we could live for centuries...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by masterchiefx2, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Personally, i don't think we'll ever develop the technology to take a man further than Mars.

2. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I could be 600 year old and date a 200 y/o ?????

3. Passion Fruit

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Imagine that... instead of 17 year olds seeing 40 year olds, you'd have 17 year olds seeing 200 year olds... :puke2:

4. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Lol peedo :p

5. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Personally, I don't see that living forever would be such a fantastic idea... Whether we're living in space or not. The advantages for this type of technology would defiantly be for long distance space travel. Whether in artificial comas or not, the ability to send scientists/miners or whoever, billions of miles to work on other planets will be amazing. Even using it for prisoners, sending them to a prison colony on another planet or whatever will be awesome!

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Your plan is flawed if they have to travel for millions of years to reach somewhere to mine etc.. chances are humans will be extinct when ya get back with the goodies.

7. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    it would b boring to live for 1000years

8. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    It would in aberdeen with that barbie guy ;)

9. kid-goku

kid-goku Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 4890
    sounds tempting but u'd prolly want to kill urself after living for 1000 years

10. Passion Fruit

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Normal human lifetime is enough for me thanks.

I didnt choose to be born in the first place, id rather not live for longer than im meant to ;)

11. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    What's the difference between this and other more traditional medicine ? it's not against god's will, we would still die eventually when the carbon that makes us becomes unstable

12. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Your response is flawed there, for one... Here's some math...

The speed of light is about 186,000 miles per second.

100,000 mph is 100,000/3600 mps. or 28 mps.

That means the ratio of how long it takes light to reach an object is 186,000/28 or 6643. So, at this speed, for every light year of distance, it would take us 6643 years to travel that far. So, to Alpha Centauri (The closest protoplanetary system to us), it would take nearly more than 25,000 years to travel there at 100,000 mph.

So it would take a very long time, but not millions of years... You're also looking at things in a realistic sense, seeing as living forever with nanomites is still speculation, this is all just conjecture and it is likely that there will be faster forms of space travel around by the time anything like this is reality anyway :nerd:

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Im crap at maths but yeh u need **** lot of energy to hit 100000mph

14. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    So I am, but Google knows all :D lol

15. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    People are not understanding, they way evolution works.

The fact that we could travel FASTER then the speed of light sounds impossible, but it's exactly what's impossible that the human has always been able to overcome.

Planet cannot be a round, it's IMPOSSIBLE
    Man can't walk on the moon, it's IMPOSSIBLE

So what's next? you can't turn iron into gold, that's IMPOSSIBLE ?
    You can't go Faster then the speed of light that's IMPOSSIBLE ?

One thing's for sure, many things we though impossible today, will be something common in 25 years! World records will keep getting beaten and stuff will keep getting invented

16. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    That's not exactly correct... I don't have the time to go into why, but yeah...

17. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Yeh but going faster than speed of light is the one thing that is totally impossible!!

you would need infintie mass to reach 99.9% the speed of light and you would rip the universe apart.

18. Luvabud

Luvabud Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I think they broke the barrier with a partical accelerator and it's possible they could go twice the speed in theory, I was alittle bit drunk when I watched it so I'm not sure. But for a man to go that fast is a bit yer right.

19. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Think of the changes over the last 50 years, we have gone from a maximum of a 12" Fat Screen TV to a 108" Plasma Screen...

Things that were impossible become possible due to the only energy source in the world that will never run out, the human brain. !

In theory time travel is possible, but alas I hastly add I do not recon it will hapen due to the barriers which will need to be overcome to accomplish this.

But as we all know, great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

It is all theory at the moment in this the thought of us being able to extend our live seems a bit to good to be true, and although it would have benefits it would have it's drawbacks, as no evidence of any signs of extending life has been proven as such on humans, I can only say it as I see it and it is theory currently and I am a person who believes actions speak louder that words, so until proven I will never be 100% sure. !

20. Mega

Mega Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    The average speed say a moon lander could go is like 3017 mph it would take it 731,635 light years to get there you would have died 11,255 times over if you lived up to 65 years old or run out of resource before you ever got close to living the reminder of your life I mean even started living your life for the duration of the trip. Not to mention you be fried chrispy chicken when you pass 400km into the deadly high partical charge belts. They even have to shut off satellites going into this region.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009