Water4Gas?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by bradbb2005, Jul 15, 2008.

1. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    Hey all i was just looking up some ways to try and improve my 13 mpg jeep fuel inefficiency and i stumbled upon this site (or concept) http://www.water4gas.com/2books.htm

Now i want to know if anyone has Actually tried this or knows someone who has, or have tried using electrolysis processes to remove hydrogen from water to boost any fuel efficiency and if it had worked.

I have a fraternity brother who was designing a system like this in school for a tractor and was designing something for his Chevy Nova but havent heard much on it.

Let me know if you guys have heard anything.

I did go online and look for reviews and read alot so please dont post links to reviews unless it proves 150% that the system (or Process) actually works.

Thanks Guys,

Brad

2. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Try it out and get back to us

3. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    If i had the time and money to actually do it, i would. If nobody lets me know then by this time next year i will have enough money and time and ill let you know then...lol. but i really would if i had the time...(tries to find books elsewhere but ares wont conn......lol)

4. acon

acon Member Guru

GPU:
    eVga/8800gts/512

5. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    I regret to inform you that the site you have posted is based on NOTHING and in reality it only takes 1.23 volts to start electrolysis, i want to know if adding hydrogen to your air intake tells the computer of the car to send less gas, as i said before, please dont post links to articles that have no sources or proven facts, please.

Thanks

EDIT: Here, See this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtbr_2UhsXM&NR=1

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  6. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    i call bs, electrolysis is an extremely wasteful process and even if you claim that it does it at 1.23V (which i doubt) voltage is still not an indicator of power.

Get a VA rating then tell me.

7. acon

acon Member Guru

GPU:
    eVga/8800gts/512
    Of course, cracked.com is a humor site and not a place to get reliable info, i just like the way they put things sometimes. Nevertheless my intention is to save you some money on a scam, heed a warning or not, your choice.

8. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    HHO?

Don't they call that WATER? If water was combustible then I doubt gasoline would even have been considered as a viable fuel source.

9. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    Im sure Mythbusters done somthing about this.....i may be wrong but it was somthing along these lines.

might want to check it out.

10. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Actually The site has some basis even though it doesn't use chemistry and scientific terms in general, the water4gas is complete bullsh!t if i ever saw one. Today, the best way to improve gas mileage is to not drive like a maniac, and get a smaller, more fuel efficient car, and to add to that, make sure your car is checked and tuned up, with proper air in the tires etc.

If you understand how the engine of a car works, its via combustion, and over the years, gasoline has developed from low ifficient methods of combustion, to lead based gasoline which improved the quality of combustion and allowd for a more even combustion inside the engine, but of course after so many years, they had to change that, and therefore developed a non leaded gasoline that combusted more evenly with other elements that didn't harm humans so much as the enviroment. The engines in cars are no developed in anyway to take in the full effects, let alone any effects of eletroylsis and the conbustion thereof. Think mate.

11. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I think it's fake. To begin with, he states that he gives away the books as a "free bonus", then if you scroll down, you'll see their price... And there's no images of "actual" books, they look ugly and photoshopped...

12. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    electrolysis can be used to remove hair.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I recall them using some electricity system to use water for powering a vehicle.

14. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    All the mass airflow sensor does (in the air intake valve) is measure the amount of air coming through, which determines how much fuel is injected. It doesnt detect what type of gas is coming through, just the quantity.

15. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I like how the vaporizer is a jar with a hose connected to it:

[​IMG]

16. bradbb2005

bradbb2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4550
    http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/projects/split_h2o.html

It doesnt take much to get the hydrogen out, just how do you use it in a car motor i wonder? i am really just looking to see if anyone has actually tried this not a whole bunch of people with opinions and no facts on the failure of this system.

Thanks

17. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    Isn't this similar to have a N2O injection ?

Quote from www.nitrous.info :

So in theory a car would need more fuel as it burns it faster and the pistons move faster ... unless the car is reprogrammed to give less petrol by the injectors, but that is something I'm just guessing...

18. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I have seen a similar website for EDTA chelation pills that are suppose to do everything from cure your chronic heart disease to sharpen your mind from better circulation. Both the websites follow the same format, pages and pages of information with some endorsement from an expert and loads of happy customers telling you how much better their life is after discovering the product. I would bet there are dozens more like it, if not hundreds.

As a rule of thumb, stay away from any products on the internet that use unproven technology/medicines that are obviously too good to be true. Like the TV for PC scam sites, these sort of sites piss me off.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Uh, you're kidding right. Hydrogen powered cars to date have all had to have reinforced storage tanks installed on the vehicle in which to contain the produced Hydrogen.

Does anyone see anything in that kit that would, in any way, be capable of storing a highly inflammable gas safely?

Where are the control mechanisms for delivering the hydrogen in a safe and controlled manner to your cars injectors / fuel system? Do you just fill it with water stick the baking soda in, turn the car over and then just let it pump hydrogen in to your fuel system at will?

Anyone who's seen a NOS system knows that the delivery of the gas has to be very very tightly controlled otherwise you risk doing untold levels of damage to the cylinder block, head, pistons and piston rings.

I am not flat out saying this is bullsh*t but I am thinking it really loudly.

20. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    They need a tank to store the LIQUID HYDROGEN. Storing gas hydrogen, at normal pressure and temperature, isn't hard. It just takes up a lot of space. I'm sure that the kit makes hydrogen, though you'd be wasting the hydrogen since you're car can't burn it, and if it does you're just messing up your car, but I know that it certainly doesn't make enough in REAL TIME to run anything. You'd need a lot more than minimum power to run a car off of electrolysis .