Water Cooling, Do I need an adapter, Suggest me one?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Kenny9999, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Kenny9999

Kenny9999 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 5970 weeee
    Hello fellow Guru's

I just order those
    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14480AC2681&vpn=H20-220 ULTIMA XT&manufacture=SWIFTECH
    and
    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11300AC3072&vpn=GPU-6899&manufacture=DANGER DEN

to cool my current system (see my spec at left!) since I OC it and that it make a lot of noise with all the fan and also, the 5970 get really hot.

But I notice that the DD-5970 is 1/2 fitting and the swiftech seem to be 7/16. I'm not really completely comfortable with water cooling but I thing the tubing will not fit on the vga cooler. I look rapidly on the net, but, can't find any adapter. Any of you can recommend me something or the tubing will fit since I have miss a point.

Thx

2. Kenny9999

Kenny9999 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 5970 weeee
    I'm really not lucky with my post, probably my bad English...

anyone?

3. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    From what I read the Swiftech barbs are 1/2, it's actually the tubing that is 7/16

Swiftech MCP655-B 12V Pump = 1/2" barb
    As for the rest of the kit the Radiator, Reservoir and the XT waterblock are all 1/2" barbs but the are changeable and use standard G1/4 thread.
    The only way to change the water pump barbs is to buy a different head for the pump. eg: High flow heads that offer changeable barbs are sold by EK and a few other manufacturers as well that suite the Swiftech MCP655-B pump.

The only problem I see with your kit is if you add the 5970 WB that kit will not be that effective with the GPU and CPU in that loop.

You might want to consider a seperate loop for the 5970 video card.
    A quick/easy solution for an individual loop might be use a Swiftech MCR320/240-DRIVE Radiator with Pump (pump and rad in one) and just connect the DD wb straight up to it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Kenny:

I suggest you spend a little bit more on some quality fittings, such as bitspower compressions. It's better to be safe and sure that there wont be leaks.
    as the ID should be 1/2. The OD could be 5/8" or 3/4" depending on your kit.

If you are on a budget and stick with original brabs. make sure you get worm gears for all of them.

5. Kenny9999

Kenny9999 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 5970 weeee
    Great, finally an answer...

then, the tubing will fit to the DD-5970... hopefully!

For the dual loop, I will have a space managing problem... If the cooling is not enough, I was thinking to by another MCR220 since they are stackable

[​IMG]

but first, loop as is!

6. Kenny9999

Kenny9999 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 5970 weeee
    Any suggestion on that?

7. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    1. You will have to double check the OD of the tubing supplied.

Then you could purchase the compression fittings. They are

More expensive than any other fitting types. but most secure.

otherwise, Worm gear could be purchased at hardware stores

such as Home depo.

2. stacking rads have a small performance gain from what I read. (Correct me if Im wrong )

I believe running the rads in series could have better performance.

3. If you are thinking of purchasing a seperate rad. I would suggest the the one from XSPC RX360, if you case permits.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010