1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What AM4 570 Mobo to go with a R9 3900x

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by pegasus1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Il finally be replacing my 2700k @5ghz and MSI Z68A Mobo that ive had since launch with a 3900x and a 570 mobo. Does anybody have any recommendations in the £250 - £350 range, although price isnt a factor im not having my pants pulled down by a chipset.
    Not that its important but the CPU will go into a custom loop and at least six USB ports are a must really.

Thanks in advance (as i work my way through Google in search of legit reviews.)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    asrock x570 taichi, its the only board on the market so far that i have seen Zero kernel-whea errors or bsods reported on as it ships with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB.

it also happens to be up with the top end boards.

Asus and Gigabyte both have 1.0.0.3AB updates available now for some (but not all boards), so while the board may be received with 1.0.0.2 you can update away from the WHEA errors.

Checking our your profile, i see you're in a Security field, so that would have me put gigabyte lower on the recommendations list,

MSI would be higher, however they are shipping 1.0.0.2 boards and only have 1.0.0.3A available

having consulted with a friend in the same industry as yourself, the suggests boil down to 2 boards.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asrock-x570-taichi-amd-am4-ddr4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-16m-ak.html - should ship with 1.0.0.3AB

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-6dx-as.html - 1.0.0.3AB update available on support page if not already applied

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    pegasus1 likes this.
  3. blurp33

blurp33 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti on H2O
  4. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX TITAN
    I like the MSI Lineup. They are great quality. Their BIOSes aren't quite yet as feature packed as Asus but they are close and are MILES ahead of Gigabyte BIOS. They also usually provide more features than Asus boards of comparible price. I've only ever tried one ASRock board and while it didn't "wow" me, it was a solid motherboard. But I still like MSI the best, then Asus, then Gigabyte, then ASRock. Again, just my opinion. Its also going to matter what features you want/need; like Wifi, etc.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I'm looking at the 570 Taichi as well, since currently on a Z270 Taichi and its served me well. Also looking at the MSI X570 Gaming PRO Carbon Wifi too, although its not as well equipped as the Taichi, seems a solid board for the money.

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Thanks for the info, oh and i'm not involved with that kind of security, less cyber, more kynetic.

7. Jawnys

Jawnys Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac amp extreme 1080ti
    im currently running my 3900x on my b350m board, because i cant make up my mind yet on an x570 board, i like the hero for sure, tho its expensive here in canada its about 500 $, i like the pro carbon as well, seems like a good board for the money, anyone know about the asrock steel legend, seems like a decent board as well for the money, i already have a good sound card, and i mainly game on my pc so i dont need it full of features. the hero is tempting, i do have an hero z170 and it is a very good board

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    I noticed the Asrock runs 12v 8+4, its been a long time since ive had my Corsair 850 out of the case (tj07) as its hidden behind two rads but i dont recall any 4 pin leads for it.