Ways to earn money on the side

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Doug, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I always run out of money well before the end of the month (stupid rent and bills and alcohol and nicotine), and im not a big fan of it.

I need a way i can earn some extra cash just to help me out.

im very lazy and dont have a full drivers license so something behind me keyboard at home would be ideal.

I've thought of selling something on eBay en masse but not sure what would sell and be cheap to aquire. Also considered doing local PC repairs but the lack of a car kinda hinders that.

What do you guys do, if anything? Or any ideas?

Ta much :)

PS: open to illegal activities but dont tell anyone :x

2. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    You're just begging for someone to tell you to sell drugs or stolen goods -_-

3. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    negative, i had to edit the post to add that last part, legal ways mucho prefered-o!

4. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    Sperm/blood donations.

5. Rancoor

Rancoor Banned

GPU:
    y...
    pssst, I have a secret link to a secret site that will offer ya secret deal for mucho pesos.
    what ya say boy?

6. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Well without a car you are limited to either hooking or dealing.

Aww I'm too slow.

7. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Other Ways....:eyebrows:

:eyebrows:

8. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Seriously though, have you tried the temp agencies for data entry jobs you can do at home?

9. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    if there were an easy way to make a buck then everyone would be doing it.....

i`d mule a large quanity of cocaine and with the money you get from that invest it wisely so you make annual gain....( not now though, the economy is a bit fooked)

10. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ive never heard of that?

11. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    not necessarily, majority of people (adults) earn enough to live on and cant be arsed with anything else in their evenings, or dont even think about. i earn enough to pay all the things i need to pay etc.. but i want more for luxuries aka pc upgrades cameras clothes

i think ebay is a good way to go, but what to sell :bang:

12. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
  13. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000
    Spend your spare time learning something and then do that freelance?

I'm a full time web designer but when I'm running low on cash (quite often!) I look for freelance work :)

14. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    lol thank you for putting a job-search site in my work pc's history! :p

i need to stay in this job for a while anyway, just looking for something to give me maybe £50-100 per month extra

this is something ive looked into and am really interested in, i do web work here at work but i doubt im good enough to do what people would want of me being freelance, plus would have no clue what to charge!

15. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080

Ask for a raise ?

16. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    not really possible, im an apprentice and i already get triple or quadruple what alot of apprentices get, i need to stay in this job to finish off getting the qualifications before i can move on (if i move on)

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Start making web pages to people.

Ask around, friends, etc.

Or start fixing other peoples PC's and try to make some cash.

18. russ_tkd

russ_tkd Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512mb/47" Sharp
    Well for starters a) quit the smoking, b) quit the alcohol, you will see much more disposable income for cool things like pc upgrades and clothing.

"im very lazy and dont have a full drivers license" - well with the extra money saved from not smoking and drinking, you could get a full drivers license.

"but i doubt im good enough to do what people would want of me being freelance, plus would have no clue what to charge!" - ok, so lets just dismiss that altogether. Do you think Eat The Rich had that same thought process as you when he started doing web work ? or do you think he got off of his arse and learned what to do to better his position.

See its all about choice, you currently spend money in silly ways that could be going towards you achieving the goals you set out here, but for each goal theres an obstacle, manufactured by yourself. Now your looking for someone to come up with an idea to solve your issue, an extension of your lazyness.

Its all about personal responsibility. The choices we make and the lifestyles they lead to.

19. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    That's some nice suggestions, that's what I live my life like. But then again not everybody is like that

20. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970

i tried quitting smoking a few times and it didnt really work, alcohol i cant go without, cant imagine going out with friends/girlfriend and not having a few :eek:

besides the booze and cigs are the thing that eats the least of my money, rent and bills are the killer, and i enjoy the booze and cigs and not a lot else!

i just want a smidge more to buy the other stuff and/or not have to be constantly checking my bank and working out how much i have left for stuff.

im not really looking for someone to coem up with a solution because im too lazy, just wanted to see what suggestions people had and to see what other people do for cash aside from their 9-5 job

and i am learning more about web design etc, its all part of my apprenticeship :) just saying im not ready for freelance stuff yet so its not an immediate option to me