We are pc gamers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Jan 16, 2009.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    The first computer i gamed on.

[​IMG]

black n white with atari 2600 like graphics if not worse. lol
    that big orange/red button is the reset switch, so who thinks they had it rough now? lol

2. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Model III with Level 1 ROM, 8k RAM sold for US$799. Model III with Level 2 ROM, 16k RAM sold for $999. The first floppy drive cost $849, and could store 168k. Hooolllyy ****t!!! Floppy drive for 849 dollars. Now those are killer prices. Though that PC can run Crysis on MAX:D

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    :leave:

4. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Why is "Rape Sux" written on a wall? Oh wait, it sux:D

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    maybe the guy in the picture's room? and he had some uhm...intrusions by mean men if you will.

6. tommyg86

tommyg86 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 6870

Not entirely true, I've always loved pc gaming but never really had enough money to build a rig and realy get into it until games like FEAR, Bioshock came out. Now I do. COD4 rules!

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    Been a PC Gamer for long time as i can remember....... i own a couple of consoles and i play the games that are not on the PC......thats about it. But truly my PC Games are by far the most that i have......

Also the people over at this forum are the most understanding and intelligent in their own ways from all the other forums i've visited.

8. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i started on a 386 :D

9. Spongebong

Spongebong Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX980 SC
    First computer was an Atari 800XL ,first upgrade I did was installing the Happy Chip into my Atari 1050 disk drive.:nerd:

10. kaazz

kaazz Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GT 512mb
    There are a few people who thinks games are for kids, well it's half true. Mario or such are for kids, Lego, dolls, but the modern games are way out of reach. The modern games have been drastically improved, and I'm sure, if someone will shut the **** up for a second and watch Crysis, or Fallout 3, or COD on an 22" inch, will **** bricks.
    Sorry for the arrogance. :/

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    way before Windows 3.1 even, i'm all for the PC but what consoles offer is not bad really and as i said once before consoles complement PC's it doesn't have to be "only consoles" or only PC it can be both and it's fun.

personally i'd love to see a boxing game ported to the PC, i'm kinda tired of playing 4D-Boxing. :D

[​IMG]

12. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    started playng in a zx spectrum 48k

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I realy started around the p4 time like when xp came out i think then again i'm young.

14. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Anybody here remember this??

[​IMG]

Played it on my Peacock 8088 XT 9.17Mhz in amber monochrome. That, Pitfall, Alley Cats = awesome at the time!!!

15. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    ASCII graphics FTW!
    I had a few 3.5" 720KB DDdisks (which was pretty modern at the time) with more than 50 of those games per floppy :D

Ah, I feel old now...

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i prefer sprites :) i used to draw them myself too lol

anyone remember this ?

[​IMG]

17. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Is that Sokoban??

18. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    It looks to me that Cybermaster is being held captive by terrorists & is being tortured to play video games 24/7 until his mind finally breaks, cant quite tell if its a cave in Pakistan or in Irak. Poor bloke may have been repeatedly raped due to writing on the wall. We should form a band of commandos & rescue him, anyone got a spare chopper & a few sniper rifles laying about? With our vast exp. of commando gaming skills it should be as easy as level 1 difficulty. Dont forget the night goggles and some explosive shells...

19. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    I love PC gaming, but theres one thing that annoyes me (not only with pc games, but with games in general): take a look at games from 10 years ago and today - whats the difference? Graphics - its the only big difference! Compare first Hitman to Blood Money, TESII Daggerfall and TESIV Oblivion, first Tomb Raider and latest one... Graphics are awsome of course in new titles but i remember what i thought when i saw first tombraider: if they can do such things now think about games in ten years! More than ten years has passed and all they can do is better graphics :/ There is no innovation in ways games tells the story and shows its worlds to us. And the only thing they can come with to make their games more serious is more blood and more swearing. That way there will always be people saying that games are for children.
    But other than that - long live pc gaming! :D

20. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Looked more like a basement to me... Damn I keep losing my night vision goggles all the time and my friend just borrowed the sniper rifle.