Well I never expected this....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jimmyme, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @Honey: Burn that guy at the stake.

@jimmy: You're a whinger, there's nothing wrong with the game. Any problems with the software have in my experience been 100% the fault of the end-users system. Then you proceed to come here for another whinge after you get banned for telling someone how to do their job, when in fact you have no idea whatsoever.

This thread is great. Pirate games in the hopes of better support, because people work for free. Then, when the job "isn't up to standards", tell them how the job should be done! Protip: if you can do a better job, do it yourself!

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I don't blame them for banning you. I wouldn't want to read posts saying "you suck and are evil" for clearly supporting their game in which you say they don't (they do).

They have fixed many bugs and sped up the lobby as suggested by the community. They are working on the next patch to be released this wednesday in NA.

You did it to yourself getting banned imo.

I'd try to keep a more clear head from now on.

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    A friendly advice,dont mention pirating here.
    People here really dont like it.

Its true that EA is making games just like on a production line.They dont care about satisfying their customers,they care only about the money.
    On the other hand pirating software is wrong.
    Two minuses dont make a plus in this equation.

4. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    Im glad we are on to the real point.
    Its really not that hard to understand.

PIRACY is killing PC gaming.
    Poorly ported PC games lead to dissatisfied consumers.
    Disgruntled, dissatisfied consumers are driven to PIRACY.
    therefore
    Developers like EA are supporting PIRACY.
    and finally,
    PIRACY is killing PC gaming.

Its clearly a 2-way street.

But personally my biggest sadness is that this practise also fragments the PC community itself, because its creating an "elitist", conservative, status-quo group who constantly attack anyone who has a problem with this poor software. Degrading them as some sort of "noob" Pc user, and suggesting the problem is simply the "idiot" user, not the HACK-JOB software.(see comment from inklimited above). Instead of dealing with the original issue to begin with, the poor software that has been bought with certain expectations.

I prefer to dealt with problems not symptoms.

When I pay from a product I have some sort of expectations. When expectations are not met there are problems. We should not lower our expectations, we should continue to expect the quality we previously had.

This theme is getting really old actually... :(

5. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    I do not Pirate games just to Pirate them. Think back about 15-20 years. I used to rent all new releases for Nintendo. To me, Pirating is like "renting" the game. I play an Hour or two (that is usually all it takes to figure out they screwed it up again). I have bought a few games, the only way to get the full enjoyment from games (for me in my opinion) is online play. Sorry to say it, but the last game I bought was COD4, and I still play 1.0

To all of you bitching and crying over piraters and supporting your little devs, tell them to beta test their **** first, fix it up, then release the damn game. Until then there is and always will be pirating. If you do not like the scene do not flip on it. Nobody flips on you for whatever you do in your scene.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    hmmm... bitch thread turns into piracy thread.

I think this can be closed now :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.