Weddinfhelp ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by IchimA, Feb 11, 2011.

1. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    Wedding help ?

Ok quys .. I have decided that life is to short ... have to get married :( As of now I want to make my own invitations ... Can you recommend me a good program to do this ? Or can you give me some word templates ? I should mention that I have already called my friend - "google" .. but the first 3 pages are absolut bullsh ... all the programs and templates look like F***-'98. My mind is set on a nice marginal template ... i insert a picture of me on a side , a pic of a bride on the other side ... get them to background and text over it ! ... but I need a good template ... Only program I know how to use is WORD ... on Painshop I am complete noob !...

Please help a fellow to become slave !

Also is there a posib that I can buy paper already with prints on it ? Maybe it will be easier . If so , from where ? If a compatriot from Romania has some info ... please give it to me !

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    no one : ( ...

3. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    LOL@painshop thats a crackin name for it. It causes all kinds of trouble for me.

4. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Why don't you just have em made for you? costs more but it'll be worth it

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Congrats!
    Getting wed is a serious bussines and everyone wants all the best of it.
    However so many details can give headache and cause serious trauma :)
    What i did was to find some nice fonts,hints MAC Os X fonts...some nice rugged paper i choose green and print the invitations myself and my wife
    I really made them simple and really everyone liked them...same invitation served as an envelope / note for everyone´s seat
    I printed on the paper plied the paper on half ,printed on the other half name and seat number and then glued the paper as an envelope
    Try to disassemble an envelope and you´ll get the ideea really quick.
    I tried to keep as simple ,but using high end printer and good paper/ink
    Result was something worthy and also i did´t spent a fortune ,because in Romania once you announce you ´ll be married ,everyone starts to ripp you off.

Casa de piatra!

:banana::banana::banana:

6. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    Thank you ! ... Well they are not really expansive ... the invitations but I want to make them so I feel more involved ! ... If you know what I mean. I want to make something for me . . . As I already have a nice laser printer that should last around 3000 pages ... but I only have around 120 persons ... so If I am corect making invitations by myself should not take me more than one week.

P.s. I wanted to say Photoshop ! ...

also anticupidon ... merci pentru urari ... I want to make enevelopes and invitations ! :D

7. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why get married? After the first kid she'll more then likely gain 50-100lbs and get lazy and make your life a living hell with her nagging. jk jk... :D

8. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    I know ! ... but this is the way of life ! ... thouse are exactly my thoughts ! :( trust me ! ... she already large ! ... hope she wont get any more !:D

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Sounds like you have it sorted then, hope everything works out for you and all the best to you and your soon-to-be wife :)

10. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    Thank you jeremmy .. but I STILL NEED A GOOD PROGRAM !!!! That can help me make the invitations ! .... None of you has expericente wih that ?

CALLING ALL GURUS

11. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    hear the sucking sound that's all the money you ever made disappearing in front of your eyes have a good day :)

12. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    dude ! ... what is with that comment ? Wedding is not a bussiness ... it's meant to be fun ! I want to get involved as much as I can ...

13. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    Vapor-X HD5770 1GB X-fire
    Don't know if you are still looking for help, but when my wife and I were getting married we tried to do as much by ourselves as possible. I got wedding invitations for 10.00 per 250 from a local store. We took a picture to use as a backdrop, and then I used Photoshop to edit it and add the text of the invite. All the response cards that needed the invitee's names I did in MS Word through a mail merge of the guest list since they were text only. I printed them all on my photo inkjet. The ink was probably the most expensive part of the whole thing.

14. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Just use Paint.Net if you want a free alternative to Photoshop.

deltatux

15. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    Vapor-X HD5770 1GB X-fire
    Very true, Delta. You could use a variety of drawing or painting programs other than that depending on your needs. GIMP is another I use at work. We had PS CS2 already at home, so we just sued what we had.