What Anti Virus do you use ?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Marri, Jul 25, 2005.

?

What Anti Virus do you use ?

1. Kaspersky

37 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. NOD32

64 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. McAfee

23 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Avast

47 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Panda

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Norton

55 vote(s)
    17.8%
  7. AntiVir

25 vote(s)
    8.1%
  8. AVG

74 vote(s)
    23.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Vet Antivirus (Computer Associates)

ZoneAlarm Program Control>Programs> BF2.exe and click the question marks and make them green ticks (don't worry about mail). When you start BF2 tick and allow anything that asks to connect to the net, if you can't click them Crtl+Alt+Delete choose taskmanager, then send taskmanager to the tray (now you can see those ZoneAlarm messages. While your at it set BF2.exe to "below normal priority" in Processes tab in Taskmanager (right click BF2.exe) if you get any lag problems as BF2 hogs recources from your connection.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. Lingo2005

Lingo2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    i vote for kaspersky, it's works fine for me and less memory usage.

i want to try out NOD32, but my country not selling it and it's not popular

3. Lingo2005

Lingo2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Before i use kaspesky, i was try out norton, F-prot, Trend micro and Antivir.

Hope can try out NOD32 soon and i heards quite good for antivirus.

4. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490

5. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    i use antivir, not actively scanning anything, i just scan questionable downloaded files before executing them, and i have never been infected with a virus. that said, i checked with the panda online scan and it of course said no infected files.. so i am confident that i am not and will not be infected. no firewall as of yet (behind a router, with NAT, so that's cool and safe) getting a new router soon with a stateful packet inspector firewall built-in so.... even safer than..
    as long as you don't open attachments that you are unsure of (without scanning) and files that you download (without scanning) you should not get infected with virii.. have heard of some that infect via scripts launched through internet explorer, but i never use the thing (cept to update, and just now for the panda scan since it reuires ie)...

6. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    im currently trying NOD32 out.....figured i'd give it a chance...
    but im not as impressed with this as i was with kaspersky....
    there's something about NOD32 that does'nt seen appealing or quality based for that matter...
    its better then most of the other ones i've tried...but it's not quit near the works of Kaspersky...
    well thats just a feeling i have....

i figured i'd give it a try , just to see how light this is....but apparently could'nt notice any Aquamark scores change...
    im sure it must be lighter....as an application but it wont get you that feel if your trying NOD32 after Kaspersky....

your PC sure will feel alot more differenct if your trying NOD32 after Macafee etc....but not quite noticably when trying it after Kaspersky...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  7. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    I use Symantec (Norton) Corporate 8.1, it uses very few resources (especially compared to the newer versions that load like 6 or 7 processes), and has been very reliable for me. I don't notice its there, and has caught many virus's for me.

As far as spyware goes, I can't believe somebody suggested Microsoft's stuff was the best free software! Spybot and Adaware SE are both free, and are both very good at removing bad stuff.

8. NewMachineIII

NewMachineIII Guest

GPU:
    PNY Nv GF GTX 1070
    Norton...it has kept it safe. And lately, for no reason now, viruses are showing up on my system.

Me guess, it is getting targeted, for whatever reason. But Norton has been keeping them at bay.

And to back Norton up, a Go-Back doesn't hurt as well.:)

9. Nigh

Nigh Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 7900GT 256Mb
    I use AntiVir + Zone Alarm Pro 6.
    So far I have never been infected with a virus. AntiVir scanes my files on every read and write, even so it does not use excessive system resources.

10. Lingo2005

Lingo2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Ya, good for Antivir too.

11. Myth2Loki

Myth2Loki Master Guru

GPU:
    unknown / 9700PRO / 128MB
    mine is out of them,I using one that made in china,LOL

12. NVguy

NVguy Active Member

GPU:
    BFG NVIDIA GeForce 6800 128MB
    i have problems with symantec's norton.

13. shuangwu

shuangwu New Member

GPU:
    ELSA 6800
    I've used Avast! and AVG Before,I think the two AntiVirus are better than other free AntiVirus.
    But now,I use "Filetwister",From Mainland China,it can protect both Antivirus and Trojen Horses.

Filseclab also has a free firewall product called "xfilter",it also very good to protect my PC!

Filseclab Website:
    http://www.filseclab.com/eng/default.htm

14. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    I used to be a total norton internet 2005 user but hated all the crap it had to bog your system down with.
    Gone over to Nod32 and my onboard hardware firewall and never looked back.
    best change I ever made.
    :D

15. PrinceGaz

PrinceGaz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GF8800GTS 640MB @ stock
    I use McAfee VirusScan and have done so for many years without trouble. As with Norton, the home version of McAfee contains extra features I neither need or want (though not as many as Norton) so I use the Enterprise (corporate) version.

As for spyware I occasionally scan my system with Ad-Aware SE, and for a firewall I use Kerio Personal Firewall as it works very well with P2P software (unlike ZoneAlarm). If nVidia got their act together and wrote some decent drivers, I suppose I could try the nForce4 firewall but as it stands it is basically unusable.

16. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Outpost is great is your after a safe firewall which doesnt eat to many reasources, the new version also has a decent antispyware plugin but some may want to turn this off (the realtime monitoring at least) to keep cpu usage down.

17. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    What problems have you had with it?

18. PrinceGaz

PrinceGaz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GF8800GTS 640MB @ stock
    I haven't had any problems with the nForce4 firewall but that is because I've never installed the drivers for it and attempted to use it.

The reason I didn't install the drivers for it is that almost everyone on technical-forums who has tried it has ran into some sort of problem, from the "relatively minor" not being able to access the internet at all (at least it is keeping malicious traffic out, along with everything else), to the "slightly more serious" Windows BSODs and fails to start.

When I hear that nVidia have got the firewall working properly, I might consider trying it. After taking a full backup of everything.

19. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    Well I did read through most of the problems on the forums regarding the hardware firewall and so far have found none of them true with me so far.
    The most demanding part I found was having to manually allow ports for windows messenger.
    I have tested it on a number of sites for firewall testing and it all comes back as completely stealthed.
    :D

20. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    I don't suppose you are surprised or something...:D