Welcome to Guru3D v4.0 !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Last poster

Hilbert, dont know if it is only me, but not all the Topics filtered are "New".
    Giving credit to Mikes comment, IMO "Live Forum Topics" would better reflect the Topics offered.

EDIT: Thanks for all your hard work on the new website and the extreme difficulty in pleasing everyone.
    But, Is it possible to bring back the "last poster name" in the information as was provided before the last website update. Makes it easier to keep up with what your Mods are saying.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Nicely done, good contrast for reading text, easy on the eyes.:thumbup:

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I like it. Great job.

[​IMG]

4. s0x

s0x Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    Looks cool, the website was indeed in need of a new face, but as someone said, the colors look 'kinda amateurish.
    Maybe some tweaking?

Nevertheless, as i said, looks cool, well done.

Was about to say the same thing since I first came to the "new" site on the netbook.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Looking nice.

6. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Looks good, Hilbert. :thumbup:

7. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Finally a website redesign that isn't a pile of ****. Thank you so much. I was beginning to lose hope that the web was going to end up completely based around tablet and phone interfaces and their limitations but this site is a massive surprise. Nice non-blinding colors, and a wide page layout. That alone is a huge step up for me.

I'm so tired of websites being locked into 600-800 pixel wide strips wasting most of the screen when you have common resolutions over 1.5k pixels wide. While not much wider on this new site, it does make it feel a lot more open for content. Everything has it's place without feeling shoehorned in.

After massive redesign failures like Gametrailers, Shacknews, The Escapist, and Kotaku I thought it was the end of an era. You need to show these guys how it is done. I pretty much stopped visiting those sites after their terrible redesigns. This one, I am happy to keep visiting.

Good job.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    This, It looks very "geocites" to me especially with the blue gradients and the Microsoft word art logo :s

9. iZomBaDi

iZomBaDi Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Titan X no oc
    Got used to the old style for so long, not sure I totally love it, but it's nice to have a change I guess...

The top banner, btw, sucks :p

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    agreed, looks pretty amateur to me

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    love it but then i always love blue XD, I was like what you talking about then wait to main page and was like shocked first time i seen a diffrent layout and i like it

12. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Master Guru

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Normally I irk when a web site changes their site layout, but I'm very impressed. Looks great guys love the layout and colors of the new Guru3D Portal.

13. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

Not to mention this new layout it's much more of a chore to use.
    Take the Hardware reviews section for example. I wanted to look for a specific review on Video cards section, and in the old layout wich was more simple to use, all the review titles were on the same page, and you could find very easy what you were looking for, but now i had to scroll through 10 of the 19 pages in this section. Waste of time, if you ask me. The same thing they did with Anandtech.com and many others.
    Why can't all the review titles be on the same page on their respective sections?
    I don't mind change but when it's for the better, i mean if something is not broken don't change it.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Simply put you like to see more entries per category page ? E.g. 100 reviews per page instead of 25 per page ?

15. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    Exactly, this way it's much more easier to find what you are looking for. Although like i said it was better in the old layout because they were all on the same page.

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I'll see to it that we increase that number. Problem is that the site grows and is very dynamic, hundreds of entries per page with accompanied images not only is an issue for the server and bandwith, but also the readers on a slower connection can have a problem loading up such a long page.

17. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    Ok, i understand. Thank You!

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    At first i was like "WHERE THE HELL AM I" then i was like "OOOOH this was the thing kept secret NICE" looks really nice to be honest :p clean and back in present ;)

19. Huigie

Huigie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Love it!

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Just because something is made to be easy to follow, easy on the eyes, and straightforward, does not mean it's amateur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.