1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird settings changing for Fan Speed controls

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Remobeater, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Remobeater

Remobeater New Member

GPU:
    Zotac/GTX275/896mb
    Hey all,

I have a GTX 275 graphics card with windows 7 and i7 860 processor. I've had rivatuner for awhile and I've always had issues with the fan control. I think its damaged the GPU enough that I've had to slowly lower my overclock down from about a year ago.

My issues are with the fan controls. I've changed the power user settings so that the auto fan speed control can be changed. I've found nice settings for them, but they don't stay. When I open up furmark, it will heat up and usually start up the rule as it should. If I close out of low-level system tweeks and enter back in, the control rule inherits some random numbers. Past couple of times its been overprotective, but it keeps the fan at 80-100% at idle. When I go and apply a new control rule, it will immediately drop to the minimum 40% duty cycle and ignore what it should be doing until I run a program again. Other times, I'll be playing a game and the graphics card driver will shutoff mid-game. I'll look at rivatuner and the fan was running on 45% duty and the Tmin will be set to like 65 or 70 something. Has anyone had this problem? Maybe I can go into the BIOS somehow and change it, it seems as there is a conflict somewhere. Perhaps there are some other Power user setting I need to change?

Its really annoying, I don't want to have to manually set my fan to fixed 85% everytime I want to play a video game.

Can anyone help? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ian

2. Elysianarcane

Elysianarcane Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6620G 512MB
    try opening the GPU heatsink and clearing it of dust and debre

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Try Afterburner

4. Remobeater

Remobeater New Member

GPU:
    Zotac/GTX275/896mb
    Thanks, I'll give out Afterburner a try. I've dusted out the CPU and GPU as well.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011