Watercooling kits for GPU

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Manu2009, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Manu2009

Manu2009 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Hey guys,

I wondered if they make any watercooling kits like the hydro series from Corsair for GPU ? Any announcement made yet ?

Thx

2. raif

raif Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 980
    not that im aware of. most people decide to cool their CPUs first, then their gpus. just make a custom water loop, not that hard to make. also can be quite cheap if you want it to be.

3. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire "6970" 980/1400
    There have been some prebuilt special cards that had water cooling built in, but I don't know if that's been done since the nvidia 7k series, and that was an aftermarket non reference card. As far as a 3rd party selling a GPU liquid cooler - they SHOULD make some.

I ended up going full water on my main system, but I wouldn't mind something cheaper and simpler like that for my nvidia machine. I've seen people mod H70's and such to fit onto cards and it worked pretty well, but I don't think there are any premade specifically for that.

Let me know if you find something!

4. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    why bother, go custom.

5. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
  6. Manu2009

Manu2009 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    It is exactly what I was looking for. However, I'd like to buy the kit seperated. I guess I'll wait a bit and see if other compagnies start making them for different card model. I never built a full water cooling set up and I don't have the time and energy for that. That's why I think those kit are made for me ! :)

7. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    time and energy, wut? full custom loop, 360 rad , ek res, ek pump, ek supreme block for gpu and heatkiller for cpu, total time setting up 1.5 hrs max.

All these pre made 'water' cooling kits are crap, usually have a 120 rad or 'double thick!!1!' rad, useless. The pipes are usually 6mm and the pumps are worthless, not to mention the pre supplied 'silent' (looking at you corsair) fans are loud and have crappy air pressure even at full tilt.

I have used a bunch and they are all pants compared to the setup I got, just to add my entire setup doesnt cost much more than it would cost for a prefab unit for cpu and another for gpu, I can almost bet mine would be cheaper thinking about it.

If you get prebuilt crap you will only be wishing you put your money on custom or really high end air solutions.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dave is right.
    Also with wc kits some of the components are good but there will always be a bad quality component in there somewhere a *kink in the armour* that lets the whole package down,do it properly and go custom and you will reap the benefits,remember a good wc setup go's with you from rig to rig and is a good investment,kinda future proof,pumps,rads,res, tubing(primochill) go with you, only need to buy new blocks.

9. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Not all kits!

I got a EK H30 Supreme HF Advanced 360 (nickel) kit, and customized it a bit and it has no real downfalls. It's a perfect kit IMO.

10. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    that pretty much is a full custom set up packaged together tho lol, great kit almost went for it myself :)

11. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Hehe yeah, it really is. It had everything I wanted, and I just added a couple parts myself. For $280 it is a great kit, and worth it. I put my H70 on my secondary rig recently after setting it up. My temps are amazing on main rig. It also looks beautiful in the 800D with the acid green UV tubing and UV green fans. I love it.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Not saying it will but watch your water with the tubing,it may turn the water murky after a bit,all tubing is like this except primochill(even Tygon/Masterkleer tubing had this problem at one point sometime back)apart from that i see no problem with the EK kits apart from also combined pumps/reservoirs,the vibration over a long period of time can make the res eventually leak,happened to a mate of mine,which ****ed up some of his hardware which was kinda old anyhow so didnt matter,but i dont like combos for this reason.

EK kits do look a lot better than those mediocre coolers from corsair though,custom is still the best way and only way for myself.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  13. Manu2009

Manu2009 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Well my i5 2500k 4.5ghz is doing fine with max temps of 71 degres with the H50. I wouldn't call it crap. Yes it's not a custom water cooling kit but it's doing the job and well!

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    My girlfriend's i5 2500k 4.8ghz is doing fine with max temps of 77 degrees on a Best Buy-bought Rocketfish cooler. So yeah. The H50's pretty crap.

15. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Don't worry I keep a sharp eye on everything.

Luckily I went with the high end kit, which doesn't have a pump/res combo. I actually replaced the res with a bigger one, but the 360 advanced hf kit comes with separate pump and res. The smaller kits may have the combo pump.

16. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Ehh, the H50 is not "Crap". The corsair hydro coolers are nice if you install it correctly. I guarantee that rocketfish POS won't come CLOSE to a stock H50, let alone an H50 with dual fans. The H60/70/80/100 may be overpriced and lame in some ways, but they do work.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    meh a 2500k at 4.8 77c is just ok. hyperthreading adds 10c per core on a 2600k.

18. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    The rocketfish is a Hyper212 rebranded, compare it to the H50. Cools almost as well at a third of the price.

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    High end cooling is about diminishing returns, always has been.

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Indeed, what the heck is the difference if your CPU sits at 50c (custom water) or 60c (pre-built water one fan) while overclocked, both are perfectly stable. High end custom water loops are starting to go the way of the dodo now that we have cheap and perfectly stable, while easy to install (with warranty, etc) watercooling thanks to Corsair, CoolIT and Antec.

The PNY kit is a sign of what's to come. Easy to use pre-built water cooling for both the GPU and CPU that doesn't take up much space or cost an arm and a leg.

@ Dave -

Will you stop with the nonsense that Corsair fans are loud and don't push a lot of air, it is just the opposite.

@ Original poster:

Check out the CoolIT Omni A.L.C.

http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/products/gpu-coolers/omni-alc-gpu-cooler.html

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011