We ARE Getting FSR/Driver Support for God Of War Coming to PC (Update)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  2. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    You are asking a question that no one can answer for you

3. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Member Guru

Dlss is better anyway.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  4. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Not if someone cannot buy the card. Anyway...

AMD – The Exclusive PC Partner of Halo Infinite

RTG is already working with 343 in getting support ready for Halo Infinite. I guess I'm not satisfied until we get it for all console ported games.

Although an AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Halo Infinite Limited Edition graphics card will be one of a kind. I wonder what that will sell for? But I digress....
    :cool:

Any hoot, I hope the RTG can jump on current developments over at Santa Monica Studioand right the ship with developer relations.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    More people can use fsr.

6. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    This isn't RTGs forums and they don't read these either so asking for them to do so here won't ever be heard. If you want them to look into it you need to head to AMDs sites

7. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Well look at you, panties in a bunch and all the dramatic effects.
    This is the AMD Driver forum. The discussion about getting driver support for a announced console port game is par for the course. Even though you "feel" otherwise.
    FYI, I don't post solely based on how you feel.

This thread has brought awareness to a PS exclusive that hasn't seen the light of day on PC until now (4 years). Anyone interested in playing this game using a Radeon card would be interested in FSR and other Radeon driver support.

In other words it's not just a discussion limited to what you suggest. And, I believe you weren't aware of this predicament until you read this thread.

8. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    This is a third party community forum. You want official fsr support for a game you need to raise it to AMD because they won't ever read this

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Remember PS4 and PS5 both use AMD APU's containing AMD x86 CPU and GPU. The PS5 actually has RDNA2 GPU around the same performance as a 6600-6700XT. It would insane to think it wouldn't perform well on AMD card.

DLSS or FSR would be required to run the game with ray tracing.

10. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    This is the AMD Driver forum discussing driver support for a particular pc game. It has the potential of over 400 (and rising) who viewed this that can make that a reality. Again, this thread has brought awareness to the situation. But since you have nothing else to contribute it's clear that your parroted argument is muted.
    :cool:

It's an odd one indeed. AMD does have good developer relations with Sony. It's assumed that this is coming directly from the developer. Developers do have the freedom within Sony to make these kind of decisions. However, it will be interesting to see if these features change before the end of the year.

11. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    game depends :)

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I suspect that when a game is exclusively DLSS only, the game dev had been paid off with a nice wad of money to stay exclusive to nVidia tech. It's when a game has both DLSS and FSR that is of interest to me that I will buy. Call of Duty Vanguard has two things going for it that I like, SP Campaign mode and FSR....which is why I'll pre-order it soon.

When a game supports just one vendor's proprietary tech that is limited to just two iterations of cards (leaving older cards - GTX range - in the dust with no optimization for gaming performance), I'd show my disdain by NOT buying the game, much like BF2042 has DLSS only, but honestly, it's not the main reason why I'd not be buying the game. it's mainly due to lack of Campaign mode. Actually, I'm pretty glad that BF2042 does not have Campaign, it saves me money, and has made my decision to NOT buy it so much easier.

As for God of War, well, I'd not be surprised that it stays a DLSS only game, nVidia does have plenty of cash to throw around to ensure that game dev stay DLSS only.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  13. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Thanks, I won't be buying the game if there is no Radeon support.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sell your pc, consoles always support amd.

15. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm having to much fun in Valhalla, Far Cry 6 and COD...:cool:

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    do you play games cause they're amd sponsored only ?

frankly,as much as I see there was a lot of effort put into valhalla,it's not being put where it's supposed to be put.
    the missions are so god damn incredibly repetitive that the second half of the game is almost excruciating to play through.
    and that is precisely because dlss is better.
    fsr is free cause it pretty much has to be.

and btw "more people" is pretty vague.
    more gpus,certainly.but dlss is supported in 122 games,as of recently.and I don't think that included GoW since I found it in Onna's thread bout two weeks ago.

if you have a new gen card,you are much better off with dlss.better image quality and a lot more titles,including triple A's.

imo we should ideally get support for both.and amd should really take the initiative.a 3060 user should have a flawless experience running any new game at 1440p with dlssq,while most 6600 buyers without fsr would struggle in new games at that resolution.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    GoldenTiger likes this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Quite the opposite. I play games that do not cause harm to the immersion as intended by the developer. It doesn't have to be a AMD Sponsored game. But it must be a game that is optimized for my video card. Personally, I don't think that's asking for much. And it's a reasonable expectation when a organization/company wants me to buy their product.

In the past I've played games that were specifically designed against the video card I use. Instead of it being lack luster it became a bug ridden mess. Something I won't buy again moving forward.

I disagree. If you have a new gen card you shouldn't need to lower the resolution in order to play the game as intended. That's the whole point of why we upgrade our GPUs. Unless the upgrade path has such a lower improve frame rate you still have to lower the resolution in order to play the game. In such case(s) why are you buying that video card if not out of blind loyalty.

Which creates a question for me. Who in their right mind buys a current gen video card to replace a last gen video card just to use an upscaler? When the upscaler could still be used on the last gen card. I personally couldn't see such of an endevor. Perhaps I'm getting older and the level of mental gymnastics to justify such a thought process eludes me. ;)

Now if you talking about an open standard then to each his/her own.

18. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    agree to a large extent,but imo if dlss 2.+ is available then it's just a waste not to use it.certainly better to have the option.and not all new cards are created equal.3080/6800xt are packing a lot of power,but my 3060ti is no 3080/6800xt.it's fine for 1440/60 at the very least,but if I have the option to boost that up to 75-80 then im absolutely gonna

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I found it funny how nvidia user make dlss requirement necessary to play games otherwise its no good.

And you still going with that better quality nonsense? You cant do better than native.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  20. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    For me, I would have to ask myself why I upgraded to a card that still needs an upscaler when I could have saved up a bit more to get a video card that doesn't require it. I think we need to go back to why we upgrade. It's done to get a substantial improvement in IQ and FPS.

Upscalers are, IMO, specifically targeted and designed for lower end video cards. Helping them obtain frames rates they otherwise couldn't obtain on their own at the cost of IQ at resolutions higher then 1080p. Let be honest if you upgrade a video card to use an upscaler at 1080p...mistakes were made. These upscalers (in hindsight) mostly reduce the vram buffer required otherwise.

This isn't a problem with Radeon Video Cards because they've alleviated vram issues by increasing it (on their higher tier cards). Their competitor on the other hand...a different story (when performant matrices have been achieved) . So again, when you have the insight and knowledge to know this you make a video card purchase based on that. But I digress in my own opinion though.
    :p

moo100times and Undying like this.