ShatteredHorizon and lots of bench...I'm about to try SCConviction and Singularity...

I had more troubles with my previous 280's + latest drivers than right now...

10. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    the latest 257.21 whql are the best
    running gtx 470 sli overclocked with no problems in any of the latest games
    nvidia design garage also runs fine with these drivers

11. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    200 series drivers can't even save profiles and sometimes one or more combo boxes are empty. Poor programming and quality testing.