Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood slated for 2021 - exclusive to the Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Lowice

Lowice Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980ti OC
    "exclusive to the EPIC game store"

Well not going to play that game then.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Looked decent, but not a whole lot to go on... Only thing I take issue with is the choice of trailer music, that was just god damn awful.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The VTMB game was also given EGS exclusivity on PC from the recent news on that.
    Well it shifts two titles from 2021 to 2022 and frees up some more work on the backlog I guess.

https://metacouncil.com/threads/vam...cil-devs-delayed-to-2021-egsclusive-now.1611/
    (And Werewolf but it should be the same as this here already. https://metacouncil.com/threads/wer...d-delayed-to-february-4-2021-egsclusive.1581/ )

EDIT: I don't know White Wolf well enough though, got interested in the VTMB series with Redemption much as it had it's flaws and then Troika ... used a too early version of the Source engine ... made a pretty good free-form RPG with Bloodlines. :D

Being a Werewolf would make for some entertaining changing up on that whole take about how this works.
    Less need for the whole masquerade bit at least, well maybe the feline lovers will be a bit more upset about some half wolf running around the streets than the canine ones will be ha ha.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020

5. kbx1

kbx1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Palit GR
    Dont know what is worse, the trailer or the game itself. There are literally 3 good and atmospheric games about vampires and warewolves - VTMR, VTMB1 and old Nocturne. Thats it.

6. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    It's currently on PO in the Steam store so if this is true perhaps we all should get it now even though I personally think they are going to screw the game up to the point I'll only buy it at bargain bin prices.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That trailer is so cringe... :oops:

As for EGS exclusive, well, with this one I certainly won't mind.

8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I stopped caring altogether about boycotting an online game store. Seems self defeating and pointless, at least to me.

Maddness likes this.
  9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah me too, and since 90% of the games I play, I don't play at launch anyway. Also, I'm planning on finally starting playing The Outer Worlds which I have on EGS (free with 3900X), as soon as I'm done with Metro Exodus.

10. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Game looks interesting

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh dont mater to me it does not look intresting to, I might have 50+ epic games threw there store from the endless game give away, but I have yet to touch single one let alone install the client and quite a few game there i interested in playing, but i have bigger list of steam game I still have yet to play.

By the time I get around to those game, they will be on steam, my preferred platform followed by GoG the whole log in to this platform or that platform to play pc games it getting out hand. My uncle has entired of C&C collection on origin, but got so pissed off with log to origin to play them he went and bought the original game on disc with out the origin crap integrated, all cause he didnt want deal with login crap anymore.

I have no problem with competition but moment they start "buy" exclusives so for platform enters the mix the ever rise platforms I have to have user pass to play the game THis why already why if it isnt on steam i dont want, If I get threw steam and then have to have login for of platform then defeat the purpose ot getting on steam in which case i dont want. If there game want that pull that crap on pc I will just get on disc for console.

bobblunderton likes this.
  12. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    I don't blame you, if it's not on Steam, or GoG, I don't play it.
    Almost 40 here so my time to play games is rather limited when I'm not making them.
    Doesn't upset me one bit, I will never ever have all the time to play all the games I can buy on Steam anyways.

These days, when 60$ games release epic exclusive, I just completely cross them off my list. I doubt I'll desire to play it a year later when it's 5$ only because next to no one bought it like the rest of the epic exclusive trash.

There's too many DRM 'services' out there today. I have one for my games, that's it. I tried GTAV and couldn't put up with that, and just look at the Games For Windows Live trash that on some titles didn't get patched out until this year or worse, not at all.
    No thanks. Use Steamworks DRM or don't use any DRM. I don't want my personal info nor my payment info all over the net on all these different services.
    It's already bad enough there's a good 3 different things I have to connect to and authenticate with, mostly my content creation software company websites, to use some of my content creation software (but it's expensive, so I get it).

No Epic, No Ubisoft, No EA Origin, No Rockstar games pretend-criminal clubs. Nope, Nope, Nope.
    I won't pirate either, no thanks for that, I just pass over all the trash that goes epic exclusive. Why bother releasing on PC at all?

We have satellite broadband (which is trash, especially as it rains almost every day here), and trying to stay online on these drm things means everything is always popping up on top of my work flow or applications because it got disconnected again, again, and again.

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Never even heard of this game till now ^^

14. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Hopefully it wont become vaporware like World of Darkness Online. Still wish WW / CCP could carry on with WoDO

15. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    killing floor 2 free on epic stores today :)

16. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I don't mind vendor provided launchers/stores but I do mind shady EGS "exclusivity"

bobblunderton likes this.