We are pc gamers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    You know, I am so happy that there is a forum like this. A forum of hardcore pc gamers, who understand hardware, software, and who has been here since Windows 3.1. There are a lot of casual gamers now that don't understand the culture and beauty of pc gaming. I know this sounds like a blog but I just wanted to thank you all for being true pc gamers.

2. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    My first PC was only DOS & my very first PC game was ping-pong. Call Of Duty 4 sure blows that game away..........LOL! Yea, things have come a long ways, im feeling very old right now.............

3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Ditto ... here well said, Hardcore PC gamer since, well since pong I believe it was called.
    But be careful there are people on this forum that believe such a post is frivolous and a way of bumping up your posts!
    Use caution

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    [​IMG]

We are Hardcore Gamers For Life! :D

5. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Commander Keen anyone? Good times....

6. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    We are the future and present IT and software engineer workers. We understand how hardware works, how software works, how mods work. We have always been. While casual gamers began with call of duty 4 and half life 2, we began with Commander Keen, Prince of persia 1, half life 1, cs beta... We will always be the best gamers and the best college majors alive.. PC GAMERS represent. :)

7. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Any one remember the game shadow of the beast... i know it was on the Amiga but still... it wasn't a console :D . Oh ands its very successfull sequal......

8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Ah yes, PC gaming forever. Ever since tetris ASCII style, damn I was addicted. After that, Prince of Persia, Lemmings, Commander Keen etc.

9. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Commander Keen, geez that brings back memories...

I remember being so excited when I got it working on my 286!

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition

11. jumjumski

jumjumski Member Guru

GPU:
    mobility 4570
    dont forget Blackthorn :p

12. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dude, there's a Nintendo there :3eyes:

Njeah anyway. I don't see the fascination with consoles. They lack most of the things I like the most about PC gaming. As long as I play games, I will do it on a PC. Though I can add that the PC is not all about games for me. Hardware and technology in general are my biggest interests.

13. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Yes, we are the glorious PC gaming master race! Seriously though, consoles have their place but it's damn annoying when ignorant console kiddies jizz in their pants for nothing. Can't wait for inevtiable PC games are dying, PCs suck, etc when the next generation of consoles appear. Meh.

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    easy there, PCgamers say the same types of things and "jizz" thier pants for nothing as well. My ps3 sits right next to my PC on the same monitor...it proves theres room for both and can get along just fine.

15. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Hahahahaha! You clearly don't read half of what gets thrown about on here.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ still nothing compared to some forums. God I feel embarassed for humanity when you see the kinda stuff thats posted elsewhere.

And I just want to say for the record that this forum absoultely and completely kicks phukin @SSSSSSS

17. KillaMachine

KillaMachine Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX plus
    My first pc was Commmodore 64. I used to get games on a damn Audio Cassette. Then a miracle happened a Floppy drive was launched for Commodore 64 where we didnt have to wait for hours for the game to load. I was so happy to run prince of persia on my first XT machine.

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    agreed, alot of forums are dead or nearly so and some places like Anandtech is so over saturated that most of my question posts go unanswered, its also hard to find your posts and who responded...etc. like yours just gets buried and lost so quickly.

but this forum is my favorite, definitly has a near "family" like feel among members.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ agreed.. and not only that, but people here on Guru3d are for the most part all very friendly AND helpful, which is rare in today's web. Seems like the majority of places is arguing, bitching, and people trying to elongate their e-peen to everyone.

I hope I never live to see the day that this site goes away.

20. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    My first Windows was XP Home, so tha means I ain't no hardcore gamer. But the first game I played was Prehistorik on I don't remember what.