Well done boys... You've buggered it

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Slinkyminx, Dec 7, 2018.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Clearly nowhere near as much as you do, I never said that everyone who dislikes the price of these cards is an AMD fanboy,

I've already addressed that rubbish you posted in another thread and you didn't bother to respond because let's face it, you've got nothing to say (i'll link you my response in case you missed it, Ok Chief :D )

RTX Titan incoming ... Leaks on the net of a new nvidia Titan RTX !

Hell, I'm not super happy about the price, does that mean I'm an AMD fanboy as well :confused:

I've actually said that they are overpriced on more than one occasion if memory serves.

The difference between you and me is that I accept it and move on, you choose not to.

Of course you can sit around complaining about it, see what that will change and get back to me if Nvidia gives you 50% off, then I'll be right here complaining with you ;)

Just as an aside, I've never been banned for attacking other users, because simply put, I never have.

I have had heated disagreements with some users, but there is nothing wrong with a little civil discourse.

I get annoyed by people spreading FUD and misinformation, show up with facts and valid arguments and I'm more than happy to listen.

Speaking of which, Nvidia have conceded that some FE cards have a problem, but in your usual insincere way, you are still trying to mislead people by dishonestly referring to the failure rates of all 20xx series cards.

There is no evidence that the abnormal failure rate extends beyond earlier batches of the FE edition.

There is evidence that the failure rates associated with non FE cards are well within what is considered normal.

I'm not interested in emotional responses based on the fact that you don't like the price, I'm interested in the available facts, and that's all.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    tensai28 likes this.
  2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Let people spend as much as they want, it's their money.
    Do I need the water cooled amd tr rig in my wish list now? No...if I had the money though, why not!?

BangTail, tensai28 and Caesar like this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Thread should be closed.

One's money it's his own property and can be spent even for nothing.

There are people buying expensive drinks with thousand euros per bottle, and here, we are fighting about something providing realistic experience, more performance with better visuals, 2 in 1.

Excuse us RTX users and owners. I feel like I own an apology for these months. Enjoy and do complete a couple of games to our health, so we can follow. ;) :D

anxious_f0x, Maddness and BangTail like this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @DW75

Nowhere did I say that everyone who dislikes the price of these cards was an AMD fanboy, liar :p

Those are both responses that you have purposely taken out of context, unsurprisingly :rolleyes:

They were made to specific users and were not generalizations.

Again, please see my detailed response in the other thread.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...w-nvidia-titan-rtx.424165/page-2#post-5612517

Enjoy the ignore pile bubba, no sense in continuing this any further :D

(I encourage you to do the same)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    warlord likes this.

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yep, it's pretty light. Guru3D has been a pretty good place when I think back from now to 2001. Every forum has their ups and downs, it only reminds me what logo is up on the top left as most hardware sites has the same form of discussions.

Now, the GeForce Forum over on NVIDIA, that's a real mess with a certain individual that rules the roost over there.

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. lmao... if I were writing a screenplay... I know who the married people here would be... ;) hahaha...

EDIT: lol was thinking about that old saying about people that fight a lot just really like each other...

BangTail likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I wonder if and when guru3d decides to give away an RTX card in a contest this month but a hater wins it, HH would read many complaints afterwards :p. Be prepared and cautious boss.

8. I love it! "The Guru3d RTX Contest for Haters" only salacious Haters will be considered but to accept your prize you must agree to have all your salacious angst published in a news-article announcing the give-away!

*shoot shoot oh boy oh boy that might include meeee - back to check past-postings* :D:D:D :eek::eek: :oops::oops::oops: :(:(:( :mad::mad:

warlord likes this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No, I should win it :D :D :D

Can you imagine!

(Joke people, JOKE)

It's all good, it remained civil, we just aren't going to agree so no point in pursuing it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  10. ^ No! Hilbert it's not fair cause BangTail already has one!!! aaaa :mad::mad::mad: *TRIGGERED*

warlord and BangTail like this.

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Gosh, OP could've expressed him/herself in a more constructive way, now it's just a sh*tstorm. Both sides are acting like fools though. Nvidia was going to price the cards this way regardless, they're a business and not your or my friend trying to make sure that we all reach 4k gaming nirvana on a budget. Spend within your means or whatever you consider reasonable for this type of purchase. Until AMD comes back with some serious competition, prices aren't going to come down. I decided to throw AMD a bone by buying a 580 for my kid's rig rather than 1060. On the other hand, the "let me spend what I want with my hard earned money because I'm a hardworking manchild" brigade is also annoying. FFS, I'm fortunate enough to have a decent paying job (that I work hard at, no sh*t, doesn't everyone?) where I can have this gaming hobby on the side while supporting my wife and two kids. OTOH, I know there are many, many people out there who probably work twice as many hours as me and make half as much, who don't have the time in their days to make thousands of posts on a enthusiast's forum no less. I'm not gonna dance around like an a**hole telling the world how hard I work and how I somehow "deserve" my shiny toys more than others who don't have as much disposable income in their budgets for whatever reason.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This.

The1 and BangTail like this.
  13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Crypto demand is not close to what it used to be and high prices will keep most gamers away so it's only going to go down. How long it takes for that to happen is up to nvidia. Though of course high manufacturing costs could also be a problem but that is strictly a technical problem and has nothing to do with greed and hopefully will be resolved. It would've been better if they had a GTX 2000 line and kept the RTX 2080ti, I don't think many people would've been upset then.

Of course if they continue to frack around then I will switch to AMD and by AMD I mean Playstation :p

Maddness and BangTail like this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I can't help thinking that may have made this whole thing an easier pill to swallow for many people.

If they could have had a GTX 2080 Ti that was a few hundred dollars cheaper, it may have gone a long way to quelling the outrage over the price.

I mean, it's not like RTX is a 'must have' right now ;)

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I've been part of many.

Ive always seen people with ridiculous overkill rigs and people look at them with awe/confusion/criticism.

You see mad balls to the wall rigs and thats the point, Pc gaming is inherently overkill.

We don't NEED more than 1080 60.

We don't NEED water cooling and mods.

But we do, Because its a hobby its a passion for some.

Then when something launches that, yup, its pricey but for some they don't care. They want it, end of.
    But People jump on their choice, shitting on them for either buying it or being able to afford it. RTX owners are the devil on this forum.

We should probably stop selling Lamborghini too as its clearly more expensive than a Ford that would do the job just as well.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It's not about somehow thinking that because I work hard I deserve anything more or less than anybody else, it's about people thinking it's ok to call RTX owners morons and telling them they're idiots for spending their money how they want. I don't go around telling people how to spend their money, and I don't expect people to tell me how I should spend mine.

Everyone has responsibilities in life, and they come first regardless of what I want, but I do put some money aside each month for myself for purchases such as this, I feel like treating myself once every two to three years is reasonable.

17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Apologies if my post on the first page came across as condescending but I assure that was not my intention.

18. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I can see why the higher prices bother people, in the past you could expect higher performance at a lowercost with each successive generation, this was largely due to the availablility of cheaper new process nodes, hell they used to do straight dieshrinks(gtx285 comes to mind)just to reduce cost of manufacture. those days are gone.

The prices we are seeing are primarily the result of increased design complexity and process node cost.
    With new process nodes, you have reduced yields, an increase in machine time (quadpatterning), increased thermal density, and much higher r&d cost due to increasingly difficult physics that are not well understood in manycases, and with every shrink the problems have gotten worse and worse.

furthermore Increased design complexity comes more R&D cost and time, more bugs, and more problems with scalability.

on top of that increased demand can also be a problem(as seen with crypto).

fact of the matter is silicon is at its limits, we might see one more shrink past 7nm maybe 2 then its the end of the road,

There maybe some relief in prices once 7nm euv matures, but after that its anybodies guess.

Companies are trying to react to this pressure, most notably amd with their multi die strategy, and nvidia opting to stay on older nodes with increased reticle sizes.
    Software innovations like vulkan and dx12 are also responses to this pressure, inorder to more efficiently use the hardware we have.

Ultimately higher performance at a higher cost is the trend , and it will continue for the foreseeable future , until there are some radical changes to the way microprocessors and integrated circuits are designed and manufactured.

It is my opinion that people "willing to buy" more expensive gpus is not the problem, if amd could drop the prices of all of their prices they would, same with nvidia(given they could preserve or increase their margins).

BangTail and The1 like this.
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Oh great. Just what we needed; another thread about pricing. The hell with discussing tech right?

BangTail likes this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    We don't need those conversations even here. RTX surely means Rare_Technologies_eXtreme. One of its own since the moment it was manufactured.

Solfaur likes this.