1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well done boys... You've buggered it

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Slinkyminx, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:13 PM.

1. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    So, since you all love me so much, figured I'd post some thoughts, was watching youtube and there is so much hype around the new potential AMD offerings of GPU's and how miraculously this is going to fix the GPU pricing. I replied with the following thoughts to one of the... over enthusiastic comments I read..

Listen.... My gosh, the day you can by 1080 performance for £250, is not coming soon. Even second hand. Yes we would all love that but seriously.... Just ... No. Nvidia have already done the damage, understand? They have already RISEN the price of GPU's, to levels of sheer lunacy, and PEOPLE PAID IT! (which was the issue and why I was pleading with so many people NOT to by these LUDICROUSLY priced cards, but idiot 'want it now' fanboys with more money than sense [and a few GENUINE consumers who use 4k and basically had no bloody choice....{CLEVER NVIDIA}] saw fit to effectively destroy the enthusiast GPU market for the more modest consumer, and there we're MANY as upset as I was about this) - I just can't believe all the wishful thinking and sheer naivety I read.... performance/£ (or dollar) is not coming DOWN, by any SIGNIFICANT amount, in the foreseeable future. I honestly wish it was.

So here we go, £2500 for a Titan.

Party on boys.

2. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    Much as it pains me I'm going to have to agree with you :(

P.S. I haven't hit the "like" button because I don't like it at all. Hope you followed that ;)

Maddness and Slinkyminx like this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    So you're back to calling people idiots and fanboys again.

Why not try to have an opinion without attacking people you don't agree with and stop acting like a white knight, people don't need some bitter internet random to tell them how to spend their money.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    tensai28 likes this.
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    The few people who buy titans aren't destroying the market..
    Lol, that's just dense thinking.

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Agent-A01

Seriously, even on this forum, you can probably count the amount of people who are going to buy that card on one hand.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I literally just visit the forum to get my daily dose of insults now.

People really don’t like it when people buy things they want with money they’ve worked hard for.

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Seriously, did I miss something because it seems like everything has to be affordable for everyone according to some people.

That's just not the way the world works.

High end stuff is expensive, and in many cases, prohibitively so.

Go over to this forum and tell them how much the price of their hobby offends you.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/

I'm sure they will be really interested in what you have to say :p

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 5:16 PM
  8. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti Sea Hawk X
    Oh boy another "stop buying things you want or you're dumb" thread. Nice. Getting a bit bored of these now.

Maddness, Party Poison and BangTail like this.
  9. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64
    Solid, impartial, logical reply Jagman.

BangTail... I genuinely wondered how long. Second. Do something else with your time.

Nice 2080 Ti

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Why don't you take your own advice, like not coming here (to an enthusiast forum) and attacking hard working people who are just trying to discuss and enjoy their purchases (something you have already been temporarily banned for).

Nobody cares that you can't/won't buy something and nobody believes that you are mad for any other reason than the aforementioned.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:00 PM
    anxious_f0x and Caesar like this.
  12. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    If amd goes big again and brings something competitive agaisnt the 1080ti/2080ti (don't come up with the vega 64 undervolt trick since every gpu now can do that), prices will not go lower but stay the same, do you think amd wouldn't want a slice of that overpriced pie, back when vega launched they didn't lifted a finger when vega 56 was selling over 1000 usd, and most people expect amd to be competitive again just to buy nvidia cards cheaper, but when amd goes big again a lot of people will be dissapointed.

BTW, i will gladly buy a titan turing at full price, i don't need one and im glad with my 1080 since i play at 1080p, but if get the money i gladly buy one even if is overkill for 1080p.

BangTail likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @SpookySkeleton

Yah, this is the myth.

AMD is not a company 'for the people', they are a company for themselves and if they develop technology that is comparable to Nvidia's, it will come with the same kind of premium.

The reason AMD still charge less for their CPUs is because Intel is still ahead and AMD are obviously using the lower price point to gain market share (to good effect).

That may soon change, especially if these 5Ghz 3000 series CPU rumors turn out to be true.

SpookySkeleton likes this.
  14. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    May I suggest that anyone who wants to complain about NVIDIA's pricings and such, please use the "Sad about the RTX" thread. The enthusiast thread is for new RTX owners to fap off to each other about their dedication to the Green Temple.

</sarcasm>

Wait, this thread STARTED as a NV complaint thread. Enthusiasts, please keep your enthusism to the RTX 20xx threads.

The GeForce forum is a forum to discuss any and all aspects regarding GeForce products, either good or bad, pro or con, as long as the thread in question stay on topic. So no @BangTail this forum isn't just for enthusiasts to share their experiences, it's also for other customers to express their opinions about these products and the company that makes them.

If a thread is about owners expressing their experiences about a product, then yes, any complainers should voice themselves elsewhere. If a thread starts off complaining about a product and/or company, then let them complain. By all means, debate the merits of their complaints, but do NOT tell them to be silent because this forum is for enthusiasts only.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:27 PM
    Solfaur and Slinkyminx like this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Firstly, the title of the thread is patently directed at people who have purchased the cards (in an inflammatory manner no less) :rolleyes:

He can hardly object if we choose to participate.

Secondly, let me be very clear, I never said it was a place where we should deal only in glowing endorsements, it's the fact that this guy (who has already been banned for this type of behaviour) likes to call people who don't agree with him 'idiots' et al.

I fear you lack objectivity as it was him that told me to 'do something else with your time', I never said he shouldn't be posting, I said he should not be attacking other users, there is a big difference.

And that's what I have a problem with, not the fact that he wants to whine about the price of the cards or that he wants to try and pretend that he does it in the name of protecting other consumers :rolleyes:, he is welcome to do that crap all day long.

I'm sure we all have our opinions about one user or another on this forum and I'm sure we've all had moments when we've wanted to unload, but as much as we may want to, it would not be a very civil place if that happened, would it.

Furthermore, there is no 'enthusiasm' towards Nvidia in this thread, you seem to be making things up in order to promote a non existent argument. The only comment I made was that high end gear tends to cost money, that holds true across the board.

Again, I'm all for everyone's opinions, positive or negative, just keep it civil.

How's the weather over at the Red Temple :p

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 10:22 AM

16. DW75

DW75 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    You sure like to talk a ton of bullshit there, bangtail. Over in the RTX 2080 Ti thread, you have repeatedly made claims that anyone who is against what Nvidia has done with this launch is nothing but an obsessed AMD fanboy. You claim you want to keep things civil, but you repeatedly have attempted to bait people into arguments with your assumptions on why people are unhappy with this launch.

Slinkyminx likes this.
  17. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix Vega 64

I honestly don't even read his replies. I mean that.

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Everyone will always defend their purchase decision, regardless if it was good or not. Simple human psichology.

Personally, I won't touch anything from Nvidia any time soon. Their practices as of late are disgusting.

Other than that, if rumours are true, AMD has great stuff coming with 7nm. Most likely will fully switch to them next year.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    This is the bitchiest enthusiast forum ive ever been a part of.

BangTail likes this.
  20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Clearly you haven't been part of many.

fantaskarsef, droopy_ro and BangTail like this.