1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterblock for Gigabyte Aurus 2080ti xtreme waterforce wb 11g

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Raffaele Schiavone, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Raffaele Schiavone

Raffaele Schiavone Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi everyone,

due to the sudden break of my 1080ti, I bought this card: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TAORUSX-WB-11GC#kf
    Unfortunately I have an Asus motherboard with Aura, so I can not control it with the rest of the components; to illuminate it use rgb fusion, but I'm not finding it very well.
    I would like to mount, in place of the original waterblock, another compatible waterblock, which can work with Aura. I really like the Vector of EK, but the card is not listed as compatible, as I can not find any information online. The board is already equipped with waterblock, so I think nobody has been interested in verifying that it was compatible with other waterblocks on the market.
    I wonder if anyone has any idea what the pcb of this card is, and if it is identical or similar to other Gigabytes, compatible the Vector and other waterblocks. I hope someone can help me, because unfortunately Gigabyte does not want to provide any information.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Raffaele

2. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

I would have look on Barrow or Bykski waterblocks, have used both like on GTX1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti

Waterblock for Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce 11G from Barrow is BS-GIX2080T-PA or Bykski N-GV2080TIAORUS-X

Performance of these blocks is very similar to my EK Vector what I tested on Palit RTX 2080Ti, with single 360mm radiator which cools 8086k with 5.2GHz and temperatures on RTX 2080Ti we are seen 42-45°C and we are never seen more than 80°C on 8086k in Asus Realbench stress test or OCCT 4.4.2

RGB does work on these blocks, depending on yours motherboard, I think Bykski using 3pin 5v

Other makers like Phanteks or Heatkiller will be making bl8cks for these GPUs but hard to say when they release them, Bitspower as well

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. Raffaele Schiavone

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi Jura,

I do not know you, but I owe you, because without your message I would never have found a waterblock compatible with this card. From what I read around, the Barrow waterblock should really be compatible and, of the two that you have linked to me, it is what I prefer aesthetically. It is worth buying it to integrate the card with the rest of the system. If you can tell me, I would also like to ask you if there is a Barrow backplate, and if there may be compatibility issues with these too. I know well that there are larger or longer cards, but I do not know if this happens for the same model card, in my case the 2080ti.
    I'd write more, but I'm not entirely sure I'm understandable. I do not speak English very well, so I'm helping with a translator, double-checking the message and correcting gross errors.
    Thank you so much; I really needed this information, which I could not find anywhere else.

Good evening.

Raffaele

4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

No worries there, I would say Bykski or Barrow usually release their blocks fastest than any other water cooling maker

Regarding the backplate, I think you can use stock backplate which I have used on Pascal Aorus Extreme GTX1080Ti with Barrow, recently used Bykski RTX 2080Ti WB as well with Palit RTX 2080Ti OC and used as well stock backplate without the issue

Bykski does make own backplate for RTX 2080Ti and Barrow not sure if does make backplate for RTX 2080Ti, not seen one bit maybe I'm wrong on this but not seen

I have used Bykski or Barrow WB on several builds and been impressed and happy with them and temperatures has been on par with EK, in some cases temperatures has been by 1-3°C higher than with EK

Friend running Palit RTX 2080Ti with 2100MHz with Bykski GPU block and temperatures we are seen 42-45°C with single 360mm radiator

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Just use good TIM like is Noctua NT-H1 or Kryonaut and you should be OK there

I use on GPUs only Noctua NT-H1

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

6. Raffaele Schiavone

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi Jura,

thank you so much!
    It is not very clear to me for the backplate. I could give it a try, or buy one and see if it is actually compatible. I wondered if it was even possible to mount the EK backplate for the 2080ti, or this:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-rtx-backplate-nickel

However, I admit that I would not mind using a single company's backplate and waterblock: Barrow with barrow, or Bykski with Bykski. Unfortunately, the backplates have a certain cost, so I hope to be able to buy one that is definitely compatible.

EK replied to me about the compatibility of the Vector with my card; I was simply told that if I could send him a picture of the pcb, they could tell me if the Vector is compatible or not with my card. The Barrow is really a nice waterblock, but anyway I would be happy to be able to mount the Vector, since I have a system with pump, wb cpu and EK radiators. In case it was not compatible, the Barrow would still be good, however I like it a lot. The only important thing is to find a compatible backplate.
    As for the picture of the pcb, I wanted to ask you if there is a way to find it online, to avoid dismantling the system and card just to photograph it. I exclude that Gigabyte can give me a picture of their pcb.

I confirm what you wrote: Bykski definitely does excellent waterblocks. I had one on my 1080ti, with which I was 30 ° C in game. I can count on two 360 mm x 60 radiators, with a single loop connecting cpu and gpu. The Bykski are really well done, and I think they have nothing to envy to the EK. I think the same applies to Barrow, at least from the pictures I saw online.

Thanks again for all the time you have dedicated to me.

Raffaele

7. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

Regarding the backplate, I don't think EK Vector RTX 2080Ti backplate will fit Barrow or Bykski because they use different screws or mounting, Barrow or Bykski WB can be used with stock backplates which you can't with EK Vector RTX 2080Ti WB

Bykski backplate will fit Barrow WB, just check screws what this backplate using etc

Here are screenshot of PCB which posted Actually Hardcore Overclocking on Gamer Nexus channel

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Only way EK Vector RTX 2080Ti will fit yours Gigabyte Aorus 2080 Ti xtreme waterforce if this block is made for Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme

You need to wait for few weeks or maybe months and then maybe EK or Heatkiller or Phanteks will release their waterblocks for these GPUs

If its worth it to wait, hard to say, I prefer to use Phanteks or Heatkiller WB, on my own loop have only EK and trust me I wouldn't touch them again

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. Raffaele Schiavone

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi Jura!

Thanks again.
    On the EK website it is written explicitly that they do not have plans to create waterblocks specific to my board. I asked about the compatibility of the Vector, sending the picture of the pcb that you have linked, and I have confirmed that it is not compatible, as obviously is not compatible with their backplate.
    Why would you not buy more EK products? Do you think there are products with superior performance at the best price? Surely there is better but, as I have seen, the performance differences between the various models are minimal.
    All right for the waterblock produced by Barrow; between Barrow and Bykski, the first is what I like best. They cost about the same price (90-100 dollars), both orderable only from China, so I will have to wait at least a month for delivery.
    The backplate instead is a problem, because I do not know what to buy, not wanting to leave the original one. At this point the brand is not a problem; the important thing is that it is compatible.
    I am linking a photo of the back of the video card, where you can clearly see how the backplate is made. In addition to the 4 central screws, which fix the gpu, there are 4 other screws, 3 of which are arranged to form a triangle. I know I ask you a lot, but could you help me find one? If you need the backplate measures, I can try to measure it.
    https://videocardz.net/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-11gb-aorus-xtreme-waterforce-wb/

To see the image just go to the bottom of the page and click on "back".

Good day.

Raffaele

9. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

With EK is sometimes like that,if there is enough interest in new blocks they will start to make block for specific block but looks like there is not enough interest in blocks for some specific GPUs

Phanteks making waterblock for yours Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Xtreme Waterforce 11G

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...treme-with-rgb-lighting-chrome-wc-02m-pt.html

Phanteks do makes backplate for their blocks or you can use stock backplate if you wish, with this I'm sure there, used Phanteks Glacier WB with older Aorus Extreme GTX1080Ti and used stock backplates

Heatkiller hard to say if they will be making waterblocks for yours GPU bit usually as EK if there is enough interest in blocks they will make blocks for specific blocks

Why I hate or rather not recommend EK, if I build loop now I use Heatkiller or Phanteks or Bykski or Barrow WB rather than EK just due the quality of manufacturing etc, on my own loop have EK GPUs WB which I will be removing one by one and replacing for Heatkiller

EK blocks are cheaply made if you are comparing with Heatkiller, Phanteks, Barrow or Bykski

Tried Bykski RTX 2080Ti on my own build as well just compared to my EK Vector and temperatures are on idle same, load 1°C lower with Bykski than EK Vector RTX 2080Ti WB

Regarding the Barrow, have used their several products and never have issues with them, have two blocks on two builds which I used on friends and temperatures are great there, Bykski have as well performed quite nicely on builds which have done

Regarding the backplate, as I said, Bykski backplate will fit Barrow or Bykski WB, this I know, used Bykski backplate with Barrow WB and same you can use stock backplate

Phanteks is available and for sale and backplate I hope tgey will be making, if not for time being use stock backplate

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

10. Raffaele Schiavone

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi Jura,

thanks a lot again, you're giving me a lot of help. It may be because of the language, but I did not understand part of your message, so I will probably repeat some things.
    I understand that there is another waterblock compatible with my card, or the Phanteks; I confess, however, that I like it much less than the other two, and I wonder even if the higher price is justified by higher performance. I guess not, as for EK. However, looking carefully and reflecting, I think I'll take the one produced by Bykski (I changed my mind) because it has a particular shape, less squared compared to those produced by Barrow or EK.
    I understand that Barrow and Bykski are compatible with each other so if I took a waterblock produced by Barrow, I could use a Bykski backplate, or vice versa. I think I understood this :)
    I do not find any backplate produced by Barrow or Bykski, and I do not understand if there is one produced by Phanteks, I guess not.
    If you can find one compatible with Barrow or Bykski I would be grateful, but I'm not looking for miracles, in fact I think you've already done one, even finding three waterblocks compatible with my card.
    For me it is the first vga with backplate that I have to disassemble (to mount a wb) and, were for me, I would give it back to the backplate, but I did not understand if this also serves to dissipate the heat, or if you can do without . The backplate of my Gigabyte is anchored to the pcb with thermal pads, which oppose a lot of tensile strength. I do not know if this is the right procedure, but I was thinking of removing the backplate by slightly heating it with a hair dryer and pulling it.
    That said, I could safely leave the original backplate, but I would prefer to eliminate it for aesthetic reasons, if it is not essential, waiting perhaps to find one compatible.
    From your message I did not understand if there actually exists a compatible backplate, which goes well with the Bykski or Barrow waterblock. For the rest it should all be clear; thanks again for all the time you have dedicated to me for free.

Raffaele

11. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

If its worth to get Phanteks for yours GPU, yes if you are need have this block sooner or now rather than wait bit longer at least 2-3 weeks what I know, Bykski have very fast delivery usually within 1-2 weeks

Phanteks perfoms like EK, maybe 1-2°C worse than some best waterblock like Heatkiller or Aquacomputer

Yes Barrow or Bykski backplates are interchangeable and you can use with both blocks

I think I made mistake or rather I have been mistaken by Founders Edition of RTX 2080Ti where Bykski included their own backplate with their blocks, which doesn't appear to be the case of their Aorus Extreme block, as there is no option to have backplate, you can ask Bykski if they're be making backplate for this block

Aorus Backplate is easy to remove, done it on previous generations of Gigabyte GTX1080Ti Aorus Extreme, I don't think you need to remove backplate from PCB, you will see how is this backplate done or how is fixed, underneath of stock cooler or in yours case block there are four screws which you can undo if yiu wish fit better backplate etc, don't worry about this

Do not pull backplate from Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce 11G, you will break the backplate or PCB, backplate is holding by 4 or more screws underneath due this be careful, do not heat backplate with hairdryer, you don't need to do it

If backplate is essential hard to say, have run with or without and I don't see difference, only backplate which cools PCB is Aquacomputer but I don't think they'll be making waterblocks for yours GPU

Sorry I have made mistake or made impression there is backplate for yours GPU bit looks like is not as Bykski haven't made one for yours only for Founders Edition or reference PCB maybe they will be making one, I would recommend ask them

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12. Raffaele Schiavone

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi Jura,

no problem waiting, I gladly take the waterblock produced by Bykski, even if it will be necessary to wait 20-30 days.
    So, as I understand it, there is no backplate for my custom Gigabyte, at least for the moment (and probably in the future). I will keep the original backplate or remove it directly. At the moment I use a single video card configuration and, holding the card vertically, the backplate is not visible.
    As I understand it, I risked breaking the board by pulling the backplate to remove it. Looking carefully, I realized that there are some "internal" screws that seem to hold back the backplate. I removed all the external screws but nothing seems to have moved. I did not understand if, by removing the external screws, I can remove the original waterblock, or if you need to remove all the screws (internal and external) to remove the original waterblock and mount that of Bykski. The card, however, works well, so I doubt I have done damage because, when I noticed that the backplate opposed a certain resistance to traction, I gave up immediately and I have not forced further.
    Now I order the Bykski on your good advice, and I wait patiently for it to arrive. In waiting I would be happy to understand how to remove the original waterblock; I'm sure it's simple, but since I did not find a video about it, I prefer to avoid errors that could damage the card.
    I would like to attach some photos, but it seems to me that the forum does not grant this possibility. Since you helped me a lot, I'd like to share photos of the finished system with you. I had already finished the plant, but the 1080ti broke, so I bought this one. When the Bykski arrives I will take the opportunity to wash the liquid system again from some red EK Cryofuel Blood red traces, which do not really want to leave :) Little is noticed, but the water is pink in color. After a few weeks of use, I realized that it was better to avoid the use of dyes, and now I'm swearing to try to clean everything properly!

P.S: from what I have read, I think I understand that the backplate is not essential, as I imagined. On the backplate there is also the serial number label, irremediably stained with red dye. As far as I understand, if I removed it, I would lose the guarantee. In case you decide to remove the backplate, I would put it aside together with the label, in case I had to send the warranty card in the future.

Thanks for everything.

Raffaele

13. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

There is no backplate for yours GPU,I would wait if Phanteks or any other makers starts to producing them,but for now this does looks like there is no backplate

Yes there are 6 internal screws,as you can see in this picture or they're underneath of the waterblock or stock heatsink

[​IMG]

And here is Phanteks PH-GB2080TIGB manual

http://phanteks.com.tw/assets/manuals/PH-GB2080TiGB.pdf

I would have look on older Gigabyte GTX1080Ti Aorus YT disassembly which is similar than on yours RTX2080Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 11G like in this GN YT video

I have never used or tried RTX 2080TI Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 11G,I have used only older GTX1080Ti Aorus not RTX2080Ti,

Not sure if there are any tear downs of Aorus RTX2080Ti Xtreme Waterforce 11G,not seen one

If you want to post pictures not sure if you are need at least how many posts there,I'm using Imgur or any good photo host which works,not sure there,if this doesn't help please contact over here moderator/admin

Regarding the using different coolants,have very good experience with Mayhems coolants like X1 or XT-1 and use them regularly on my builds,for staining this is normal,with most of the coolants,I usually buying normal X1 or XT-1 and if I wish red colour I will buy Mayhems non staining dye which is cheap and can be used with any coolant or distilled or deionized water,just please stay away from Thermaltake coolants,Mayhems I use only,used EK CryoFuel but not with the best experience,there is good thread over OCN where few guys have similar experience like me

For cleaning all parts and radiators I use Mayhems Blitz kit,its expensive but will clean radiators and blocks etc very nicely

Red and few other colours are biggest offenders in therm of coolants and staining

Backplate is really not essential in my view,I have run for while all my GPUs without the backplate and no issues,I would keep backplate and original cooler/waterblock for RMA purposes,its great to have at this,I didn't this with my EVGA GTX1080 when my brother throw away cooler and backplate and later I needed to RMA GPU I couldn't,for me last hope has been bake GPU and pray it will work,at the end EVGA GTX1080 is still working in my render workstation and no issues,it overclocks like previously with measly 2100MHz and no name Manli GTX1080 will OC easy 2164MHz

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

14. Renegade5399

Renegade5399 New Member

GPU:
    2080Ti/11GB x2
    I am very happy with the Barrow 2080Ti reference blocks I got for my EVGA XC Blacks. Mine have 5V, 3 pin RGB strips in them.

15. Raffaele Schiavone

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti
    Hi Jura,

can I ask you a little more help? I am not in a hurry, so take all the time you need.
    I mounted the Bykski water block and removed the original backplate. I confirm that the WB is fantastic, maintains excellent temperatures and is perfectly compatible.
    I have a single "little problem"; don't ask me why I did it, but when I removed the old water block and fitted the new one, I added an extra strip of thermal paste, on chips that hadn't cooled. Maybe I thought, "if I can cool them, why not do it?"
    Mounted the waterblock, from the transparent front side, I can see a thermal strip coming out of the board; I don't know if it's the one I added, or another. It still works very well, so it's just an aesthetic problem.
    In the coming months I would like to change the thermal strips with better ones, but in fact I don't know where to place them exactly because, in addition to the GPU and Vrams, I don't know which are the other components that heat up, and therefore must be absolutely cooled. On the internet there are many videos of 2080ti disassembled, but for the most part they are founders edition or cards of other brands; I don't know if the location of the thermal pads is identical to that of my card.
    I don't know if I managed to explain myself well, because it's difficult; it would be really convenient for me to have a "drawing" that tells me where to place the thermal pads exactly. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not taking pictures of the card just removed.
    Thanks a lot! Without your help I would never have found a suitable water block. ;)

Renegade5399, I also reply to you;) I'm sure the Barrows are excellent. In the future, maybe I'll try one. I decided to take a Bykski because I already had one in the past, with which I found myself very well, and because it is an "original" wb, a little different than EK, Barrow etc. As soon as I can I will post some pictures of my system, also to show Bykski's waterblock.

16. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi Raffaele

You can keep stock backplate with Bykski or Barrow WB what I know, there is no downside or upside to have stock backplate

Regarding the thermal pads, did you receive with yours waterblock manual where you should mount or place these thermal pads, adding extra thermal pad on unused mosfets or where shouldn't be can make difference in temperatures in some cases worse in some cases temperatures are better by few °C

Usually you need cool VRM and mosfets, VRAM and core to have good temperatures,can you use above pictures of PCB and paint above where are you placed extra thermal pads?

If placing thermal pads is identical to FE or other cards,in some cases yes its identical but in some cases and some waterblocks is totally different

I have at home only Bykski for RTX 2080Ti reference PCB and not sure if thermal pads placing is same or similar, I would only guess there

If you will be replacing thermal pads for better ones something like is Fujipoly or Thermal Grizzly then you should know for sure if its 1mm or 1.5mm etc, using higher pads can cause bad contact of waterblock

Bykski I think using grey thermal pads and Gigabyte what I remember using bluish thermal pads, if both pads are similar colours then not sure

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura