WDDM 3.0 Support for AMD GPUs is now available!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Romulus_ut3, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    I have upgraded to the Windows 11 Dev Branch Build 22454.1000 today, and upon installing it updated my GPU drivers to version 30.0.13015.1002 (which GPU-Z detects as Adrenaline 21.30.15.01 Beta) and to my surprise, it has WDDM 3.0 support!

[​IMG]My apologies if this has been a thing for awhile now, as I was not using the Dev Branch before.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    The Creator and DanielRX like this.
  3. s3ruX

s3ruX Member

GPU:
    RX 470(4GB)
    Yeah but is causing alot of trouble... in less then 5 hours i have to reinstall the driver 3 times it disable the gpu in the middle of the gameplay yes the gpu driver is (disabled) in task manager never see that crap before lol. revert to any Adrenaline and everything is ok. windows 22454.1000

4. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    22454.1000 has a lot of issues, I'm on beta release with the UWP driver on my 6800XT and I have 0 zero crashes or issues

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    no issues here with the driver and lastest win 11 dev build.

did you install correctly the UWP software driver, then crash defender driver, then display driver?

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  6. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    I am on Windows 11 Dev Branch Build 22454.1000 as well, and I am happy to say that I have zero issues. I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 4 and Resident Evil Village without any issues whatsoever.

7. ZiggyPuttar

ZiggyPuttar New Member

GPU:
    RADEON RX 570 4GB

8. ZiggyPuttar

ZiggyPuttar New Member

GPU:
    RADEON RX 570 4GB
    windows 11 has automatically updated my AMD Radeon GPU drivers to version 30.0.13015.1002, and installed the command center from Microsoft store, but now I am unable to use Radeon relive, and other features which come natively in AMD graphics driver command center which we install from their website, does anyone have any idea how can i use Radeon relive in windows 11

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    Go to group policy editor --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Windows Update --> Manage updates offered from Windows --> Do not include drivers with Windows Update --> Enabled

After that with DDU delete the current AMD driver, and download the latest available driver. In my case, nothing worked due to Win 11 update overwriting the driver with windows update one which broke this functionality.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    I had a Dota 2 match a little while ago where my screen just went black. Dota 2 was still running, and I could alt-tab out and back into it (based on sound). Hot-plugging my display didn't help. Did a hard-reset to fix it. Never saw this happen before ever with any driver.

I was running Dota 2 in Vulkan mode with exclusive fullscreen at 4K with FSR enabled. I have a RX 580, Windows 10, and 30.0.13015.1002 UWP drivers.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Download AMD driver 21.8.2 https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-21-8-2-driver-download.html
    these drivers are meant for Win 10 but they still work on Win 11.

Download DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Extract DDU to your desktop

Open DDU and go to the options menu

Make sure these two settings are TICKED

ddu2.png

Now close DDU and open it again, you will get this message

ddu1.png

Select SAFE MODE from the drop down box and hit launch in the bottom left.

Your PC will now reboot into safe mode automatically and DDU will open on its own

You will see this screen

ddu3.png

1 select GPU from the drop down list and make sure AMD is selected
    2 click on the top option to clean and restart

DDU will now uninstall your GPU drivers and software and reboot back into normal mode for you.

Once your PC has rebooted you may notice your resolution is different or your other monitors are not working if you have any, this is normal don't worry.

Now you can install the latest official AMD drivers 21.8.2 that you downloaded earlier and you will have the full software suite :)