Weird graphical issue with shaking objects and camera and flashing shadows

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MJ3080, Apr 12, 2021.

1. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hi guys

I have had some weird issues with multiple games
    - Shaking objects and clothes especially on main character and NPCs.
    - Shaking camera when above happens
    - flashing lights and shadows, which I think is somehow related to above issues
    I have tried everything, including fresh windows on a new drive, trying multiple GPU drivers and motherboard bios, tried another GPU, overclock/underclock, tried disabling drivers and as much as possible, clean reboot, nothing can fix or even change how the issues look like.

System is Ryzen 5600x/RTX 3080/B550 Rog Strix gamin-f wifi/ 2x8 crucial 3600cl16
    I am out of ideas and don't know what to do next, happy to try other debugging steps. Thoughts?
    Links to videos below

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    looks like bad card to me.

3. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have checked it with multiple benchmark tools, Unigine, 3DMark, OCCT etc and cold not identify a single error. Tries under clocking gpu core and memory, issue remained exaclty the same. and finally tested it with a 1080 and found no difference,

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Are you forcing any settings through the nvidia control panel?

5. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Nothing that I know of but I have tried every single setting and nothing can change how the issues looks like. The driver is now freshly installed after DDU and settings are Nvidia default.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Just as something to test, select the specific game to test in the nvidia control panel and for Anistropic filtering and Antiailising mode select Application-controlled.

7. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Never played any of those games yet, so I can't be sure. Could be related to aspect ratio. Try out a regular ratio of 16:10, and see if the issue still occurs.

8. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Didn't work

9. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Confirming they are application controlled, looks like nothing from Nvidia setting can fix or change issue

10. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The frequency and pattern of this issue happening is the same in all games, something is telling me it is generated somewhere on the motherboard, or the CPU or a bad driver.
    Adding to above, It never happened in games such as Control, Metro Exodus and RDR II,

11. CrunchyBiscuit

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Two cards with the same issue? So weird. Do you have a secondary display or monitor connected? Are you using custom resolutions? Did you try enabling/disabling GPU scaling? Are you using digital audio through your graphics card? I never really saw anything like this before. Good luck figuring it out!

12. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Both cards have the exact same issue, I even tried a wireless display and it was the same. Changing resolution or scaling didn't help. There is absolutely no setting that can affect this issue. I reached out to Asus to see what they think but I doubt they can comment on this.
    What do you think my next step should be? getting a new motherboard?

13. CrunchyBiscuit

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Yes, that's probably what I'd do, but only after making absolutely sure it's not the games' fault. Did you see those games running on other systems as well? Try looking up some gameplay footage.

This is an interesting issue. Keep us updated for science!

MJ3080 likes this.
  14. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yes I've had at least one of them on my laptop which was issue free. Others are also popular games with lots of footage available on youtube

15. MJ3080

MJ3080 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I haven't tries another PSU, however I lowered the settings and limited fps to minimize load on the PSU and nothing changed. Plus it responds well to all the heavy graphical benchmarks and stress tests like Furmark and Unigine.
    Are you aware of similar things happening because of a bad PSU?

16. CrunchyBiscuit

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Well, I guess it COULD be the PSU, but I've seen quite a lot of PSU related problems, yet never one that looks like what you're witnessing. Then again, it's a pretty odd issue, so I guess it could be anything.

Might be easier to test out another PSU first, before you try replacing the motherboard. Good luck!

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    Try different cable.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Just throwing this out here but make sure you have the newest AMD chipset drivers installed.

And you are 100 % sure nothing else is running while you're playing?
    Including any possible helper services for monitoring software and the like?

Hardware problem is very much possible but could be software related too.

Grab a screenshot from your task manager open apps and processes and post here.

MJ3080 and DirtyMiners like this.
  19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    cleaned drivers with DDU in safe mode, reinstall them in normal mode and then test a game without changing a single setting in the control panel.

also uninstall gpu apps like MSI AB and delete the profiles to make sure nothing else is trying to hook the game.

DirtyMiners and AsiJu like this.
  20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    DDU has a setting that prevents windows update from installing a driver so no need to disable internet.

MJ3080 likes this.