Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by soul8103, May 5, 2007.
Oh and goldeneye for the 64....those explosions were so cool...
Project Gotham Racing 2
Silent Hill 3
Metal Gear Solid 2 (at its own time)
Gears of War
I wouldn't consider myself as a "modern" gamer, because I've played only one game (BF2) that has been released after Doom 3 (so not even HL2). Although I have tried F.E.A.R. demo.
Anyway, here are the three:
- Max Payne (this was about graphics, but I've never been more "wow'ed" than when I saw Max Payne 2's physics)
Doom 3 would be on that list if the flashlight wasn't that irritating
1. Ground Controll
2. Far Cry
Quake 1 (the first 3d fps !)
I thought Wolfenstain 3d released in 1992 was first 3d shooter (Q1 1996?? or something) ;]
But we can talk and talk, Q1 was first with ... "+mlook"-Real Revolution xD
I have Q1 on my hard drive for LAN partys;]
- Far Cry
- Tomb Raider Legend
Granturismo 3 (or was that 2) on PS2
on my first DX9 setup..
Far Cry (ran it on a 9600Pro)
NBA Live 2005
finally someone else put ground control, charlie baker 101(game reference)
2. AvP 2
3. .kkrieger (The entire game uses only 97,280 bytes of disk space). Everyone who have not tryed this, download and try!!
Dont you remember, back in the days ?
having the "Monster 3d" voodoo thing.. LOL
we needed to download a patch of some sort (heck, cant even remember) to have the 3d water effects !
ohhh.. those were the days :approval:
Ridge Racer 1 on the PS1, it was one of the launch titles and it gave you full textured arcade graphics in your home.
Jet Grind Radio on the dreamcast.
R-Type on my PC Engine.
Superman on the Atari 2600, the wooden style version.
To name a few.
- system shock 2 (at the time)
- ground control
- Crysis (it's not out yet though)
there are a lot of older games that wowed me, but i just can't think of them right now
I first played it at an iCafe with a friend... I still remember exchanging awe-filled glances, it really was incredible.
The graphics + physics + general interactivity made it astonishing.
More Ground Controll owners plx;]
I won't mention any of those older games, simply because i don't remember by whos i was blown away the most anymore. None of them (pre 2000 games) looked particulary pretty, so i guess that's why i don't remember.
- Splinter Cell (just amazing... it looked great and ran well on my already aging GF4 TI4600)
- Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (what an amazing improvement over Pandora Tomorrow...i really didn't expect such graphic. Not to mention how right it felt that i've purchased a GF 6800GT instead of ATI's X800XT.. HDR and SM3.0 truly made it A LOT better looking)
- Half-Life 2 (i was shocked by how good it looked..i had to stop on multipe occasions just to admire the graphic. They looked so real for 2004. When i was playing this game, i kinda wished i had an X800XT though. That's because this game ran better on it..not that it ran bad on an 6800GT).
PoP Sands Of Time
TR Legend / next gen
Sorry thats four but I could not resist.